- Volume 48 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
생굴(Crassostrea gigas)의 저장성 및 관능성에 대한 천연 첨가물의 효과
Jeong, Eun-Tak;Han, Hae-Na;Kim, Yunhye;Lee, Eun-Hye;Kim, Deok-Hoon;Kim, Ji-Hoon;Yeom, Seung-Mok;Kim, Young-Mog
- 투고 : 2015.01.07
- 심사 : 2015.02.11
- 발행 : 2015.04.30
We explored the efficiency of natural antibacterial agents used to enhance the self-life and sensory properties of shucked and packed Pacific oyster Crassostrea gigas, which are in high demanded. First, we screened natural resources exhibiting antibacterial activity against food spoilage and pathogenic bacteria. Of theses, ignited oyster shell powder (IOS) and the natural food preservative, lactic acid bacteria fermented powder (LBF), were selected for further study considering the efficacy, mass production, and cost. The addition of 0.1% IOS (W/V) and 0.5% LBF (W/V) to shucked and packed oyster optimally extended the shelf-life without affecting the sensory evaluation. The results obtained in this study will provide a clue to enhance self-life in raw oyster products.
Natural food additives;Pacific oyster;Self-life;Sensory properties
- Kang BK, Kim K, Kim MJ, Bark SW, Pak WM, Kim BR, Ahn NK, Choi YU, Byun MY and Ahn DH. 2014. Effects of Immersion Liquids Containing Citrus junos and Prunus mume Concentrate and High Hydrostatic Pressure on Shelflife and Quality of Scomber japonicus during Refrigerated Storage. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 43, 1555-1564. http://dx.doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2014.43.10.1555. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2014.43.10.1555
- Kim J. 2013. A study on the optimum capacity and economics of Pacific Oyster farming. J Kor Reg Dev 13, 36-71.
- Kim YM. 2002. Efficacy of aqueous chlorine dioxide in controlling Vibrio parahaemolyticus and improving the quality of oyster. M.S. thesis, Mokpo National University, Mokpo, Korea.
- Kong CS, Ji SG, Choi JD, Kang KG, Roh TH and Oh KS. 2006. Processing an shelf-life stabilities of flavoring substances of the smoke-dried oysters. J Kor Fish Soc 39, 85-93.
- Korea Food Standards Codex. 2015. Retrieved from http://fse.foodnara.go.kr/residue/RS/jsp/menu_02_01_03.jsp?idx=106 on Jan 2015.
- Oshima T, Ushio H and Koizumi C. 1993. High pressure processing of fish and fish products. Trends Food Sci Technol 4, 370-375. https://doi.org/10.1016/0924-2244(93)90019-7
- Park BG. 2013. A study on the importance-satisfaction analysis of consignment sale factor of Fisheries Cooperatives-A case study of the Oyster Hanging Fisheries Cooperatives. M.S. Thesis, Pukyong National University, Busan, Korea.
- Park JS, Park JN, Park JK, Han IJ, Jung PM, Song BS, Choi JI, Kim JH, Han SB, Byun MW and Lee JW. 2008. Microbiological, physicochemical and sensory characteristics of gamma-irradiated fresh oysters during storage. J Radiat Ind 2, 85-91.
- Pottinger SR. 1948. Some data on pH and the freshness of shucked eastern oysters Comm. Fish Rev 10, 1-3.
- Son KT, Lach T, Jung Y, Kang SK, Eom SH, Lee DS, Lee MS and Kim YM. 2014a. Food hazard analysis during driedlaver processing. Fish Aquat Sci 17, 197-201. http://dx.doi.org/10.5657/FAS.2014.0197. https://doi.org/10.5657/FAS.2014.0197
- American Public Health Association. 1984. Laboratory Procedures for the Examination of Sea Water and Shellfish. 5th ed. APHA, Washington DC, USA.
- Hunter AC and Linden BA. 1923. An investigation of oyster spoilage. Am Food J 18, 538-540.
- Son KT, Shim KB, Lim CW, Yoon NA, Seo JH, Jeong SG, Jeong WY and Cho YJ. 2014b. Relationship of pH, glycogen, soluble protein, and turibity between freshness of raw oystrer Crassostrea gigas. Kor J Fish Aquat Sci 47, 495-500. http://dx.doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2014.0495. https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2014.0495
- Song EJ, Kim JY, Lee SY, Kim K, Kim SJ, Yoon SY, Lee SJ, Lee CJ and Ahn DH. 2009. Effect of roasted ground coffee residue extract on shelf-life and quality of salted mackerel. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 38, 780-786. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.6.780
- Steel RGD and Torrie JH. 1980. Principle and procedure of statistics; a biometrical approach (2nd ed.). MacGraw-Hill Book Company, New York, U.S.A.
- Xiao G and Zhang M. 2003. Study of respiration regulation of Pinggu mushroom and strawberry under modified atmosphere packaging. J Wuxi Univ Light Ind 4, 115-123.
- Xiao G, Zhang M, Shan L, You Y and Salokhe VM. 2011. Extension of the shelf-life of fresh oyster mushrooms (Pleurotus ostreatus) by modified atmosphere packaging with chemical treatments. Afr J Biotechnol 10, 9509-9517. https://doi.org/10.5897/AJB08.974
- Effect of Heat Treatment on Biochemical Characteristics of Pacific Oyster Crassostrea gigas vol.48, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2015.0244
연구 과제번호 : 노로바이러스 프리(free) 고부가가치 굴 및 가공품 개발
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 한국해양과학기술진흥원