- Volume 39 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Datum Unit for Diagnostics of Journal-Bearing Systems
저널베어링의 이상상태 진단을 위한 데이텀 효용성 평가
- Jeon, Byungchul (Dept. of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Seoul Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Jung, Joonha (Dept. of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Seoul Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Youn, Byeng D. (Dept. of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Seoul Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kim, Yeon-Whan (Power Generation Laboratory, KEPCO Research Institute) ;
- Bae, Yong-Chae (Power Generation Laboratory, KEPCO Research Institute)
- 전병철 (서울대학교 기계항공공학부) ;
- 정준하 (서울대학교 기계항공공학부) ;
- 윤병동 (서울대학교 기계항공공학부) ;
- 김연환 (한국전력 전력연구원 발전연구소) ;
- 배용채 (한국전력 전력연구원 발전연구소)
- Received : 2014.11.24
- Accepted : 2015.06.25
- Published : 2015.08.01
Journal bearings support rotors using fluid film between the rotor and the stator. Generally, journal bearings are used in large rotor systems such as turbines in a power plant, because even in high-speed and load conditions, journal bearing systems run in a stable condition. To enhance the reliability of journal-bearing systems, in this paper, we study health-diagnosis algorithms that are based on the supervised learning method. Specifically, this paper focused on defining the unit of features, while other previous papers have focused on defining various features of vibration signals. We evaluate the features of various lengths or units on the separable ability basis. From our results, we find that one cycle datum in the time-domain and 60 cycle datum in the frequency domain are the optimal datum units for real-time journal-bearing diagnosis systems.
Journal Bearing;Datum Unit;Feature;Diagnosis
Supported by : 한국연구재단, 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP)
- Yu, Y., Yu, D. and Junsheng, C., 2006, "A Roller Bearing Fault Diagnosis Method Based on EMD Energy Entropy and ANN," Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 294, No. 1-2, pp. 269-277. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2005.11.002
- Ocak, H. and Loparo, K. A., 2001, "A New Bearing Fault Detection and Diagnosis Scheme Based on Hidden Markov Modeling of Vibration Signals," IEEE International Conference Proceedings on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing, Vol. 5, pp. 3141-3144.
- Li, B., Mo-Yuen, C., Tipsuwan, Y. and Hung, J. C., 2000, "Neural-Network-Based Motor Rolling Bearing Fault Diagnosis," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 47, No. 5, pp. 1060-1069. https://doi.org/10.1109/41.873214
- Yang, B. S. and Kim, K. J., 2006, "Application of Dempster-Shafer Theory in Fault Diagnosis of Induction Motors Using Vibration and Current Signals," Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 403-420. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ymssp.2004.10.010
- Kowalski, C. T. and Orlowska-Kowalska, T., 2003, "Neural Networks Application for Induction Motor Faults Diagnosis," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation, Vol. 63, Issues 3-5, pp. 435-448. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-4754(03)00087-9
- Zeidan, F. Y. and Herbage, B. S., 1991, "Fluid Film Bearing Fundamentals and Failure Analysis," Proceedings of the Twentieth Turbomachinery Symposium, pp. 161-186.
- He, M., Cloud, C. H. and Byrne, J. M., 2005, "Fundamentals of Fluid Film Journal Bearing Operation and Modeling," Proceedings of the Thirty-Fourth Turbomachinery Symposium, pp. 155-175.
- Widodo, A. and Yang, B. S., 2007, "Support Vector Machine in Machine Condition Monitoring and Fault Diagnosis," Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, Vol. 21, No. 6, pp. 2560-2574. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ymssp.2006.12.007
- Kankar, P. K., Sharma, S. C. and Harsha, S. P., 2011, "Fault Diagnosis of Ball Bearings Using Machine Learning Methods," Expert Systems with Applications, Vol. 38, No. 3, pp. 1876-1886. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2010.07.119
- Chiang, L. H., Kotanchek, M. E. and Kordon, A. K., 2004, "Fault Diagnosis Based on Fisher Discriminant Analysis and Support Vector Machines," Computers & Chemical Engineering, Vol. 28, No. 8, pp. 1389-1401. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compchemeng.2003.10.002
- Sreejith, B., Verma, A. K. and Srividya, A., 2008, "Fault Diagnosis of Rolling Element Bearing Using Time-domain Features and Neural Networks," IEEE Region 10 and the Third International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems, pp. 1-6.
- Theodoridis, S. and Koutroumbas, K., 2008, Pattern Recognition, Academic Press, Burlington, pp. 261- 310.
- Friswell, M. I., Penny, J. E. T., Garvey, S. D. and Lees, A. W., 2010, Dynamics of Rotating Machines, Cambridge, New York, pp. 60-64.