- Volume 15 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Exploring Determinants Affecting Mobile Application Use and Recommendation
스마트폰 앱 사용 및 추천의도 영향 요인에 관한 연구 - Utilitarian vs. Hedonic 유형간 차이비교
- Received : 2015.06.22
- Accepted : 2015.06.30
- Published : 2015.08.28
Recently mobile application providers and telecommunication companies went through a difficult time in a highly competitive mobile and its application market where we've seen a huge trend for diverse mobile applications occurring on smart phone. If there were a time when those of companies need to analyze factors affecting users' intention to download or recommend others applications more than ever, it is now. Based on UTAUT model, this research is to provide them with strategic implications by analyzing those factors according to application types with utilization and hedonic values. As a result, firstly trust and personalization have positive impact on Performance Expectancy and users' intention to use have been significantly affected by Performance Expectancy and Effort Expectancy. Secondly the result of path analysis has a different outcome according to application types with utilization and hedonic values. Therefore it is expected that the research gives practical and strategic implication for application developer, mobile companies and others helping application development, new service launch and marketing implementation.
- Portio Research, Mobile applications future: 2010-2015, Portioresearch.com, 2013
- E. C. Hirschman and B. H. Morris, "Hedonic Consumption: Emerging Concepts," Methods and Propositions, Journal of Marketing, Vol.46, No.6, pp.92-101, 1982
- M. Strahilevitz, "The effects of product type and donation magnitude on willingness to pay more for a charity-lined brand," Journal of consumer psychology, vol.8, No.3, pp.215-241, 1999 https://doi.org/10.1207/s15327663jcp0803_02
- D. Gefen and D. Straub, "The relative importance of perceived ease of use in IS adoption: A study of ecommerce adoption," Journal of the Association for Information Systems, Vol.1, No.1, pp.1-28, 2000.
- C. Hsu and J. Lin, "Acceptance of blog usage: The roles of technology acceptance, social influence and knowledge sharing motivation," Information & Management, Vol.45, pp.65-74, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2007.11.001
- V. Venkatesh, M. G. Morris, and G. B. Davis, User Acceptance of Information Technology: Toward a Unified View MIS quarterly," management information systems, Vol.27, No.3, pp.425-478, 2003. https://doi.org/10.2307/30036540
- B. Kijsanayotin, S. Pannarunothai, and S. M. Speedie, "Factors influencing health information technology adoption in Thailand's community health centers: Applying the UTAUT model," international journal of medical informatics, Vol.7, No.38, pp.404-416, 2009.
- H. Yoo, M. Y. Kim, and O. Kwon, "A Study of Factors Influencing Ubiquitous Computing Service Acceptance," The Journal of Korean Institute of CALS/EC, Vol.13, No.2, pp.117-147, 2008.
- Y. S. Wang and Y. W. Shih, "Why do people use information kiosks: A validation of the Unified Theory of Acceptance and Use of Technology," Government Information Quarterly, Vol.26, pp.158-165, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.giq.2008.07.001
- T. Zhou, Y. Lu, and B. Wang, "Integrating TTF and UTAUT to explain mobile banking user adoption," Computers in human behavior, Vol.26, No.4, pp.760-767, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2010.01.013
- H. Verkasalo, C. Lopez-Nicolas, F. J. Molina-Castillo, and H. Bouwman, "Analysis of users and non-users of smartphone applications," Telematics and Informatics, Vol.27, pp.242-255, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tele.2009.11.001
- Y. J. Koh and H. I. Lee, "A Study on the Changes of Behavior Patterns in Smartphone Users by Shadowing Early iPhone Users," Journal of Product Research, Vol.28, No.1, pp.111-120, 2010.
- J. K. Jeong and K. J. Jang, "A Study on the Factors of Smart-phone Selection Centered on Actual Users," The e-business studies, Vol.11, No.4, pp.361-379, 2010. https://doi.org/10.15719/geba.11.4.201011.361
- R. Mayer, J. Davis, and F. Schoorman, "An Integration Model of Organizational Trust," Academy of Management Review, Vol.20, No.3, pp.709-734, 1995.
