- Volume 7 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on the oxidation characteristics of micro-algal bio diesel derived from Dunaliella tertiolecta LB999
Dunaliella tertiolecta LB999 유래 바이오디젤의 산화특성 연구
Lee, Don-Min;Lee, Mi-Eun;Ha, Jong-Han;Ryu, Jin-Young;Choi, Chang-Yong;Shim, Sang-Hyuk;Lim, Sang-Min;Lee, Choul-Gyun;Lee, Bong-Hee
- Received : 2015.04.29
- Accepted : 2015.05.13
- Published : 2015.06.30
Bio diesel has advantages to reduce GHG(Greenhouse Gas) compare with the fossil fuel by using oil comes from plant/animal sources and even waste such as used cook oil. The diversity of energy feeds brings the positive effects to secure the national energy mix. In this circumstance, micro-algae is one of the prospective source, though some technical barriers. We analyzed the bio diesel which was derived from Dunaliella tertiolecta LB999 through the BD100 quality specifications designated by the law. From that result, it is revealed that the oxidation stability is one of the properties to be improved. In order to find the reason for low oxidation stability, we analyzed the oxidation tendency of each FAME components through some methods(EN 14111, EN14112, EN16091). In this study, we could find the higher double bond FAME portion, the more oxidative property(C18:1
Bio Diesel;Micro-algae;Dunaliella tertiolecta;Oxidation Stability;Fatty Acid Methyl Ester
- A. E. Atabani, A. S. Silitonga, I. A. Badruddin, T. M. I. Mahlia, H. H. Masjuki, S. Mekhilefd, 2012, A comprehensive review on biodiesel as an alternative energy resource and its characteristics. Renew. Sustain. Energy Rev. 16, 2070-2093. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2012.01.003
- A. S. M. A. Haseeb, T. S. Jun, M. A. Fazal, H. H. Masjuki, "Degradation of physical properties of different elastomers upon exposure to palm biodiesel", Energy, 36, 1814-1819.
- C. S. Jung, Y. J. Lee, J. I. Dong, 2007, "Life Time Estimation of Biodiesel and Biodiesel Blend Fuel from the Oxidation Stability Analysis", Journal of The korean society for new and renewable energy, 3(22).
- Moon-Yong Lee, Jin-Hui Lee, 2013, Current Situation and overview of biodiesel over the global view. J. of Korean Oil Chemists' Soc. 30, 528-539. https://doi.org/10.12925/jkocs.2013.30.3.528
- M. Oguma, N. Chollacoop, EAS-ERIA, 2010, Biodiesel fuel trade handbook 2010, 27-62.
- A. Kirrolia, N. R. Bishnoi, R. Singh, 2013, Microalgae as a boon for sustainable energy production and its future research & development aspects. Renew. Sustain. Energy Rev. 20, 642-656. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2012.12.003
- A. S. Silitonga, H. H. Masjuki, T. M. I. Mahlia, H. C. Ong, W. T. Chong, M. H. Boosroh, 2013, Overview properties of biodiesel diesel blends from edible and non-edible feedstock. Renew. Sustain. Energy Rev. 22, 346-360. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2013.01.055
- J. Singh, S. Gu, 2010, Commercialization potential of microalgae for biofuels production. Renew. Sustain. Energy Rev. 14, 2596-2610. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2010.06.014
- M. K. Lam, K. T. Lee, 2012, 2013Microalgae biofuels: A critical review of issues, problems and the way forward. Biotechnol. Adv. 30, 673-690. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biotechadv.2011.11.008
- R. Halim, M. K. Danquah, P. A. Webley, 2012, Extraction of oil from microalgae for biodiesel production: A review. Biotechnol. Adv. 30, 709-732. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biotechadv.2012.01.001
- S. Amin, 2009, Review on biofuel oil and gas production processes from microalgae. Energy Convers. Manage. 50, 1834-1840. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2009.03.001
- S. K. Hoekmana, A. Brocha, C. Robbinsa, E. Cenicerosa, M. Natarajanb, 2012, Review of biodiesel composition, properties, and specifications. Renew. Sustain. Energy Rev. 16, 143-169. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2011.07.143
- Jae-Kon Kim, Jo-Yong Park, 2013, Fuel properties of various biodiesel derived vegetable oil. J. of Korean Oil Chemists' Soc. 30, 45-48.
- S.Kent, Amber Broch, 2011, Review of biodiesel composition, properties, and specifications. Renew. Sustain. Energy Rev. 16, 143-169.
- J. Pullen, K. Saeed, 2012, An overview of biodiesel oxidation stability. Renew. Sustain. Energy Rev. 16, 5924-5950. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2012.06.024
- R. O. Dunn, 2009, Effects of minor constituents on cold flow properties and performance of biodiesel. Prog. Energ. Combust. Sci. 35, 481-489. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pecs.2009.07.002
- P. V. Bhale, N. V. Deshpande,S. B. Thombre, 2009, Improving the low temperature properties of biodiesel fuel. Renew. Energy 34, 794-800. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2008.04.037
- J. A. Waynick, 2005, "Characterization of biodiesel oxidation and oxidation products" National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Golden, CO. NREL/TP-540-39096.
- M. M. Conceicao, V. J. Fernandes, Jr., A. S. Araujo, M. F. Farias, I. M. G. Santos, A. G. Souza, 2007, "Thermal and Oxidative Degradation of Castor Oil Biodiesel", Energy & Fuels 21, 1522-1527. https://doi.org/10.1021/ef0602224
- James Pullen, Khizer Saeed, 2014, "Experimental study of the factors affecting the oxidation stability of biodiesel FAME fuels", Fuel Processing Technology, 125, 223-235. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuproc.2014.03.032
- A. S. M. A. Haseeb, T. S. Jun, M. A. Fazal, H. H. Masjuki, 2012, "Degradation of automotive materials in palm biodiesel", Energy, 40, 76-83. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2012.02.026
- Jae-Kon Kim, Jo-Yong Park, 2013, "Biodiesel Production Technology from Sewage Sludge". J. of Korean Oil Chemists' Soc. 30, 688-700. https://doi.org/10.12925/jkocs.2013.30.4.688
- ACEA, Alliance, EMA, JAMA, 2006, "Biodiesel Guidelines", World Wide Fuel Charter Committee Report.
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory, 2009, "Biodiesel Handling and Use Guide Fourth Edition", NREL Report, TP-540-43672.
Supported by : 인하대 해양바이오에너지 생산기술연구센터