- Volume 31 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Development of Junction-Travel Time Prediction Model through the Way-finding Characteristics Analysis
경로선택특성 분석을 통한 교차경로 통과시간 예측 모형 개발
- Bae, Young-Hoon ;
- Lee, Soo-Ho ;
- Choi, Jun-Ho ;
- Hong, Won-Hwa
- 배영훈 ;
- 이수호 ;
- 최준호 ;
- Received : 2015.04.02
- Accepted : 2015.07.13
- Published : 2015.07.30
Recently, the buildings are the trend of enlargement and manhattanization. Particularly in case of multi-use facilities, it has the majority of maze structure and utilized for unspecified individuals who understand the space a little as their stakes are high to expose in fire and disaster. To prevent the fire and disaster, Republic of Korea implements Performance Based Design (PBD) but the simulation tool for required safe egress time analysis of PBD doesn't consider the way-finding characteristic though the junction routing selection or decision making time of occupants. Therefore, this paper organizes a mock-up set and analyzes human behavior characteristics of pedestrian targeting 70 people. The test was compartmentalized normal & smoke-filled condition and inquired into the behavior characteristics such as evacuation time, travel distance, walking speed though the experiment. Additionally, decision making time and characteristics of choosing the egress route in the junction were analyzed. Finally, based on the mock-up test results, suggest the junction-travel time prediction considering junction routing selection and decision making time of the pedestrian. Through this paper, the required safe egress time can be analyzed reflecting the decision making of pedestrian.
Junction;Decision-Making Time;Route Selection Characteristic;Visible Obstacle
- Bae, Y. (2014). Analysis on Walking Speed of Crowd According to Smoke in Underground Evacuation Situation. Architectural Institute of Korea, 34(1), 215-216.
- John L, B. (1977). Smoke as a determinant of human behavior in fire situations (Project People), Fire Protection Curriculum, College of Engineering, University of Maryland.
- Jeon, G. (2005). An Analysis of Evacuation System Development for Underground Space with Consideration to Behaviors and Cognitive Characteristics of Humans Under Emergency Situation, Thesis, Kyungpook National University.
- Jeon, E. (2011). Analysis on Characteristics of Human Behavior and Cognitive Effects according to Types of Egress Route Instruction in a Large-scale Mazy Facility. Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea, Planning & Design, 27(10), 51-58.
- Kobes, M. (2010). Way finding during fire evacuation; an analysis of unannounced fire drills in a hotel at night. Building and Environment, 45(3).
- Lee, S. (1998). 新版建築防火.
- Mann, H. (1947). On a test of whether one of two random variables is stochastically larger than the other. The annals of mathematical statistics, 50-60.
- Park, J. (2014). A Study on the Characteristics of Choosing the Egress Route in a Large-scale Mazy Space. Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea, Structure & Construction, 20(9), 71-78.
- SFPE. (2005). THE SFPE HANDBOOK OF Fire Protection Engineering.
- Tadahisa, J. (1997). Studies on Human Behavior and Tenability in Fire Smoke. Proceedings, 5th International Symposium on Fire Safety Science, 3-21.
- Wood, P. (1972). Fire research note 953. Building Research Establishment, Borehamwood.
- Xie, H. (2012). Experimental analysis of the effectiveness of emergency signage and its implementation in evacuation simulation. Fire and Materials, 36(5-6).
- Xie, H. (2013). Experimental study of the effectiveness of dynamic signage system. Interscience Communications, 967-978.
Supported by : 국민안전처