- Volume 15 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Comparative Analysis of the Effect of Physical Activity and Stress Experience on the Vitamin D Deficiency according to Occupations: results from KNHANES dataset for 2008~2013
신체활동수준과 스트레스수준에 따른 Vitamin-D 결핍률에 관한 직군별 비교분석연구: 2008~2013년 KNHANES 데이터 분석을 중심으로
- Received : 2015.06.17
- Accepted : 2015.08.17
- Published : 2015.08.28
The purpose of the study is to investigate the occupational difference of Vitamin D deficiency according to the level of physical activity and the level of stress. For this purpose, We performed empirical approaches and adopted KNHANES 2008~2013 dataset, to which were applied such methods as crosstabulation analysis, logistic regression and SOBEL test. As a result, we found that Vitamin D deficiency was higher in the group of people with indoor-working-job than in the group of people with out-door working job. Besides, Vitamin D deficiency tends to increase in the people with lower physical activity and higher stress experience. As a result, those employees highly related with in-door activities must be ensured that they need to be exposed to sunlight on a regular basis. Moreover, improving the physical activity levels of employees could be one of appropriate solutions to alleviate Vitamin D deficiency problems. Besides, lowering stress levels in workplace needs to be seriously considered in order not to drop the physical activity levels of workers.
Vitamin D Deficiency;Job;bPhysical Activity Level;Stress Experience;KNHANES
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea
- A. Zittermann, S. Iodice, S. Pilz, W. B. Grant, V. Bagnardi, and S. Gandini, "Vitamin D deficiency and mortality risk in the general population: a meta-analysis of prospective cohort studies," The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Vol.95, No.1, pp.91-100, 2012. https://doi.org/10.3945/ajcn.111.014779
- H. Dobnig, S. Pilz, H. Scharnagl, W. Renner, U. Seelhorst, B. Wellnitz, and W. Maerz, "Independent association of low serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D and 1, 25-dihydroxyvitamin D levels with all-cause and cardiovascular mortality," Archives of Internal Medicine, Vol.168, No.12, pp.1340-1349, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1001/archinte.168.12.1340
- J. L. Vacek, S. R. Vanga, M. Good, S. M. Lai, D. Lakkireddy, and P. A. Howard, "Vitamin D deficiency and supplementation and relation to cardiovascular health," The American Journal of Cardiology, Vol.109, No.3, pp.359-363, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjcard.2011.09.020
- Y. W. Kim, D. S. Ryu, and J. S. Lee, "Relationship between serum 25-hydroxy vitamin D and lung function among Korean adults," Allergy Asthma & Respiratory Disease, Vol.3, No.1, pp.35-39, 2015. https://doi.org/10.4168/aard.2015.3.1.35
- K. Y. Chin, S. Ima-Nirwana, S. Ibrahim, I. N. Mohamed, and W. Z. Wan Ngah, "Vitamin D Status in Malaysian Men and Its Associated Factors," Nutrients, Vol.6, No.12, pp.5419-5433, 2014. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu6125419
- 유아름, 김지혜, 권오란, 오세영, 김정현, 양윤정, "한국 성인과 노인의 계절별 혈중 25-hydroxyvitamin D 농도와 비타민 D 급원식품 섭취빈도와의 관계", 대한지역사회영양학회지, 제19권, 제2호, pp.122-132, 2014.
- Ellinor Sallander, Ulf Wester, Emil Bengtsson, and Desiree Wiegleb Edstrom. "Vitamin D levels after UVB radiation: effects by UVA additions in a randomized controlled trial," Photodermatology, Photoimmunology & Photomedicine, Vol.29, No.6, pp.323-329, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1111/phpp.12076
- M. K. Kwak and J. H. Kim, "The Radiative Characteristics of EUV-B over the Korean Peninsula and Exposure Time for Synthesizing Adequate Vitamin D, Atmosphere," Korean Meteorological Society, Vol.21, No.1, pp.123-130, 2011.
- I. K. Jung, "Prevalence of vitamin D deficiency in Korea: Results from KNHANES 2010 to 2011," J Nutr Health, Vol.46, No.6, pp.540-551, 2013. https://doi.org/10.4163/jnh.2013.46.6.540
- M. R. Lopes, P. A. Ribeiro, P. Ledur, G. C. Souza, N. Clausell, and B. D. Schaan, "Vitamin D Insufficiency Is Associated with Lower Physical Function in Patients with Heart Failure and Diabetes," Journal of Diabetes Research, Vol.2014, Article ID 320930, pp.1-9, 2014.
- M.A. Stults-Kolehmainen and R. Sinha, "The effects of stress on physical activity and exercise," Sports Medicine, Vol.44, No.1, pp.81-121, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40279-013-0090-5
- M. J. Choi and S. M. Kim, "The Effects of Vitamin D Supplementation on Bone Mineral Density and Bone Mineral Content in Ovariectomized Rats," Korean J Nutr, Vol.41, No.2, pp.127-134, 2008.
