- Volume 25 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Chuna Manual Therapy for Nocturnal Crying; A Systematic Review
소아 야제에 대한 추나요법 효과; 체계적 문헌고찰
- Hwang, Man-Suk ;
- Shin, Byung-Cheul ;
- Heo, Kwang-Ho ;
- Heo, In ;
- Kim, Byung-Jun ;
- Kim, Ki-Bong ;
- Cheon, Jin-Hong ;
- Park, Jae-Hong ;
- Hwang, Eui-Hyoung
- Received : 2015.06.18
- Accepted : 2015.07.08
- Published : 2015.07.31
Objectives To evaluate the evidence supporting the effectiveness of Chuna manual therapy for nocturnal crying. Methods We conducted search across the 3 electronic databases (Pubmed, CAJ and Oasis) to find all of randomized controlled clinical trials(RCTs) that used Chuna manual therapy as a treatment for nocturnal crying. The methodological quality of each RCTs was assessed using the Cochrane Risk of Bias tool and nRCTs was assessed using the Cochrane Risk of Bias Assessment tool for Non-randomized Study tool. Results Two RCTs and three nRCTs met our inclusion criteria. The meta-analysis showed positive results for the use of Chuna manual therapy in terms of the efficacy rate when compared to medication treatments alone. Positive results were also obtained, in terms of the efficacy rate, when comparing Chuna manual therapy combined with acupoint application therapy to Chuna manual therapy alone, but was not statistically significant. Conclusions Our systematic review found encouraging but limited evidence of Chuna manual therapy for nocturnal crying. We recommend clinical trials which compare the effectiveness of Chuna manual therapy with usual care to obtain stronger evidence without the demerits of trial design.
Chuna manual therapy;Nocturnal crying;Systematic review;Meta-analysis;Traditional Korean medicine
- Ferrance RJ, Miller J. Chiropractic diagnosis and management of non-musculoskeletal conditions in children and adolescents. Chiropr Osteopat. 2010;18:14. https://doi.org/10.1186/1746-1340-18-14
- Korean Society of Chuna manual Medicine for Spine & Nerves. Chuna manual medicine. 2nd ed. Seoul:.Korean Society of Chuna manual Medicine for Spine & Nerves. 2014:26-37.
- National Evidence-based Healthcare Collaborating Agency. NECA's guidance for undertaking systematic reviews and meta-analyses for intervention. Seoul:NECA. 2011:65-78.
- Higgins J, Green S. Analysing and presenting results. Cochrane handbook for systematic reviews of interventions 4.2.6 [updated september 2006]. Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons Inc. 2008:79-165.
- Jiang S, Guo QY, Xia L.. Acupoints application 39 cases combined with tuina in children with heart by the accumulated heat type Yeti. J of External Therapy of TCM. 2013;22(6):20-1.
- Liu LW. Infantile Yeti with tuina. Liaoning J of TCM. 2005;32(8):820-1.
- Li CY, Zhang XH, Li Y. The clinical efficacy of tuina in children Yeti. Zhongguo Xiangcun Yiyao. 2005;12(12):41.
- Li JZ, Meng XH. Tuina in children Yeti 230 cases. Henan TCM. 2003;23(1):56.
- Jiang H, Wu SM. Clinical efficacy of 42 cases of tuina for Spleen Syndrome after infant infection. Clinical J of Anhui TCM. 2003;15(1):20.
- Grace Evanoo, Infant Crying: A Clinical Conundrum,J Pediatr Health Care. 2007;21:333-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pedhc.2007.06.014
- Wessel MA, Cobb JC, Jackson EB, Harris GS Jr, Detwiler AC. Paroxysmal fussing in infancy, sometimes calledcolic. Pediatrics. 1954;14:421-35.
- Garrison MM, Christakis DA. A systematic review of treatments for infant colic. Pediatrics. 2000;106(1):184-90.
- Hughes S, Bolton J. Is chiropractic an effective treatment in infantile colic? Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2002;86(5):382-4.
- Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine. ZhuBingYuan-HouLun JiaoShi. Beijing. People's Medical Publishing House Co. LTD. 1982:1319.
- Qian Y. Soayakjeungjickyeol. Seoul:DaeSungMunHwa Co. 1981:178.
- Lou QS. Yixuegangmu. Sprouts a North-South Publishing. 1973:9-10.
- Sondergaard C, Skajaa E, Henriksen TB. Fetal growth and infantile colic. Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed. 2000;83:44-7. https://doi.org/10.1136/fn.83.1.F44
- de Weerth C, van Hees Y, Buitelaar JK. Prenatal maternal cortisol levels and infant behavior during the first 5 months. Early Hum Dev. 2003;74:139-51. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-3782(03)00088-4
- Oh HS, Kim JH. Soa yajeae guanhan moonheonjeok gohchal. J Korean Orient Pediatr. 1997;11(1):59-88.
- Kim KB, Kim DG, Kim YH, Kim JH, Min SY, Park EJ, Baek JH, Yu SA, Lee JY, Lee HJ, Chang GT, Chai JW, Han YJ , Han JK. Pediatrics of Korean Medicine. Seoul: UiSungDang publishing Co. 2010:550.
- Hiscock H, Cook F, Bayer J, Le HN, Mensah F, Cann W, et al. Preventing early infant sleep and crying problems and postnatal depression: a randomized trial. Pediatrics. 2014;133(2):e346-54. https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2013-1886
- Kim YH, , Yoo DY. The Clinical Study of a Children's Night Crying Disease. J Korean Orient Pediatr. 1999;13(1):239-52.
- Han JH, Kim DG, Lee JY. Survey Research on Factors Inducing Nocturnal Crying. J Korean Orient Pediatr. 2013;27(1):26-35. https://doi.org/10.7778/jpkm.2013.27.1.026
Supported by : 부산대학교병원