- Volume 25 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The One Case Report of Strabismus of Traffic Accident Induced Abducence Nerve Paralysis Treated with Electro-acupuncture
전침치료를 통한 교통사고로 유발된 외전신경마비로 인한 사시 환자의 치험 1례
- Han, Jeong-Seok (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, DongSin Hospital of Korean Medicine) ;
- Won, Jeong-Yoon (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, DongSin Hospital of Korean Medicine) ;
- Kim, Moon-Joon (Department of Rehabilitation Medicine of Korean Medicine, Joong-Hwa Hospital of Korean Medicine) ;
- Choi, Jeong-Eun (Department of Intenal Medicine of Korean Medicine, Joong-Hwa Hospital of Korean Medicine)
- Received : 2015.06.18
- Accepted : 2015.07.06
- Published : 2015.07.31
Objectives The purpose of this case is to report the effect of Korean Medicine, especially Electro-acupuncture on strabismus of traffic accident induced abducens nerve paralysis. Methods Patient received Korean Medicine treatment such as acupuncture, electro-acupuncture & Herb-medicine. Patienst was treated with the electro-acupuncture at Right eye paralytic lateral rectus muscle lesions. The case was enforced 10 minutes using the PG-306 electro-acupuncture and applyed the low consequence wave of 1-8Hz. The improvement of the strabismus was observed. Results During ten weeks of treatment, patient's strabismus and diplopia were improved. Conclusions In this case, Electro-acupuncture on strabismus and diplopia of traffic accident induced abducens nerve paralysis was effective. The effectivity is depended on the time stimulation is performed.
- Chae BY. Oriental Ophthalmology & Otorhinolaryngology. Seoul : JipMunDang. 1994:130-44.
- Ahn HS, Hong CE. Pediatrics. Seoul : Daehan Textbook Publishers. 2007:1191-3.
- Rucker CW. Paralysis of the third, fouth and sixth cranial nerves. Am J Ophthalmol. 1958;46:787-94. https://doi.org/10.1016/0002-9394(58)90989-9
- Rucker CW. The causes of paralysis of the third, fourth and sixth cranial nerves. Am J Ophthalmol. 1966;61:1293-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/0002-9394(66)90258-3
- Rush JA, Younge Br. Paralysis of cranial nerves III, IV, and VI. Cause and prognosis in 1,000 cases. Arch Ophthalmol. 1981;99:76-9. https://doi.org/10.1001/archopht.1981.03930010078006
- Kim SS, Jin KH, Kim SM. Neuro-ophthalmologic evaluation of the third, fourth and sixth cranial nerve paralysis. J korean Ophthalmol Soc. 1991;32:283-8.
- Han ER, Lim KH. Clinical features of the sixth cranial nerve palsy. J Korean Ophthalmol Soc. 1991;32:283-8.
- Kim KB, Kim DK, Kim YH, Kim JH, Min SY, Park EJ. Oriental Pediatrics. Seoul : EuiSungDang. 200:927-9.
- Park EJ, Shin SY. Literature Review on pediatric strabismus. A Comparison of East-West Medicine. The Journal of Korean Oriental Pediatrics. 1996;10(1):35-76.
- Noh SS. Oriental Ophthalmology & Otorhinolaryngology. Seoul : IBC Inc. 2007:281-98.
- Yoon DH, Lee SW, Choi Y. Ophthalmology. Seoul : IlJoGak. 1996:223-45.
- Choi YT. The Acupuncture and Moxibustion. Seoul : JipMunDang. 1991:1447-51.
- Kim NK, Hwang CY. Three cases of paralytic strabismus which were treated electra-acupuncture at exraocular muscles. Korean Journal of Oriental Pyhsiology & Pathology. 2003;17(1):247-250.
- Du IS. Case of the Oculomotor Nerve Palsy in Miller Fisher Syndrome. The Journal of Korean Association of Oriental Medical Physiology. 2003;17(3):842-45.
- Lee DW. Neuro-ophthalmic manifestations of head trauma and predictive factors. J korean Ophthalmol soc. 2005;46:422-8.
- Scott Ab, Kraft SP. Botulinum toxin injection in the management of lateral rectus paresis. Ophtalmology. 1985;92:676-683. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0161-6420(85)33982-9
- Rimel RW, Giordani B, Barth JT, Jane JA. Moderate head injury: Completing the clinical spectrum of brain trauma. Neurosurgery. 1982;11:344-51. https://doi.org/10.1227/00006123-198209000-00002
- Ji SJ, Dae HK. Associated injuries and prognosis in traumatic isolated 3rd, 4th, and 6th cranial nerve palsies. J Korean Ophthalol soc. 2014;55(4):596-601. https://doi.org/10.3341/jkos.2014.55.4.596
- Kim JC, Bae GJ. Surgery with Silicone Band for Sixth Nerve Paralysis. Journal of The Korean Ophthalmological Society. 1996;37(7):1196-9.
- Park UC, Kim SJ, Hwang JM, Yu YS. Clinical features and natural hisory of acquired third, fourth, and sixth cranial nerve palsy. Eye(lond). 2008;22:691-6.
- Holmes JM, Beck RW, Kip KE et al. Predctors of nonrecover in acute traumatic sixth nerve palsy and paresis. Ophthalmology. 2001;108:1457-60. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0161-6420(01)00633-9
- Hong S. The experimental study of Sunkihwalhyul-tang against inhibitive effects on the brain ischemia. The korean journal of oriental medical prescription. 2005;13(1):49-69.
- Zhang SJ, Li SR, Li JS, Liu J, Song RX. Clinical observation on acupuncture for treatment of paralytic strabismus. Zhongguo Zhen Jiu. 2009 Oct;29(10):799-803.
- Guo HM, Dong JK, Wang HM, Zhang ZH, Li YX, Wang RX, Liu SQ. Observation on therapeutic effect of acupuncture combined with western medicine on paralytic strabismus. Zhongguo Zhen Jiu. 2008 Jun;28(6):399-401.
- Seo DM. Review of the latest research on Electro-Acupuncture Search by Pubmed. The Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Society. 2002;1993:168-79.