- Volume 39 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Dynamic Tumble Stability Analysis of Seabed Walking Robot in Forward Incident Currents
전방 입사조류에 대한 해저보행로봇의 동적 전복안정성 해석
- Jun, Bong-Huan (Marine Robotics Lab, Ocean System Engineering Research Division, Korea Research Institute of Ships & Ocean Engine) ;
- Shim, Hyungwon (Marine Robotics Lab, Ocean System Engineering Research Division, Korea Research Institute of Ships & Ocean Engine) ;
- Yoo, Seongyeol (Marine Robotics Lab, Ocean System Engineering Research Division, Korea Research Institute of Ships & Ocean Engine)
- 전봉환 (선박해양플랜트연구소 해양시스템연구부 수중로봇연구실) ;
- 심형원 (선박해양플랜트연구소 해양시스템연구부 수중로봇연구실) ;
- 유승열 (선박해양플랜트연구소 해양시스템연구부 수중로봇연구실)
- Received : 2014.08.12
- Accepted : 2015.06.17
- Published : 2015.08.01
In this paper, we describe the dynamic tumble-stability analysis of a seabed-walking robot named Crabster (CR200) in forward-incident currents. CR200 is designed to be operated in tidal-current conditions, and its body shape is also designed to minimize hydrodynamic resistances considering hydrodynamics. To analyze its tumble stability, we adopt the dynamic stability margin of a ground-legged robot and modify the definition of the margin to consider tidal-current effects. To analyze its dynamic tumble stability, we use the estimated hydrodynamic forces that act on the robot in various tidal-current conditions, and analyze the dynamic tumble-stability margin of the robot using the estimated results obtained for the various tidal-current conditions. From the analyses, we confirm the improved tumble stability of the robot according to the movement of the tumble axis caused by the supporting points of the legs.
Crabster;Hydrodynamic Force;Stability Analysis;Tidal Current Environment;Seabed Walking Robot
Grant : 다관절 복합이동 해저로봇 개발
Supported by : 해양수산부
- Jun, B. H., Shim, H. W., Kim, B. H., Park, J. Y., Baek, H., Yoo, S. Y. and Lee, P. M., 2013, "Development of Seabed Walking Robot CR200," MTS/IEEE Oceans 2013 Bergen, pp.1-5.
- Shim, H. W., Jun, B. H. and Lee, P. M., 2013, "Mobility and Agility Analysis of a Multi-legged Subsea Robot System," Ocean Engineering, Vol. 61, pp.88-96. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceaneng.2013.01.001
- Kang, H. G., Shim, H. W., Jun, B. H. and Lee, P. M., 2013, "Development of a Specialized Underwater Leg Convertible to a Manipulator for the Seabed Walking Robot CR200," Journal of Institute of Contr. Rob. And Sys., Vol. 19, No. 8, pp.709-717. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2013.13.9018
- Jun, B. H., Shim, H. W., Park, J.Y., Kim, B. H. and Lee, P. M., 2011, "A New Concept and Technologies of Multi-Legged Underwater Robot for High Tidal Current," Proc. of Underwater Technology, 2011 IEEE Symposium on and 2011 Workshop on Scientific Use of Submarine Cables and Related Technologies.
- McGhee, R. B. and Frank, A. A., 1968, "On the Stability Properties of Quadruped Creeping Gaits," Mathematical Bioscience, Vol. 3, pp. 331-351. https://doi.org/10.1016/0025-5564(68)90090-4
- McGhee, R. B. and Iswandhi, G. I., 1979, "Adaptive Locomotion for a Multilegged Robot over Rough Terrain," IEEE Trans. On Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, SMC-9, No. 4, pp.176-182.
- Zhang, C. and Song, S., 1989, "Gaits and Geometry of a Walking Chair for the Dsabled," Journal of Terramechanics, Vol. 26, pp.211-233. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-4898(89)90037-2
- Zhang, C. and Song, S., 1990, "Stability Analysis of Wave-crab Gaits of a Quadruped," Journal of Robotic Systems, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp.243-276. https://doi.org/10.1002/rob.4620070208
- Mahalingham, S., Whittaker, W., and Githersburg, M., 1989, "Terrain Adaptive Gaits for Walkers with Completely Overlapping Work Spaces," In Robots 13, pp.1-14.
- Messuri, D., 1985, "Optimization of the locomotion of a legged vehicle with respect to maneuverability," Ph.D. thesis, The Ohio State University.
- Nagy, P., 1991, "An Investigation of Walker/Terrain Interaction," Ph.D. thesis, Carnegie Mellon University.
- Hirose, S., Tsukagoshi, H., and Yoneda, K., 1998, "Normalized Energy Stability Margin: Generalized Stability Criterion for Walking Vehicles," Proc. of the Int. Conf. on Climbing and Walking Robots, pp. 71-76.
- Lin, B. and Song, S., 1993, "Dynamic Modeling, Stability and Energy Efficiency of a Quadrupedal Walking Machine," Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 367-373.
- Garcia, E. and Gonzalez de Santos, P., 2005, "An Improved Energy Stability Margin for Walking Machines Subject to Dynamic Effects," Robotica, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp.13-20. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0263574704000487
- Yoo, S. Y., Jun, B. H., Shim, H. W. and Lee, P. M., 2014, "Finite Element Analysis of CFRP Frame under Launch and Recovery Conditions for Subsea Walking Robot, Crabster," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 38, No. 4, pp. 419-425. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2014.38.4.419
- Yoo, S., Jun, B., Shim, H. and Lee, P., 2013, "Finite Element Analysis of Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic Frame for Multi-legged Subsea Robot," Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, Vol. 27, No. 6, pp. 65-72. https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2013.27.6.065
- Jun, B. H., Shim, H. W., Park, Y. S. and Kim, W. J., 2012, "Design of Underwater Walking Robot CR200 and Stability Analysis in Tidal Current," Proc. of Conf. on Korean Society of Ocean Enginners, pp.1730-1734.
- Park, Y. S., Kim, W. J. and Jun, B. H., 2012, "Flow Analysis Around Multi-legged Underwater Robot "Crabster" to Evaluate Current Loads," Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, Vol. 26, No. 5, pp. 47-54.
- Gonzalez de Santos, P., Garcia, E. and Estremera, J., 2006, "Quadrupedal Locomotion : An Introduction to the Control of Four-legged Robots," Springer-Verlag London.
- Jun, B. H., et. al., 2012, "Development of Multilegged Walking and Flying Subsea Robot," R&D Report, MLTMA, KIMST.