- Volume 20 Issue 8
Recently, there are serviced user customized advertisement of various type using smart device. Representative services are advertisement service using light of smart TV screen or audible sound of smart TV to transmit advertisement information. However, those services have to do a specific action of smart device user for advertisement information or need audible audio information of TV contents. To overcome those weakness, therefore, we propose an advertisement method using inaudible sound of speaker based on smart device. This method supports the transfer of advertising content to the smart device user with no additional action or TV audio signal required to access that content. The proposed method used two high frequencies among 18kHz ~ 22kHz of audible frequency range which smart TV can send out. And it generates those frequencies synthesized with audio of TV contents as trigger signal which can send advertisements to smart device. Next, smart device analysis the trigger signal and request advertisement contents related to the signal to server. After then, smart device can show the downloaded contents to user. Because the proposed method uses the high frequencies of sound signals via the inner speaker of the smart device, its main advantage is that it does not affect the audio signal of TV content. To evaluate the efficacy of the proposed method, we developed an application to implement it and subsequently carried out an advertisement transmission experiment. The success rate of the transmission experiment was approximately 97%. Based on this result, we believe the proposed method will be a useful technique in introducing a customized user advertising service.
Inaudible frequency;Advertisement transmission;Smart device;User customized advertisement
- S. Dhar and U. Varshney, "Challenges and business models for mobile location-based services and advertising," Communications of the ACM, Vol. 54, No. 5, pp. 121-128, May 2011.
- Y. Liu, J. Yang, and M. Liu, "Recognition of QR Code with mobile phones," In: Proceedings of Control and Decision Conference IEEE, pp. 203-206, Yantai, Shandong, China, July 2008.
- S. Narang, V. Jain, and S. Roy, "Effect of QR codes on consumer attitudes," International Journal of Mobile Marketing, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 52-64, 2012.
- J. J. Sanchez-Silos, F. J. Velasco-Arjona, I. L. Ruiz, and M. A. Gomez-Nieto, "An NFC-Based solution for discount and loyalty mobile coupons," In: Proceedings of 2012 4th International Workshop on Near Field Communication (NFC), pp. 45-50, Helsinki, Finland, March 2012.
- iBeacon, http://www.ibeacon.com/what-is-ibeacon-a-guide-to-beacons/
- Swingo, http://www.samsungadhub.com/pr/ourCapability/swingo.do
- Fujitsu develops new data transmission technology using video data, http://www.diginfo.tv/v/12-0183-r-en.php
- Outstanding Technology, "Visible light communication devices ready for commercialization," Wireless Technology Park 2012, http://www.diginfo.tv/v/12-0132-r-en.php
- V. Filonenko, C. Cullen, and J. Carswell, "Investigating ultrasonic positioning on mobile phones," In: Proceedings of International Conference on Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation (IPIN), Zurich, Switzerland, September 2010.
- V. Filonenko, C. Cullen, and J. D. Carswell, "Asynchronous ultrasonic trilateration for indoor positioning of mobile phones," In Web and Wireless Geographical Information Systems, pp. 33-46, Naples, Italy, April 2012.
- P. Bihler, P. Imhoff, and A. B. Cremers, "SmartGuide-A smartphone museum guide with ultrasound control," Procedia Computer Science, Vol. 5, pp. 586-592, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2011.07.076
- M. K. Lee, J. B. Kim, and J. E. Song, "Smart phone user authentication using audio channels," In: Proceedings of 2012 IEEE International Conference on Consumer Electronics (ICCE), pp. 735-736, Las Vegas, NV, USA, January 2012.
- M. B. Chung and H. S. Choo, "Near wireless-control technology between smart devices using inaudible high-frequencies," Multimedia Tools and Applications, pp. 1-17, 2014.
연구 과제번호 : 가청 주파수 범위에서 사람이 듣지 못하는 주파수를 이용한 스마트 기기 간의 원격 제어 기술과 이를 응용한 스마트 서비스