- Volume 31 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Airflow Characteristics through the Entrance of Underground Parking Lots in Office Building
사무소 건물의 지하주차장 출입구를 통한 건물의 공기유동 특성에 관한 연구
- Lee, Byung-Hee ;
- Yee, Su-Whan ;
- Kim, Hyo-Jin ;
- Kang, Dong-Hwa ;
- Yeo, Myoung-Souk ;
- Kim, Kwang-Woo
- 이병희 ;
- 이수환 ;
- 김효진 ;
- 강동화 ;
- 여명석 ;
- Received : 2015.06.01
- Accepted : 2015.08.13
- Published : 2015.08.30
This paper shows the characteristics of airflow by infiltration through opening of underground parking lot in office building. This infiltration affects indoor air quality and building energy consumption. The effect of the wind velocity, direction and temperature differences between indoor and outdoor on the airflow through the building envelop has been investigated. In this study, the effect of the infiltration through opening of underground parking lot in office building will be analyzed using airflow network modeling by CONTAMW 3.0. Office building were simulated to confirm these characteristics. It is important to estimate the airflow and pressure difference across opening of underground parking lot for understanding the energy impacts of infiltration in office building because infiltration is likely to affect building energy consumption. As a result, there is general upward movement of air inside the building under outside cold conditions with airflow into vertical shafts from the lower floors and out to the upper ones. For preventing problems from the stack effect in office building, the first concern should be the improvement of airtightness in the opening of underground parking lot.
Infiltration;Underground parking lot;Airflow;Air tightness;Office building
- ASHRAE (1997). Load Calculation Manual, ASHRAE, Chapter 6.
- Dols, W. S., & Walton, G. N. (2013). CONTAMW 3.0 user manual. NTIR 6921, National Institute of standards and Technology, 45-63
- Fransis, A. (1998). National ventilation in buildings, James & James, pp.63-122.
- Henri C. F., & Jonathan H. (2005). Setting airtightness standards, ASHRAE journal, Vol.47, 26-30.
- Kim, H. J. (2015). The evaluation of the effects of infiltration reduction methods on the characteristics of airflow in a building, Master Dissertation, Seoul national university, 18-20
- Jo, J. H., Yeo, M. S., Yang, I. H., & Kim, K. W. (2000). A study on the stack effect in high-rise building, AIK(Architectural Institute of Korea)'s Autumn Conference, 20(2), 769-772
- Jo J. H. (2005). Prediction of pressure distribution due to stack effect in high-rise residential buildings and evaluation of its impact, Ph.D. Dissertation, Seoul national university, 35-41
- Yoon, J. H., Park, J. W., Lee, K. S., Baek, N. C., & Shin, U. C. (2008). A study on the measurement of airtightness performance of detached houses in ching-cheong area, Jounal of the Korean Solar Energy Society, 28(5), 65-71
- Lim, H. H., Jo, J. H., Lim, J. H., & Lee, B. Y. (2013). Research Review on the Infiltration Measurement and Calculation for the Building Entrance Door and Comparing Infiltration rate, Jounal of KIAEBS 7(2), 135-142
- Lee, S. W. (2010). The study on the airflow based on the array of ventilator and plan of the underground parking lot in apartment, Master Dissertation, Pusan national university, 16-20
- Tamura, G. T., & Wilson, A. G. (1967). Pressure differences caused by chimney effect in three high buildings, ASHRAE Transactions, 73(2), II.1.1-II.1.10
Supported by : 한국환경산업기술원(KEITI)