- Volume 39 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Study on The Change of Insert Clamping Force Influence According to the Surface Treatment of Armor Aluminum Alloy Plate
장갑판재의 표면처리에 따른 인서트 체결력 변화 연구
- Hwang, Bu Il (Defense Agency for Technology and Quality) ;
- Yang, Sang Hun (Defense Research & Design Center, Doosan DST) ;
- Kim, Chi Hwan (Defense Research & Design Center, Doosan DST)
- Received : 2014.08.01
- Accepted : 2015.05.04
- Published : 2015.08.01
In some cases which are unable to replace the inserts when the depot maintenance or performance improvement of armored vehicles are carried out could have a risk of declining clamping forces by re-processing chromate. The change in the clamping forces of inserts has been investigated by applying a chromate process to hold the insert on the aluminum plate of the armored vehicle in this paper. In order to identify the effect of types and surface treatment, the breaking strength has been measured by the equivalent test item to the actual conditions. These tests would contribute the establishment of the armored vehicle production process.
- Namgung, H., 2006, "A Study on Environmental- Friendly Chromate Treatment for Zn Electroplating," Master's Thesis, Inha University, pp. 1-7.
- Zhao, J., Xia, L., Sehgal, A., Lu, D., McCreery, R. L. and Frankel, G. S., 2001, "Effects of Chromate and Chromate Conversion Coatings on Corrosion of Aluminum Alloy 2024-T3," Surface and Coating Technology, Vol.140, pp. 51-57 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0257-8972(01)01003-9
- Maeda, S. and Yamamoto, M., 1998, "The Role of Chromate Treatment after Phosphating in Paint Adhesion," Progress in Organic Coatings, Vol.33, pp. 83-89 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0300-9440(98)00014-9
- Kim, S. W. and Lee, C. T., 2006, "Environment- Friendly Trivalent Chromate Treatment for Zn Electroplating," J. Korean Ind. Eng. Chem, Vol.17, pp. 433-442
- Korean Industrial Standards, 1988, "Aerospace Process-Chemical Conversion Coating for Aluminium Alloys-General Purpose, KS W 1120"
- Military Standards, 2006, "Chemical Conversion Coatings on Aluminum and Aluminum Alloys, MILDTL- 5541"
- Military Standards, 2006, "Chemical Conversion Materials for Coating Aluminum and Aluminum Alloys, MIL-DTL-81706"
- Military Standards, 1998, "Screw, Cap, Hexagon Head (Finisfed Hexagon Bolt), Steel, Grade 5, Cadmium Plated, UNF-2A, MS90726"
- Korean Industrial Standards, 1962, "Aluminum and Alunimum Alloy Sheets and Piates, Strips And Coined Sheets, KS D 6701"
- Military Standards, 2007, "Armor Plate, Aluminum Alloy, Weldable 5083, 5456, and 5059, MIL-DTL- 46027K."