- Volume 20 Issue 8
The existing methods for control between smart devices in near used Bluetooth, WiFi-Direct, or socket communication using Wi-Fi. However, those have a problem that can not use when operating system of each smart devices is different or when socket server is not working. In this paper, we proposed a new near control technology using High frequencies in audible frequency between smart devices to supplement the problem of existing methods. High frequencies use micro-phone and speaker of smart device and are a control signals that is combined high frequencies within 18kHz ~ 22kHz among audible frequency range. The proposed technology using High frequencies do not need any extra communication modules or socket servers and can use the most smart devices without operating system of devices. To evaluate the performance of the proposed technology, we developed a music play and music control application applied the proposed technology and tested a control experiment using the developed applications. The control success rate was 97% and recognition rate of surrounding people about using high frequencies was under 5%. Therefore, the proposed technology will be the useful technology to control between smart devices in near.
Wireless communication;High frequencies;Inaudible frequency;Control signal;Smart device
- F. Sandu, M. Romanca, A. Nedelcu, P. Borza, and R. Dimova, "Remote and mobile control in domotics," In: Proceedings of 11th International Conference on Optimization of Electrical and Electronic Equipment, 2008 IEEE, pp. 225-228, Brasov, Romania, May 2008.
- C. C. Huang-Fu, Y. B. Lin, and H. Rao, "IP2P: a peer-to-peer system for mobile devices," Wireless Communications IEEE, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 30-36, April 2009.
- M. Loh and A. Tam, "Wireless smart card and integrated personal area network, near field communication and contactless payment system," U.S. Patent Application 12/234,499.
- J. Chen and G. Kung, "File sharing method and file sharing system utilizing the same," U.S. Patent Application 13/305,732.
- Wi-Fi Direct, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wi-Fi_Direct
- About Core Bluetooth, https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/NetworkingInternetWeb/Conceptual/CoreBluetooth_concepts/AboutCoreBluetooth/Introduction.html
- Bluetooth, http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/connectivity/bluetooth.html
- BUMP, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bump_(application)
- Y. H. Jeon and H. Ahn, "Smart-phone based interface for mobile robot control," In: Proceedings of Electronics Engineers of Korea 2010 Spring Conference, Vol. 33, No. 1, pp. 1951-1953, Jeju, Korea, June 2010.
- S. W. Moon, Y. J. Kim, H. J. Myeong, C. S. Kim, N. J. Cha, and D. H. Kim, "Implementation of smartphone environment remote control and monitoring system for Android operating system-based robot platform," In: Proceedings of 8th International Conference on Ubiquitous Robots and Ambient Intelligence(URAI) IEEE, pp. 211-214, Incheon, Korea, November 2011.
- C. J. Ryu, "The design of remote control car using smartphone for intrusion detection," In Computer Science and its Applications, pp. 525-533, 2012.
- C. Y. Wang and A. F. Lai, "Development of a mobile rhythm learning system based on digital game-based learning companion," In: Proceedings of 6th International Conference on E-learning and Games, Edutainment 2011, pp. 92-100, Taipei, Taiwan, September 2011.
- Chopper 2, http://majicjungle.com/chopper2_iphone.html
- PadRacer, http://padracer.com/
- Y. Gu, A. Lo, and I. Niemegeers, "A survey of indoor positioning systems for wireless personal networks," Communications Surveys & Tutorials, IEEE, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 13-32, March 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/SURV.2009.090103
- S. P. Tarzia, P. A. Dinda, R. P. Dick, and G. Memik, "Indoor localization without infrastructure using the acoustic background spectrum," In Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications, and Services, ACM, pp. 155-168, Bethesda, Maryland, USA, June 2011.
- P. Bihler, P. Imhoff, and A. B. Cremers, "SmartGuide-A smartphone museum guide with ultrasound control," Procedia Computer Science, Vol. 5, pp.586-592, August 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procs.2011.07.076
- J. B. Kim, J. E. Song, and M. K. Lee, "Authentication of a smart phone user using audio frequency analysis," Journal of Korea Institute of Information Security and Cryptology, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 327-336, April 2012.
- Perples Inc., "System and method for accumulating coupons by using high frequency," PCT, 2013.
- Starbucks Korea lets customers place orders with their mobile phone, more countries to follow, http://www.nfcworld.com/2014/06/04/329509/starbucks-korea-lets-customers-place-orders-mobile-phone-countries-follow
연구 과제번호 : 가청 주파수 범위에서 사람이 듣지 못하는 주파수를 이용한 스마트 기기 간의 원격 제어 기술과 이를 응용한 스마트 서비스