- Volume 39 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Structural Optimization Using Equivalent Static Loads and Substructure Synthesis Method
등가정하중법과 부분구조합성법을 이용한 구조최적설계
- Choi, Wook Han (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang Univ.) ;
- Na, Yoo Sang (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang Univ.) ;
- Park, Gyung-Jin (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Hanyang Univ.)
- Received : 2015.04.17
- Accepted : 2015.06.17
- Published : 2015.08.01
Structural optimization pursues improved performance of structures. Nowadays, structural optimization is applied to the design of huge and complex structures such as an airplane. As the number of the finite elements is increased, the analysis solution becomes more accurate. However, the design cost using the finite element model is significantly increased. The component mode synthesis method that is using the substructure synthesis method is frequently employed in order to keep the accuracy and reduce the cost. A new design method for structural optimization is proposed to reduce the design cost and to consider the dynamic effect of the structure. The proposed method reduces the design cost by applying the equivalent static loads on the design domain. An example of linear dynamic response optimization is solved and the efficiency of the proposed method is demonstrated.
Structural Optimization;Equivalent Static Loads;Substructure Synthesis Method
Supported by : 연구개발성과지원센터
- Hong, B. S., Kim, B. S. and Yoo, H. H., 2010, "Analysis of Vibration Characteristics of a Full Vehicle Model Using Substructure Synthesis Method," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 34, No. 5, pp. 519-525. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2010.34.5.519
- Hurty, W. C., 1960, "Vibrations of Structural Systems by Component-Mode Synthesis," Journal of the Engineering Mechanics Division, ASCE, Vol. 86, pp. 51-69.
- Hale, A. L., 1980, "A General Substructure Synthesis Method for the Dynamic Simulation of Complex Structures," Journal of Sound and Vibration, ASCE, Vol. 69, No. 2, pp. 309-326. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-460X(80)90615-X
- Haftka, R. T. and Gurdal, Z., 1991, Element of Structural Optimization, Kluwer Academic Publishers, The Netherlands.
- Truman, K. Z. and Petruska, D. J., 1991, "Optimum Design of Dynamically Excited Structural Systems Using Time History Analysis," OPT191-International Conference for Computer Aided Optimum Design of Structures, Boston, MA, June 25-27.
- Azhar, H. Jawed and Morris, A. J., 1984, "Higherorder Updates for Dynamic Responses in Structural Optimization," Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, Vol. 49, No. 2, pp. 175-201.
- Hsieh, C. C. and Arora, K. S., 1985, "Design Sensitivity Analysis and Optimization of Dynamic Response," Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, Vol. 43, No. 2, pp. 195-219.
- Park, G. J., 2007, Analytic Methods for Design Practice, Springer-Verlag, Germany.
- Choi, W. S. and Park, G. J., 2002, "Structural Optimization Using Equivalent Static Loads at All the Time Intervals," Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, Vol. 191, No. 19, pp. 2077-2094.
- Choi, W. S. and Park, G. J., 1999, "Transformation of Dynamic Loads into Equivalent Static Loads Based on Model Analysis," International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, Vol. 46, No. 1, pp. 29-43. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-0207(19990910)46:1<29::AID-NME661>3.0.CO;2-D
- Kang, B. S., Choi, W. S. and Park, G. J., 2001, "Structural Optimization Under Equivalent Static Loads Transformed from Dynamic Loads Based on Displacement," Computer & Structures, Vol. 79, No. 2, pp. 145-154. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0045-7949(00)00127-9
- Kang, B. S., Park, G. J. and Arora, J. S., 2005, "Optimization of Flexible Multibody Dynamic Systems Using the Equivalent Static Loads Method," AIAA Journal, Vol. 43, No. 4, pp. 846-854. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.4294
- Kim, Y. I. and Park, G. J., 2010, "Nonlinear Dynamic Response Structural Optimization Using Equivalent Static Loads," Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, Vol. 199, Issues 9-12, pp. 660-676. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cma.2009.10.014
- Qiu, J. B., Ying, Z. G. and Williams F. W., 1997, "Exact Model Synthesis Techniques using Residual Constraint Modes," International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, Vol. 40, pp. 2475-2492. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-0207(19970715)40:13<2475::AID-NME176>3.0.CO;2-L
- Craig, R. R. and Bampton, M. C., "Coupling of Substructures for Dynamic Analysis," AIAA Journal, 6, 1968, 1313-1319. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.4741
- Bennighof, J. K., Kaplan, M. F., Kim, C. W. and Muller, M. B., 2001, "Implementing Automated Multi- Level Substructuring in Nastran Vibroacoustic Analysis," Proc. of SAE Noise and Vibration Conference, SAE paper, 2001-01-1405.
- MSC.NASTRAN 2013.1 User's Manual, MSC.Software, USA.
- MSC.NASTRAN 2013.1 DMAP User's Manual, MSC.Software, USA.
- LS-DYNA V971 User's Manual, Livemore Software Technology Co, USA.