- D. Gefen, E. Karahanna, and D. Straub, "Trust and TAM In Online Shopping : An Integrated Model", MIS Quarterly, Vol.27, No.1, pp.51-91, 2003. https://doi.org/10.2307/30036519
- P. A. Pavlou, "Consumer Acceptance of Electronic Commerce - Integrating Trust and Risk, with the Technology Acceptance Model," International Journal of Electronic Commerce, Vol.7, No.3, pp.69-103, 2003.
- M. B. Adelman and A. Ahuvia, "Social Support in the Service Sector: The Antecedents, Processes, and Outcomes of Social Support in an Introductory Service," Journal of Business Research, Vol.32, No.3, pp.273-282, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1016/0148-2963(94)00052-G
- T. S. Chung, R. T. Rust, and M. Wedel, "My Mobile Music: An Adaptive Personalization System for Digital Audio Players," Marketing Science, Vol.28, No.1, pp.52-68, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1287/mksc.1080.0371
- T. Kobsa, "Privacy-Enhanced Personalization," Communications of the ACM, Vol.50, No.8, pp.24-33, 2007 https://doi.org/10.1145/1297797.1297817
- 박용석, 나원찬, 이지원, "글로벌 제품표준화 전략의 실행 가능성 연구: 애플리케이션을 통한 스마트폰의 개인화에 관한 실증분석을 바탕으로", 경영학연구, Vol.41, No.3, pp.511-537, 2012.
- 이승민, "스마트폰 Interface Design의 개인화를 통한 사용자 만족도에 관한 연구-20대 사용자의 감성요인을 중심으로", 일러스트레이션 포름, Vol.36, pp.37-46, 2013.
- M. Csikszentmihalyi, "Play and intrinsic rewards," Journal of Humanistic Psychology, Vol.15, No.3, pp.41-63, 1975. https://doi.org/10.1177/002216787501500306
- G. Privette and C. M. Bundrick, "Measurement of Experience: Construct and Content Validity of the Experience Questionnaire," Perceptual and Motor Skills, Vol.65, 1987.
- M. Csikszentmihalyi and I. Csikszentmihalyi, Introduction to Part IV in Optical Experience: Psychological Studies of Flow in Consciousness, Cambridge University Press, 1988.
- G. D. Ellis, J. E. Voelkl, and C. Morris, "Measurement and Analysis Issues with Explanation of Variance in Daily Experience Using the Flow Model," Journal of Leisure Research, Vol.26, No.4, 1994.
- C. L. Hsu and H. P. Lu, "Why do people play on-line games An extended TAM with social influences and flow experience," Information & Management, Vol.41, No.7, pp.853-868, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2003.08.014
- J. W. Park, S. J. Yoon and D. C. Choi, "A Study on Consumer Purchase Intention Using a Flow," Journal of Korean academy of marketing science, Vol.12, pp.59-75, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1080/12297119.2003.9707204
- Y. Lu, T. Zhou and B. Wang, "Exploring Chinese users' acceptance of instant messaging using the theory of planned behavior, the technology acceptance model, and the flow theory," Computers in Human Behavior, Vol.25, pp.29-39, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2008.06.002
- M. Sanchez and M. J. Franco, "The quasi-moderating effect of perceived affective quality on an extending Technology Acceptance Model," Computers & education, Vol.54, No.1, pp.37-46, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2009.07.005
- S. L. Jarvenpaa and N. Tractinsky, "Consumer Trust in an Internet Store; a Cross- Cultural Validation," Journal of Computer Mediated Communication, Vol.5, No.2, pp.1-35, 1999.
- P. Pavlou and D. Gefen, "Building Effective Online Marketplaces with Institution-Based trust," Twenty-third International Conference on Information System, pp.667-675, 2002.
- T. Dahlberg, N. Mallat, and A. Oorni, "Trust Enhanced Technology Acceptance Model - Consumer Acceptance of Mobile Payment Solutions," in Presentation at Stockholm Mobility Roundtable, Stockholm, Sweden, May, pp.22-23, 2003
- Y. S. Wang, H. H. Lin, and P. Luarn, "Predicting Consumer Intention to Use Mobile Service," Information Systems Journal, Vol.16, No.2, pp.157-179, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2575.2006.00213.x
- J. C. Anderson and A. N. James, "A Model of Distribution Firm and Manufacturer Firm Working partnership," Journal of marketing, Vol.54, No.1, pp.42-58, 1990.
