- Volume 31 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Problems Extraction of Dong-Daegu Intermodal Transfer Center Development Plan
동대구역 복합환승센터 개발계획안의 문제점 도출에 관한 연구
- Kim, Jin-Ah ;
- Park, Yong-Seo
- 김진아 ;
- Received : 2014.11.06
- Accepted : 2015.07.01
- Published : 2015.07.30
The development of Intermodal Transfer Center(ITC) is aimed at reinforcing connected transfer systems and promoting local development through high-density intermodal development and building the green traffic system. Although Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport selected 8 demonstration project places for ITC in 2010. The only project being conducted among them is Dong-Daegu ITC and the others has been delayed or suspended, which means that there are problems in carrying out of each project. The paper sets the criteria of analysis through reviewing the ITC development guidelines and then compares with Dong-Daegu ITC development plan. Discussions include the problems of 1) Architectural Design, 2) Urban planning, 3) Institution, and 4) Business with its plan. As a result, in architectural design, Dong-Daegu ITC has revealed the problems of excessive functions and commercial facilities in the building and the lack of perceptibility of the transfer system. In urban planning, it has failed to give the priority on transfer system with the absence of master plan for an integrated railway station area development. In institutions, it's plan has been delayed the progression of the project owing to lacks of cooperation systems among related organizations and legal supports. In business, changing the designated direction of Dong-Daegu ITC from as a national one to a regional has caused the decrease of publicity and the restriction of its national functions.
Intermodal Transfer Center;Dong-Daegu Intermodal Transfer Center;development of railway station areas;TOD(Transit-Oriented Development);urban project
- Intelligent Transport Society of Korea. (2010). ITS Glossary.
- Jeong, E. (2012). Intermodal Transfer Center Forum The first annual policy seminar presentation reference material.
- Kim, J. (2014). Innovative new KTX station, it should be established as a Intermodal Transfer Center. The Jeonbuk Ilbo, 2014 from http://www.jjan.kr
- Kim, S. (2015). Difficulty of Dong-Daegu ITC construction depend on non-cooperation of government. The Daegu Ilbo, 2015 from http://www.idaegu.com
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport. (2010). The first Intermodal Transfer Center master plan.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport. (2010). Intermodal Transfer Center design and layout standards.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport. (2011). Intermodal Transfer Center development plan guidelines.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport. (Revised in 2014). National Transport System Efficiency Act Article 2.
- Seo, M, & Kim, Y. (2014). The activation strategy for railway station area regeneration through the building and infrastructure maintenance, Krihs Policy Brief 483.
Supported by : 한국연구재단