- Volume 39 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Durability Assessment of Polyoxymethylen Using Ultrasonic Fatigue Testing
초음파 피로시험법을 이용한 엔지니어링 플라스틱 (Polyoxymethylen ; POM)의 내구성 평가
- Cho, In Sik (Mbrosia Co., Ltd.) ;
- Hwang, Jung Ho (Mbrosia Co., Ltd.) ;
- Oh, Joo Yeon (Mbrosia Co., Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Hyun Chang (Dept. of Hybrid Engineering, SunMoon Univ.) ;
- Oh, Sae Hoon (Dept. of Hybrid Engineering, SunMoon Univ.) ;
- Lee, Chang Soon (Dept. of Hybrid Engineering, SunMoon Univ.) ;
- Park, In Gyu (Dept. of Hybrid Engineering, SunMoon Univ.)
- 조인식 ((주)엠브로지아) ;
- 황정호 ((주)엠브로지아) ;
- 오주연 ((주)엠브로지아) ;
- 김현창 (선문대학교 하이브리드공학과) ;
- 오세훈 (선문대학교 하이브리드공학과) ;
- 이창순 (선문대학교 하이브리드공학과) ;
- 박인규 (선문대학교 하이브리드공학과)
- Received : 2014.03.12
- Accepted : 2015.04.24
- Published : 2015.08.01
In this study, a newly developed ultrasonic fatigue test was performed for durability assessment of polyoxymethylene engineering plastic, which has a high crystallization rate and degree of crystallization. Fatigue strength of POM (polyoxymethylene) was performed on a piezoelectric UFT developed by Mbrosia Co., Ltd(1), operating at a high frequency of 20 kHz. The test results showed a fatigue limit of 5.0~6.0 MPa under fatigue testing at R = -1, 20kHz; and, electron microscopy revealed the size effect by risk volume and fractured dimple structure after the coalescence of micro-voids through the crazing effect, which occurs during the failure of a polymer.
Ultrasonic Fatigue Test;Engineering Plastic;Polyoxymethylen;Dynamic Young's Modulus
- Koo, J. S. and Jeon, T. R., 2012 "Mean Stress Correction in Stress-life Diagram of PP-LFT" Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, 12MF035, pp. 89-90.
- Jeon, T. R., Koo, J. S. and Kim, B. W., 2009 "Study on the Derivation of Fatigue Properties of Engineering Plastics for Fatigue Analysis" KSAE, Annual Conference, pp. 2628-2632.
- Cho, I. S., Shin, C. S., Kim, J. Y. and Jeon, Y. H., 2012, "Accelerated Ultrasonic Fatigue Testing Applications and Research Trends" Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 36, No. 6, pp. 707-712. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2012.36.6.707
- ASM "Ultrasonic Fatigue Testing" Volume 8., p. 718
- Bathias, C., 2006, "Piezoelectric Fatigue Testing Machines and Devices" International Journal of Fatigue 28., pp. 1438-1445. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijfatigue.2005.09.020
- Furuya, Y., 2008, "Specimen Size Effects on Gigacycle Fatigue Properties of High-strength Steel Under Ultrasonic Fatigue Testing" Scripta Materialia 58., pp. 1014-1017. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scriptamat.2008.01.039
- Bathias, C., Drouillac, L. and Le Francois, P., 2001, "How and Why the Fatigue S-N Curve does not Approach a Horizontal Asymptote" International Journal of Fatigue 23., pp. 143-151. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0142-1123(01)00123-2
- Callister, W. D., 2006, "Materials Science and Engineering an Introduction" 7th Edition, pp. 623-627.