- Volume 39 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Development of Impact Analysis Model of Roll Control System for Course Correction Munition
탄도 수정탄 롤제어시스템 충격해석 모델 개발에 관한 연구
- Ko, Jun Bok (Hanwha Corporation R&D Center) ;
- Yun, Chan Sik (Hanwha Corporation R&D Center) ;
- Kim, Yong Dae (Agency for Defense Development) ;
- Kim, Wan Joo (Agency for Defense Development) ;
- Cho, Seung Hwan (Hanwha Corporation R&D Center)
- Received : 2014.06.19
- Accepted : 2015.05.25
- Published : 2015.08.01
Course correction munition are a weapson system for precision attacks and are assembled by applying a ballistic control system to existing projectiles. The roll control system is a subsystem of the ballistic control system and is placed between the guidance and control units inside of the projectile, which undergoes a 5000g lateral acceleration. Thus, it is very important to design the system to endure this load. Many developed countries evaluate the performance and safety of course correction munitions' parts using live-fire gun launch tests or a soft recovery system. However, these methods are expensive and slow. Thus, in this study, we develop impact analysis model of the roll control system using CAE. We apply the code to simulate impact phenomenon and use Johnson-Cook material model for modeling the high strain rate effect on the materials. We also design bearings in detail to analyze their behavior and verify the reliability of CAE model through gas-gun impact tests of the roll control system.
Course Correction Munition;Roll Control System;Explicit Code;Impact Analysis;Johnson-Cook Material
- Myers, T., Geissler, D., Ellis, B., Cordes, J.A. and Vega, J., 2007, "Statistical Comparison Between Component Level and System Level Testing for the Excalibur Projectile," 23rd International Symposium on Ballistics Tarragona, Spain 16-20.
- Yang, H. and Min, O., 2007, "Dynamic Behavior of SM45C at High Strain-rate and High Temperature," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 31, No. 11, pp. 1093-1099. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2007.31.11.1093
- Sadeghinia, H., Razfar, M.R. and Takabi, J., 2007, "2D Finite Element Modeling Of Face Milling With Damage Effects," 3rd WSEAS International Conference on Applied and Theoretical Mechanics, Spain, December 14-16.
- Kim, K.-W., Jeong, H.-S. and Beom, H.-G., 2003, "Transient Dynamic Analysis of a Patterned Tire Rolling over a Cleat with an Explicit Finite Element Program," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng., Vol. 11, No. 6, pp. 164-170.
- Park, K.J., 2010, "The Utilization of CAE for developing the Projectile," Journal of the KSME, Vol. 50, No.4, pp. 33-35.
- Kim, B.S., 2010, "Precision Guided Munition Development and Technology," Journal of the KSME, Vol. 50, No.4 pp. 36-41.
- Abaqus User's Manual