- Volume 30 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
CERTAIN NEW GENERATING RELATIONS FOR PRODUCTS OF TWO LAGUERRE POLYNOMIALS
- CHOI, JUNESANG (Department of Mathematics Dongguk University) ;
- RATHIE, ARJUN KUMAR (Department of Mathematics School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences Central University of Kerala, Riverside Transit Campus)
- Received : 2015.01.02
- Published : 2015.06.30
Generating functions play an important role in the investigation of various useful properties of the sequences which they generate. Exton  presented a very general double generating relation involving products of two Laguerre polynomials. Motivated essentially by Exton's derivation , the authors aim to show how one can obtain nineteen new generating relations associated with products of two Laguerre polynomials in the form of a single result. We also consider some interesting and potentially useful special cases of our main findings.
gamma function;hypergeometric function;generalized hypergeometric function;
Supported by : Dongguk University
- P. Appell and J. Kampe de Feriet, Fonctions Hypergeometriques et Hyperspheriques; Polynomes d'Hermite, Gauthier-Villars, Paris, 1926.
- W. N. Bailey, Identities of the Rogers-Ramanujan type, Proc. London Math. Soc. 50 (1948), 1-10.
- W. N. Bailey, Generalized Hypergeometric Series, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1935; Reprinted by Stechert Hafner, New York, 1964.
- Yu. A. Brychkov, Handbook of Special Functions, CRC Press, Taylor & Fancis Group, Boca Raton, London, New York, 2008.
- J. L. Burchnall and T. W. Chaundy, Expansions of Appell's double hypergeometric functions, Quart. J. Math. (Oxford Ser.) 11 (1940), 249-270.
- J. L. Burchnall and T. W. Chaundy, Expansions of Appell's double hypergeometric functions. II, Quart. J. Math. (Oxford Ser.) 12 (1941), 112-128.
- R. G. Buschman and H. M. Srivastava, Series identities and reducibility of Kampe de Feriet functions, Math. Proc. Cambridge Philos. Soc. 91 (1982), no. 3, 435-440. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0305004100059478
- J. Choi, Notes on formal manipulations of double series, Commun. Korean Math. Soc. 18 (2003), no. 4, 781-789. https://doi.org/10.4134/CKMS.2003.18.4.781
- J. Choi and A. K. Rathie, Reducibility of Kampe de Feriet function, Preprint, 2015.
- J. Choi and A. K. Rathie, Reducibility of certain Kampe de Feriet function with an application to generating relations for products of two Laguerre polynomials, Filomat, 2015, accepted for publicatiuon.
- A. Erdelyi, W. Magnus, F. Oberhettinger, and F. G. Tricomi, Higher Transcendental Functions. Vol. I, McGraw-Hill Book Company, New York, Toronto and London, 1953.
- H. Exton, Multiple Hypergeometric Functions and Applications, Halsted Press, New York, 1976.
- H. Exton, New generating relations for products of two Laguerre polynomials, Indian J. Pure Appl. Math. 24 (1993), no. 6, 401-408.
- E. D. Rainville, Special Functions, Macmillan Company, New York, 1960; Reprinted by Chelsea Publishing Company, Bronx, New York, 1971.
- L. J. Slater, Confluent Hypergeometric Functions, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, London, and New York, 1960.
- L. J. Slater, Generalized Hypergeometric Functions, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, London, and New York, 1966.
- H. M. Srivastava and J. Choi, Zeta and q-Zeta Functions and Associated Series and Integrals, Elsevier Science Publishers, Amsterdam, London and New York, 2012.
- H. M. Srivastava and P. W. Karlsson, Multiple Gaussian Hypergeometric Series, Halsted Press (Ellis Horwood Limited, Chichester), John Wiley and Sons, New York, Chichester, Brisbane, and Toronto, 1985.
- H. M. Srivastava and H. L. Manocha, A Treatise on Generating Functions, Halsted Press (Ellis Horwood Limited, Chichester), John Wiley and Sons, New York, Chichester, Brisbane, and Toronto, 1984.
- H. M. Srivastava and R. Panda, An integral representation for the product of two Jacobi polynomials, J. London Math. Soc. (2) 12 (1976), no. 4, 419-425.