- Volume 31 Issue 7
The aim of the green parking project is to resolve the parking problem in the residential areas by preventing the deterioration of residential conditions from illegally parked vehicles in the street. The project is based on the residents' participation and cooperation in creating private parking spaces and green space by breaking down the property walls. However, the performance rate in the provincial areas is low. The purpose of this study is to investigate the positive expectations and aspects of concern about the green parking project. The objects of the study were 129 residents in Ulsan who had no previous experience of the project. For analysis, the frequency and means were calculated, and factor analysis and analysis of variance were performed. The results showed, first, that the residents tend to prefer the open wall type. So it will be necessary to improve awareness of the green parking project by mentioning the many environmental and social merits of removing the walls. Second, the subjects are concerned about residential safety ; they have especially high anxiety about privacy and home security. So it will also be necessary to take security measures such as CCTVs in the street and providing a pedestrian-friendly environment. Third, people expect environmental changes, but they feel the burden of maintenance costs of the parking space and open yard. They also worry about noise and dust. However, according to previous research, people participating in the green parking project did not experience such problems, so the local government needs to examine ways to prevent citizens' negative prejudices against the green parking project.
City Parking Policy;Green Parking Project;Extension of Involvement
- Choi, J. (2005). A Study on Affecting Factors of the Opening of Fence Movement, Journal of Urban Design Institute of Korea 40(7), 25-41.
- Joo, K. (2005). The Research Regarding Residential Areas in the city of Seoul Parking Policy Plan which it follows in Residential Areas Wall it pulls down, Thesis, University of Seoul.
- Hwang, H., Jung, E., & Cha, J. (2013). System Analysis and Improvement Plan for Activation of Breaking Down the Fence Movent, Paper session presented at Proceedings of Spring Annual Conference of KHA, 2013 25(1), 207-212.
- Na, E. (2013). A Study on the Characteristics of Residential Parking Projects in Seoul, Thesis, University of Seoul.
- Na. K. (2009). A Study on the Attitude Suvey for Hanges in Residential Environment after the Wall Removal. Thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Noh, Y. (2007). A study on the post evaluation of the residents in the walless housing : focused on Sungdong-gu, Gwanak-gu, Guro-gu in Seoul. Thesis, Hanyang University, Seoul.
- Shin. J., & Shin, Y. (2011). A Study on Improving Green Parking for Environmental Improvement in Low-rise Residences. Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea 27(5), 175-186.
- Kim. H. (1999), Expand of Parking culture Pilot districts. The Hankyoreh, 1999.07.31. 20p.
Supported by : 한국연구재단