- Volume 6 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Correlation between Flexi-bar Exercise and Trunk Muscles Strength and Body Composition in Juvenile Soccer Players
Wang, Joong San;Park, Si Eun;Shin, Hee Joon;Choi, Wan Suk;Kim, Hong Rae;Kim, Bo Kyoung;Park, Joo Hyun;Lee, Joon Hee;Min, Kyung Ok
- 투고 : 2014.11.21
- 심사 : 2015.01.18
- 발행 : 2015.03.31
The purpose of this study is to verify a correlation between flexi-bar exercise and improvement of trunk strength and body composition in juvenile soccer players. The subjects were 11 teenager juvenile soccer players who conducted flexi-bar exercise half an hour daily three times a week for eight weeks. They were tested for trunk muscles strength, body composition and correlation. The result showed that trunk muscles strength improved significantly(p<.01) and weight, Rt. arm muscle mass, Rt. leg muscle mass, and Lt. leg muscle mass(p<.05), Lt. arm muscle mass, trunk muscle mass, and body muscle mass(p<.01) improved significantly as well while Lt. arm fat mass, Rt. leg fat mass, and Lt. leg fat mass decreased significantly(p<.05). In the correlation analysis, the more trunk muscle mass and trunk muscles strength increased, the more muscle mass of body regions increased, which was a positive correlation whereas fat mass of body regions decreased, which was a negative correlation. It was verified that there was a correlation between flexi-bar exercise and improvement of trunk muscles strength and body composition for juvenile soccer players.
Juvenile soccer players;Flexi-bar;Trunk muscles strength;Body composition
- Yang SH. Study of Exercise Injuries among the Middle, High Soccer Players. Mokpo University 2006.
- Ha BS. Comparative analysis of the injury types of soccer players. KyongGi University 2002.
- Kim SH. A study of reviewing a trend of korean sports injury literatures. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies 2008; 34: 1029-1039.
- Kim SB. A biomechanical analysis of the leg segments during a soccer instep kick motion. Dankook University 1996.
- Akuthota V, Ferreiro A, Moore T, Fredericson M. Core stability exercise principles. Curr Sports Med Rep 2008; 7(1): 39-44. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.CSMR.0000308663.13278.69
- Brill PW, Couzens GS. The core program. Bantam 2003.
- Neumann, D. Kinesiology of the musculoskeletal system: Foundations for rehabilitation. st louis, MO: Mosby 2010.
- Hong SM. The relationships among isokinetic trunk muscle, knee, and ankle strengths of soccer players. Yeungnam University 2002.
- Vera-Garcia FJ, Grenier SG, McGill SM. Abdominal muscle response during curl-up on both stable and labile surfaces. Phys Ther 2000; 80(6): 564-569.
- Lehman GJ. An unstable support surface isnot a sufficient condition for increases in muscle activity during rehabilitation exercise. J Can Chiropr Assoc 2007; 5(13): 139-143.
- Kisner C, Colby LA: Therapeutic Exercise: foundations and techniques(5th ed). F.A Philadelphia: Davis Company 2007.
- Mileva KN, Kadr M, Amin N, Bowtell JL. Acute effects of Flexi-bar vs Sham-bar exercise on muscle electromyography activity and performance. J Strength Cond Res 2010; 24: 737-748. https://doi.org/10.1519/JSC.0b013e3181c7c2d8
- Chung JS. Effect of flexi-bar exercise on trunk muscles activity according to posture change in healthy adult. Catholic University of Daegu 2013.
- Kendall FP, Provance PG, McCreary EK. Muscles: Testing and function with posture and pain. 4th ed. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins 2005.
- Dunn JC, Maura D. Interrater reliability of knee muscle forces obtained by hand-held dynamometer from elderly subjects with degenerative back pain. J Geriatr Phys Ther 2003; 26(3): 23-29. https://doi.org/10.1519/00139143-200312000-00004
- Moon OK. A study of spinal activity pattern in football, baseball players and general students. Yongin University 2011.
- Nakazawa R, Endo Y, Sakamoto M. (2013). The relationship between trunk function and injury among junior high school soccer players. J Phys Ther Sci 2013; 25(7): 775-777. https://doi.org/10.1589/jpts.25.775
- McGill SM. Low back stability: from formal description to issues for performance and rehabilitation. Exerc Sport Sci Rev 2001; 29(1): 26-31. https://doi.org/10.1097/00003677-200101000-00006
- Räty HP, Battié MC, Videman T, Sarna S. Lumbar mobility in former élite male weightlifters, soccer players, long-distance runners and shooters. Clin Biomech(Bristol, Avon) 1997; 12(5): 325-330. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0268-0033(97)00011-9
- Hodges Pw, Richardson CA. Delayed postural contraction of transversus abdominis in low back pain associated with movement of the lower limb. J Spinal Disord 1998; 11(1): 46-56.