- H. R. Yang, J. W. Seo, Y. J. Kim, J. Y. Kim, E. Ryoo, J. G. Sim, H. W. Yom, J. Y. Chang, J. A. Jung, and K. H. Choi, "Recent concepts on vitamin D in children and adolescents," Korean Journal of Pediatrics, Vol.52, No.10, pp.1082-1089, 2009. https://doi.org/10.3345/kjp.2009.52.10.1082
- M. J. Choi, "Bone Health and Calcium, Vitamin D, Potassium: Shortfall Nutrients in Korean," Korean J Obes, Vol.22, No.3, pp.129-136, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7570/kjo.2013.22.3.129
- I. K. Kim and O. S. Kim, "Effect of Vitamin D Supplementation on the Physiological Indices, Muscle Mass, and Physical Functions of Aged Women," Korean J Adult Nurs, Vol.25, No.5, pp.539-548, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2013.25.5.539
- B. Hamilton, "Vitamin D and human skeletal muscle," Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports, Vol.20, No.2, pp.182-190, 2010.
- A. A. Litonjua, "Vitamin D deficiency as a risk factor for childhood allergic disease and asthma," Current Opinion in Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Vol.12, No.2, pp.179-185, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1097/ACI.0b013e3283507927
- IPAQ Group, Guidelines for Data Processing and Analysis of the International Physical Activity Questionnaire (IPAQ): Short and Long Forms, IPAQ Group, 2005.
- Bruce S. McEwen, "Physiology and neurobiology of stress and adaptation: central role of the brain," Physiological Reviews, Vol.87, No.3, pp.873-904, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1152/physrev.00041.2006
- D. M. Kang, Y. K. Kim, and J. E. Kim, "Job stress and musculoskeletal diseases," J Korean Med Assoc, Vol.54, No.8, pp.851-858, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2011.54.8.851
- J. W. Twisk, J. Snel, H. C. Kemper, and W. van Mechelen, "Changes in daily hassles and life events and the relationship with coronary heart disease risk factors: A 2-year longitudinal study in 27, 29-year-old males and females," Journal of Psychosomatic Research, Vol.46, No.3, pp.229-240, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-3999(98)00088-9
- J. I. Kim and M. J. Kang, "Recent Consumption and Physiological Status of Vitamin D in Korean Population," Food Industry and Nutrition, Vol.17, No.2, pp.7-10, 2012.
- 나은희, 김수영, 조한익, "한국인에서 비타민 D: 성별, 연령, 거주지, 계절에 따른 상태 및 결핍의 유병률", 진단검사의학회, 제5권, 제2호, pp.84-91, 2015.
- The Fifth Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (KNHANES), 2008-2013, Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, avaiable at https://knhanes.cdc.go.kr/
- Korea National Statical Office, KSCO-6 ,2007
- M. E. Sobel, "Asymptotic confidence intervals for indirect effects in structural equations models," Sociological Methodology, Vol.13, pp.290-312, 1982. https://doi.org/10.2307/270723
- 윤재일, 최용범, 박석범, 서대헌, 박윤기, 안성구, 김기호, 김상태, 김홍용, 이승철, 오선진, 김진준, 강세훈, "Fitzpatrick 분류법에 따른 한국인의 광 피부형", 대한피부과학회지, 제38권, 제7호, pp.920-927, 2000.
- Jennifer Mouchacca, Gavin R Abbott and Kylie Ball, "Associations between psychological stress, eating, physical activity, sedentary behaviours and body weight among women: a longitudinal study," BMC Public Health, Vol.13, No.828, pp.1-11, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2458-13-1
- H. S. Choi, H. J. Oh, H. Choi, W. H. Choi, J. G. Kim, K. M. Kim, K. J. Kim, Y. Rhee, and S. K. Lim, "Vitamin D insufficiency in Korea - A greater threat to younger generation: the Korea national health and nutrition examination survey (KNHANES) 2008," J Clin Endocr Metab Vol.96, pp.463-651, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2010-2098
- H. J. Lim, "Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D status and associated factors in premenopausal working women," Korean J Community Nutr, Vol.10, pp.79-90, 2005.
- E. Y. Choi, "25(OH)D status and demographic and lifestyle determinants of 25(OH)D among Korean adults," Asia Pac J Clin Nutr, Vol.21, pp.526-535, 2012.
- 박승현, 김영욱, 채창호, 손준석, 김찬우, 김재윤, 김자현, "제조업 남성 근로자의 혈청 비타민 D 수준과 Framingham Risk Score와의 관계", 대한직업환경의학회지, 제24권, 제2호, 2012.
- Quality of life and subjective health status according to handgrip strength in the elderly: a cross-sectional study pp.1364-6915, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1080/13607863.2017.1387766