- Volume 3 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Influence Study of Aluminum Dross on Polypropylene Matrix-Polymer Composite Material Properties
Kongchatree, Khanob;Yaemphuan, Paiboon;Kaewwichit, Jesada;Roybang, Waraporn;Kimapong, Kittipong
- Received : 2015.03.23
- Accepted : 2015.05.21
- Published : 2015.06.30
This paper is aimed to study the influence of aluminium dross from Thai aluminum casting factory on polypropylene matrix-polymer composite material properties. The summarized experimental results are as follows. An increase in the amount of aluminum dross polymer composite material affected to increase hardness, modulus of elasticity and abrasion resistance. However, the increase of the aluminum dross had no effects to change the yield strength and the melting temperature of the polymer composite material. The aluminum dross also affected to form the crystallinity at
aluminium dross;polypropylene;composite;mechanical properties
- Chaowalit Limmaneevichitr, Cleaning of aluminum melting metal for casting, Department of Industrail Engineering Faculty of Engineering King Mongkuts University of Technology Thonburi, Thailand (in Thai), 2006.
- ASTM, Standard Test Method for Tensile Properties of Plastics, ASTM D 638-96, Annual Book of ASTM standards, Vol. 08.01, pp. 1-13, 1996.
- ASTM, Standard Test Method for Rubber Property - Durometer Hardness, ASTM D 2240-00, Annual Book of ASTM Standard, Vol. 09.01, pp.1-8, 1996.
- ASM International, Properties and Selection: Nonferrous Alloys and Special Purpose Materials, ASM Handbook Volume 2, USA, 2000.
- Somnook Sungnoo, Jesada Wongon, Study between polyethylene fiber with aluminum foil recycled, Rajamangala University of Technology, Thailand (In Thai), 2008.
- Yiqun Liu Zhongqing Fan, "Application of nano powdered rubber in friction materials," Wear, Vol. 261, pp. 225-229, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wear.2005.10.011