- Volume 16 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
An Implementation of IMS Based PoC Service Deployment
IMS 기반의 PoC 서비스 전개 구현
- Lee, Jae-Oh (School of Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Korea University of Technology and Education) ;
- Lee, Hong-Kyu (School of Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Korea University of Technology and Education)
- Received : 2015.04.08
- Accepted : 2015.07.16
- Published : 2015.07.31
The IP Multimedia Subsystem(IMS) is a framework that provides access to the content of Internet and Telecom services anytime and anywhere with guaranteed Quality of Service(QoS) and manageability by separating control functions from bearer and services. The Service Delivery Platform(SDP) provides common interfaces and protocols to deploy existing or new services in an efficient way. Therefore SDP over IMS plays a role of bridge between established network and new IMS network by simplifying the interaction among application services. In order to enrich the multimedia network communication, we try to deploy the Push-to-talk over Cellular(PoC) service which is considered as the outstanding and distinguished half-duplex Voice over IP(VoIP) application service among deployable candidate services over mobile network. In this paper we investigate the advantages of PoC service and PoC architecture firstly, and then focus on the its practical implementation for the prototype to validate the feasibility of its deployment and realization.
- Jae-Hyoung Cho, Jae-Oh Lee, Seung-Chan Kang, "The Implementation of Presence Server in the M2M Using the RLS", Journal of Next Generation Information Technology, Vol 4. No. 8, pp 484-490, Oct., 2013.
- Open Mobile Alliance, Push to talk over Cellular (PoC) - Architecturee Version 2.1, Aug., 2011.
- The 3rdGeneration Partnership Project, 3GPPTS23.228v5.13.0, IP Multimedia Subsystem, Stage 2, Dec 2004.
- Andrew Rebeiro-Hargrave & David Viamonte Sole, Multimedia Group Communication, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/9780470060476
- Open Mobile Alliance, PoC User Plane Version 2.1, Aug., 2011.
- Phelim O'Doherty, Sun Microsystems, Mudumabai Ranganathan, NIST, JAIN SIP Tutorial Serving the Developer Community, 2003.
- RFC 3261, SIP: Session Initiation Protocol Chapter 17, June 2002.
- John Wiley & Sons LTD, The IMS IP Multimedia Concepts and Services second edition, 2006.
- Helsinki University Of Technology, Elina Ahonen, Implementing a Multi-access Push to Talk System and Analysing User Experience, October 16, 2007.