- Volume 25 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Survey on Satisfaction of Korean Medicine Treatment in 103 Cases by Traffic Accident
교통사고 환자 103례에 대한 한방치료 만족도 조사
- Bae, Kil-Joon ;
- Jeong, Ji-Won ;
- Song, Min-Yeong ;
- Choi, Jin-Bong ;
- Kim, Seong-Tae ;
- Kwon, Min-Goo ;
- Sul, Jae-Uk ;
- Na, Sung-Young ;
- Kim, Seon-Jong
- Received : 2015.06.18
- Accepted : 2015.07.03
- Published : 2015.07.31
Objectives The aim of this study is to identify the satisfaction of Korean medicine treatment by traffic accident. Methods This study was carried out 103 cases of traffic accident patients which had been treatment in Dongshin university Korean medicine hospital and Chung-Yeon Korean medicine hospital from June, 2014 to September, 2014. The survey used by preceding articles was accepted for assessment of the satisfaction degree of patients in this study. All data were coded by SPSS v18.0 and analyzed by descriptive maneuver, x2-test, T-test and correlation. Results According to the survey, 93.2% of patients included this study were hospitalized in the Korean medical hospital within 2 weeks from TA and 90.3% were satisfied with the current medical service. The answer that Korean medicine is superior to western medicine for TA treatment was the main reason for selecting Korean medical hospital. 46.6% of patients satisfied Acupuncture treatment and 29.1% of patients satisfied Korean physical treatment. There were no differences in the satisfaction degree with sex, age, education and occupation. The satisfaction degree of the current Korean medical service was significantly correlated with doctor's service, use the procedure and reuse intention. Conclusions We could see that the satisfaction of Korean medicine treatment is relatively high. The continuous and repetitive research is needed in order to improve the quality of Korean medicine hospital service and the satisfaction of patients by traffic accident.
Traffic accident (TA);Satisfaction survey;Korean medicine treatment;Doctor service
- Road Traffic Authority. Statistical Analysis of 2014 traffic accident. 2014:5, 37, 45.
- National Policy Agency. Statistics of 2014 traffic accident. 2014:5.
- Park SY, Lee YK, Kim JS, Lim SC, Lee BH, Jung TY, Ha ID, Han SW, Lee KM. Survey of Oriental Medical Care for Traffic Accident Patients with Automobile insurance; 544 Cases Report. The journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2009;26(3):1-10.
- Chung SH, Lee SM, Jeon JH, Kim JH, Kim YI. The Research about Recognition and Satisfaction on Korean Medicine. Journal of Daejeon University Korean medical institute. 2013;22(1):105-18.
- Cho YS, Kweon JH. A Study on Relationship between Health Services Quality and Customer's Satisfaction in Oriental Medicine Hospitals. Journal of Korean Oriental Medicine. 2006;27(2):86-95.
- Park DS, Pi CH, Lee JH, Kong JC, Baek DG, Song YS, Kwon YM. Survey of Satisfaction with Oriental Medical Care for Traffic Accident Patients ; 35 Cases Report. Journal of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2008;18(3):99-118.
- Chiang SY, Park JW, Shin HG, Shin JH, Lee SY, Koh YJ, Youn HJ, Ryu HS, Sul JU. Survey on Satisfaction of Korean Medicine Treatment in 131 Cases by Traffic Accident. The journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2012;29(3):67-75.
- Lee JE, Jung HK, Ryu CR, Cho MR, Wi J, Ryu MS, Kim JY. The Clinical Study on 120 Cases with Traffic Accident. The journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2008;25(6):135-43.
- Road Traffic Authority. Comparison of OECD member country's traffic accident. 2014:8, 11.
- Kim ST, Song MY, Kim DH, Lee EJ, Kwon MG, Sul JW, Kim SJ, Bae KJ, Choi JB. Clinical Study on Pain Index, Radiological Evaluation and MMPI of Traffic Accident Patient. Journal of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2015;25(1):77-85. https://doi.org/10.18325/jkmr.2015.25.1.077
- Lee YC, Nam DJ, Huh G, Lee JE, Kim B, Song EM, Lee EJ, Lee JM, Oh MS. The Comparative Study on the Effect of HWANGRYUNHAEDOKTANG Pharmacopuncture and Essential Bee Venom Pharmacopuncture for Cervical Pain Caused by Traffic Accidents: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Journal of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2014; 24(4):145-53.
- Yun SH, Jung WS, Cho SH, Cho HS. The Clinical Study for Chuna Treatment on Patients with Cervicogenic Headache Caused by Traffic Accident. Journal of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. 2012;22(2):165-75.
- Sung JA, Nam CH, Kim SW, Kim GS, Koo HJ, Yoo EJ. Patient's Satisfaction with Medical Care Services in Hospital. Journal of Oriental Preventive Medical Society. 2006;10(1):109-21.
- Choe BD, Lee DH, Yoon SD. A multi-item measurement scale of healthcare service quality: an evaluation indicators of healthcare certification. Journal of the Korean Society for Quality Management. 2012;40(3):381-93. https://doi.org/10.7469/JKSQM.2012.40.3.381
- Kim YH, Woo JS, Kim HS, Kim HR, Kim HJ. Study on moderating effects of trust factor that medical service evaluation of patients. Korean Journal of Hospital Management. 2011;16(4):111-30.
- Jung HY, Byun DH. Evaluation of Health Care Services Public Health Centers: SERVQUAL. Journal of Korean Public Health Nursing. 2014;28(3):553-64. https://doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2014.28.3.553
- Lim JH, Lim SM. A literature study about the satisfaction with oriental medical services. The journal of the society of Korean Medicine Diagnostics. 2013;17(1):51-62.
- Korean Society of manual Medicine for Spine & Nerves. Chuna manual Medicine 2nd edition. Seoul: Korean Society of manual Medicine for Spine & Nerves. 2014:364.
- The Society of Korean Medicine Rehabilitation. Korean Medicine Rehabilitation the 4th edition. Seoul : Koonja publisher. 2015:236-7.