- R. K. Chellappa and R. Sin, "Personalization Versus Privacy: An Empirical Examination of the online consumer's Dilemma," Information Technology and Management, Vol.6, pp.181-202, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10799-005-5879-y
- S. Y. Ho and S. H. Kwok, "The Attraction of Personalized Service for Users in Mobile Commerce : An Empirical Study," ACM SIGEcom Exchanges, Vol.3, No.4, pp.10-18, 2003.
- 권혁인, 김만진, "구조방정식을 이용한 스마트폰 게임의 지속적 사용의도와 추천에 미치는 영향에 관한 실증적 연구", 한국게임학회논문지, Vol.11, No.6, pp.115-125, 2011
- 정기한, 정지희, 박은옥, "스마트폰의 지속사용 선행요인과 추천의도에 관한 연구", 2011년 한국 유통학회 추계학술대회 발표논문집, pp.161-181, 2011.
- M. Fishbein and I. Ajzen,"Attitudes toward objects as predictors of single and multiple behavioral criteria, psychological review," Vol.81, pp.59-74, 1974. https://doi.org/10.1037/h0035872
- H. Evanschitzky, G. R. Iyer, H. Plabmann, J. Niebing, and H. Mefrert, "The relative strength of affective commitment in securing loyalty in service relationships," Journal of business research, Vol.59, No.12, pp.1207-1213, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2006.08.005
- F. D. Davis, "Perceived usefulness, perceived ease of use, and user acceptance of information technology," MIS Quarterly, Vol.13, No.3, pp.319-340, 1989. https://doi.org/10.2307/249008
- R. Hallowell, "The relationships of customer satisfaction, customer loyalty and profitability," International, Journal of service industry management, Vol.7, No.4, pp.27-42, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1108/09564239610129931
- D. Belanche, L. V. Casalo, and M. Guinaliu, "Website usability, consumer satisfaction and the intention to use a website: The moderating effect of perceived risk," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Vol.19, pp.124-132, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2011.11.001
- A. Aarnio, A. Enkenberg, J. Heikill, and S. Hirvola, "Adoption and Use of Mobile services - Empirical Evidence from a Finish Survey' in Proceedings of the 35th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, 2002.
- S. Barnes, "The Mobile commerce value chain: Analysis and future development," international journal of information management, Vol.22, No.2, pp.91-108, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0268-4012(01)00047-0
- M. H. Chae and J. W. Kim, "What's so different about the mobile internet?," Communications of the ACM, Vol.46, No.12, pp.240-247, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1145/953460.953506
- U. Varshney and R. Vetter, "Mobile Commerce: Framework, Applications and Networking Support," Mobile Networks and Application, Vol.7, No.3, pp.185-198, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1014570512129
- 노미진, 김명숙,"서비스 유형에 따른 u-서비스 특성이 무선인터넷 이용의도에 미치는 영향분석", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, Vol.9, No.11, pp.335-347, 2009.
- 정수연, 박철, "서비스 유형의 조절효과를 고려한 모바일 서비스 수용에 영향을 미치는 요인: 모바일 게임과 모바일 금융서비스를 중심으로," 정보시스템 연구, Vol.9, No.1, pp.23-44, 2009.
- R. Wakefield and D. Whitten, "Mobile computing: A user study on hedonic/utilitarian mobile device usage," European journal of information systems, Vol.15, pp.292-300, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.ejis.3000619
- 김희웅, 이현령, 최수진, "모바일 앱 구매 결정에 끼치는 영향요인: 탐색적 연구". 한국전자거래학회지, Vol.16, No.4, pp.1-23, 2011.
- J. H. Hair, R. E. Anderson, R. L. Tatham, and W. C. Black, Multivariate Data Analysis. Prentice Hall, New Jersey, 1998
- S. Taylor and P. A. Todd, "Assessing IT Usage: the Role of Prior Experience," MIS Quarterly, Vol.19, No.2, pp.561-570, 1995. https://doi.org/10.2307/249633
- W. W. Chin, "Issues and Opinion on Structural Equation Modeling," MIS Quarterly, Vol.22, No.1, pp.7-16, 1998.