- Volume 31 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Survey on the Contamination of Ventilation Duct in Apartment Houses
공동주택 환기덕트 오염도 실태조사
- Hwang, In-Tae ;
- Kim, Hyung-Geun ;
- Kim, Mi-Yeon ;
- Ann, Tae-Kyung ;
- Park, Jin Chul
- 황인태 ;
- 김형근 ;
- 김미연 ;
- 안태경 ;
- Received : 2015.02.05
- Accepted : 2015.08.04
- Published : 2015.08.30
This study was conducted to investigate contamination in the ventilation ducts in 32 apartment houses in Seoul. Duct contamination measurements were used based on endoscope camera. The results are as follows; In the case of ceiling heat exchangers, contamination in the exhaust diffuser areas of kitchen was severe. Also contamination in the case of under floor ventilation was serious at outdoor air-introduction components and the elbow areas of lower machine parts. To compare analyses of contamination level according to the installation of damper in ventilation system, intalled dampers contamination level on the floor ventilation types were higher than the ceiling ventilation types. According to the result of duct contamination measurement in apartment houses, the installation of dampers revealed importance factors in the contamination of microorganisms such as bacteria and mold.
Apartment Houses;Ventilation Duct(Ceiling & Under floor type);Contamination(bacteria and mold);Survey
- Hwang, I. (2014). An Improvement study on the survey of ventilation duct contamination in apartment houses, Thesis, Chung-Ang University.
- Jeon, B. (2013). A Study on the Dew Condensation According to the Operational Conditions of a Heat-Recovery Ventilator, Journal of the society of Air-conditioning and Refrigerating engineers of Korea, 35(10), 529-533
- Kim, K. (2009). Atmospheric Distribution Characteristics of Airborne Bacteria in Part of Seoul Area, Journal of the Korea society for atmospheric environment, 25(6), 493-502 https://doi.org/10.5572/KOSAE.2009.25.6.493
- Kim, S. (2002). A Study on Indoor Air Pollution Characterization and Management, Ministry of environment report.
- Korean ministry of environment(2010). Indoor Air Quality Standard Method.
- Ministry of Land Infrastructure and Transport(2014). Regulation for Facility in Building.
- Park, J. (2013). A Field Survey on Ventilator Operation by Occupants in Apartment Houses, Journal of the Architectural institute of Korea autumn conference, 33(2), 323-324
- Seo, C. (2014). A Field study on particle resuspension from supply air duct in mechanically ventilated apartment, Journal of the Architectural institute of Korea spring conference, 34(1), 249-250
- Sim, I. (2011). A Study on management of major indoor air pollutants by house type in Korea(III), National Institute of Environmental Research.