- Volume 31 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study on Environment-friendliness in Tokyo Regional Hospitals - Focused on Indoor and Healing Environment -
일본 도쿄 지역병원의 친환경성 분석 연구 - 실내환경 및 치유환경을 중심으로 -
- Lim, Yeonghwan ;
- Park, Suhyeon
- 임영환 ;
- Received : 2015.04.30
- Accepted : 2015.07.10
- Published : 2015.07.30
As the concerns for the environment are gradually prioritized, increasing interests of environment-friendly buildings are drawn. Numerous researches about healthcare buildings have been performed however, they were mainly focused on convenience or healing condition for medical treatments. The hospitals consume energy and generate CO2 as twice as the residential or commercial buildings do. Various green building certification systems are globally arranged. But, it isn't easy to find certification criteria for the green hospital besides the US and UK's ones which are specially designed to evaluate environment-friendly medical buildings(Lim & Yoo, 2010). In this study, we investigates current conditions of Tokyo Regional hospitals in environment-friendly standpoint and also investigates the foreign certification criteria and systems for the green healthcare building and finds the possibility to apply them to Korean Green Building Certification. Flexibility of architectural design compatible to renovation and expansion of the hospital, barrier-free design, and hospital design related to the healing environment should be mostly considered to the Korean Green Building Certification for healthcare facilities. It is because the goal of environment-friendly hospital is depended upon of quality of healing-friendly environment. Based on this analysis, Korean Green Building Certification for healthcare facilities will be developed in near future.
Green Building Design;Japanese Regional Hospital;G-SEED;LEED;BREEAM;Healing Environment
- Choi, H. (2012). Public hospital evaluation programme survey report. Ministry of Health & Welfare, 38-40.
- Dang, J., Choy, Y. & Kim, Y. (2013). A study of Mission statements for strategic management-Focusing on the tertiary care hospitals in korea and special functioning hospitals in Japan-. Korean Journal of Hospital Management, 18(1), 70-87.
- Gu, S. (2012). Green Building Certification System BREEAM of BRE, Journal of th KGBC, 13(02), 65-66.
- Kim, H. & Kim, K. (2013). A Study on the Direction of Revision for Green Building Certification Criteria on Office Building. Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Planning & Design, Planning and Design Section, 29(10), 13-22.
- Kim, S. & Yang, N. (2012). A Study on the Spacial Change of Remodeling Hospitals with Analysis of Units' Function. Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Planning & Design, 28(06), 105-112.
- Kim, I. (2014). Architectural Design Practice:Hospitals and environment plan. 1st ed., Architectural Institute of Japan, The Ito Design, 150-155.
- Lim, Y. & Yoo, Y. (2010). Study on Green Building Certification Criteria for Healthcare Facilities. Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Planning & Design, Planning and Design Section, 26(08), 153-162.
- Lim, Y. & Kim, Y. (2014). A Study on Environment-friendliness in Chungnam Regional Public Hospitals_Focused on Indoor and Healing Environment. Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Planning & Design, Planning and Design Section, 30(4), 77-84.
- Son, J. & Yang, N. (2012). Study on characteristics of considering healing environmental concept in domestic healthcare architectures schematic design. Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Planning & Design, Planning and Design Section, 28(07), 125-132.
- Lee, H., Kim, S. & Yang, N. (2005). A Comparative Study on the Patient Behavior of Corridor Space on the Ward in General Hospital in Korea. Journal of the Korea Institute of Healthcare Architecture, 11(3), 31-40.
- Lee, S., Cho, D., Park, C, & Lee, S. (2013). A Study on Score Calculation Method for Certification Grade of G-SEED(Korea) & World Green Building Rating Systems. Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Planning & Design, Planning and Design Section, 29(11), 283-290.
- Lim, T. (2007). A Basic Study of the Development of Indoor Environment Assessment Items forEco-Friendly Indoor Environment of Hospital. Korean Institute of Interior Design Journal, 16(04), 47-53.
- BRE Environmental Assessment Method. (2014). Retrieved April 6, 2014, from www.breeam.org
- BREEAM International New Construction Technical Manul, (2013). BRE Global Ltd.
- CASBEE for Building Assement Method. (2014). Retrieved April 8, from http://www.ibec.or.jp/CASBEE/english/
- G-SEED Certification System. (2013). Retrieved April 10, 2014, from www.greenbuilding.re.kr
- LEED v3, (2009). Retrieved 2009, from www.usgbc.org
- Leed_projects(HC). (2014). Retrieved April 6, 2014, from www.usgbc.org
- Medical facility survey and hospital reporting. (2013). The Japanese Ministry of Health. 1-12.
- Makoto HISHIDA, (2011). Journal of the KGBC, 12(2), 32-35.
Supported by : 한국연구재단