- Volume 31 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Experimental Research on the Temperature and Humidity Control Performance of Cellulose
셀룰로오스 단열재의 온도 및 습도 조절성능 실험연구
- Park, Kyoung-Su ;
- Yeom, Dongwoo ;
- Lee, Kyu-In
- 박경수 ;
- 염동우 ;
- Received : 2014.10.02
- Accepted : 2015.07.14
- Published : 2015.07.30
The purpose of this study is to verify the effect of cellulose insulation on the indoor temperature and humidity. To do so, two full scale mock-ups were constructed which insulated with cellulose and mineral wool, and monitoring data from winter to spring were compared and analyzed. The results showed that temperature variation of both mock-ups appeared stable compared to the outside, and cellulose showed relatively high temperature compared to the mineral wool mock-up due to the good heat storage capacity. In addition, both mock-ups showed stable humidity variation compared to the outdoor, however, humidity of cellulose mock-up stayed in the comfort zone while mineral wool showed higher humidity than comfort level. Therefore, it was proved that cellulose was effective for controlling indoor humidity environment.
Cellulose;Mineral Wool;Natural Insulation;Monitoring Experiment;Performance Verification
- Day, M., & Suprunchuk, T., & Wiles, D. (1981). The Fire Properties of Cellulose Insulation, Journal of Building Physics, 4(3), pp. 157-170. https://doi.org/10.1177/109719638100400301
- Im, M. (2014). Building Environment, Bomundang.
- Jo, S. (2010). Domestic Buildings Greenhouse gas Emission Trends and related Policies, Architecture & Urban Research Institute.
- Kim, H., & Kang, Y. (1994). Studies of the Smoke Emission from Cellulose Fiber Insulation, Journal of Korea n Society of Safety, 9(2), pp. 12-17.
- Kim, H., & Kim, K. (1992). Smouldering Combustion of Cellulose Insulation and Its Transition to Flaming Combustion, Journal of Korean Society of Safety, 7(3), pp. 14-21.
- Kim, J., & Kim, J. (2003). A Study on the Development of Cellulose Fibre Insulation Board Produced from Recycled Paper, Architectural Institute of Korea, Conference Proceedings, 23(2), pp. 821-824.
- Kim, J., & Kim, J. (2004). A Study on the Development of Board-Type Cellulose Fiber Building Insulation and Its Environmentally-Friendliness, Architectural Institute of Korea, Planning and Design Section, 20(7), pp. 240-247.
- Ku, J., & Kim, G., & Kim, S., & Kim, J., & Lee, H. (2006). Architectural Environmental Planning, Taerim Munwhasa.
- Lee, K., & Lee, E., & Park, K. (2014), The research on humidity control characteristics of the cellulose insulation, Architectural Institute of Korea, Spring Conference Proceedings, 24(1), pp. 161-162.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (2015). 2014-916, Construction Standards and Performance of Eco-friendly homes.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (2015). 2014-957, Energy Saving Building Design Standard.
- Park, K. (2015). An Evaluative Study on the Temperature and Humidity Control Performance of Cellulose, Thesis, Ajou University, 88.
- Yu, H., & Kwon, Y., & Lee, E. (2001). A study on the use cellulose insulation produced from recycles paper, Architectural Institute of Korea, Conference Proceedings, 21(1), pp. 589-592.