- Volume 3 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
An Economic Evaluation under Thailand Feed in Tariff of Residential Roof Top Photovoltaic Grid Connected System with Energy Storage for Voltage Stability Improving
- Treephak, Kasem ;
- Saelao, Jerawan ;
- Patcharaprakiti, Nopporn
- Received : 2015.03.05
- Accepted : 2015.05.06
- Published : 2015.06.30
In this paper, Residential roof top photovoltaic system with 9.9 kW design is proposed. The system composed of 200 Watts solar array 33 panels connecting in series 10 strings and parallels 3 strings which have maximum voltage and current are 350 V and 23.8 A. The 10 kW sinusoidal grid-connected inverter with window voltage about 270-350 is selected to convert and transfer DC Power to AC Power at PCC (Point of Common Coupling) of power system following to utility standard. However the impact of fluctuation and uncertainty of weather condition of PV may decrease the voltage stability and voltage collapse of power system. In order to solve this problem the energy storage such 120 V 1200 Ah battery bank and 30 kVAR capacitor are designed for voltage stability control. The other expensed for installing the system such battery charger, cable, accessories and maintenance cost are concerned. The economic analysis by using investment from money loan with interest about 7% and use own money which loss income of deposit about 3% are calculated as 671,844 and 547,044 for PV system with energy storage and non energy storage respectively. The solar energy from PV is about 101,616 Bath per year which evaluated by using the value of
Roof Top Photovoltaic System;Feed in Tariff;Economic Evaluation;Energy Storage
- G. Murali, Dr. A. Manivannan, " Analysis of Power Quality Problems in Solar Power Distribution System," International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA), Vol. 3, Issue 2, pp.799-805, March -April 2013.
- Srisaen, N., Sangswang, A., "Effects of PV grid-connected system location on a distribution system." IEEE Asia Pacific Conference on Circuits and Systems, pp. 852-855, Singapore, 2006.
- Negrao Macedo, W., Zilles, R., "Influence of the power contribution of a grid-connected photovoltaic system and its operational particularities." Energy for Sustainable Development, Vol. 13, pp. 202-211, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.esd.2009.08.001
- F. Giraud and Z.M.Salameh, "Analysis of the effects of a passing cloud on a grid-interactive pbotovoltaic system with battery storage using neural networks," IEEE/PES 1998 Winter Meeting, 1998.
- Le Dinh, K., Waseda Univ., Tokyo, Japan, Hayashi, Y., "Coordinated BESS control for improving voltage stability of a PV-supplied microgrid," Power Engineering Conference (UPEC), 2013 48th International Universities', pp. 1-6, September 2-5, 2013.
- Riffonneau, Y. , Bacha, S. ; Barruel, F. ; Ploix, S., "Optimal Power Flow Management for Grid Connected PV Systems With Batteries," Sustainable Energy, IEEE Transactions on, Vol. 2 , Issue 3 , pp. 309-320, July 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSTE.2011.2114901
- Chandy, K.M., Low, S.H., Ufuk Topcu, Huan Xu, "A simple optimal power flow model with energy storage," Decision and Control (CDC), 2010 49th IEEE Conference on, pp. 1051-1057, December 15-17, 2010.
- Jinquan Zhao, Dept. of Electr. Eng., Tsinghua Univ., Beijing, Boming Zhang, Chang, H.-D., "An Optimal Power Flow Model and Approach with Static Voltage Stability Constraints," Transmission and Distribution Conference and Exhibition: Asia and Pacific, 2005 IEEE/PES, pp. 1-6. 2005.
- Nasim Jabalameli and Mohammad A.S. Masoum, "Battery Storage Unit for Residential Rooftop PV System to Compensate Impacts of Solar Variations," Electrical and Electronics Engineering: An International Journal (ELELIJ), Vol. 2, No. 4, November 2013.
- Pandya, K. S.; Joshi, S. K., "A SURVEY OF OPTIMAL POWER FLOW METHODS," Journal of Theoretical & Applied Information Technology, Vol. 4, Issue 5, pp. 450, 2008.