- Volume 29 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Shape Optimization of Grinding Spindle using Response Surface Analysis
반응표면분석을 이용한 연삭가공용 스핀들 형상 최적화
- Received : 2014.06.11
- Accepted : 2015.02.09
- Published : 2015.02.28
To improve the accuracy of a machine, research needs to be conducted on the relationship between the output variables and design variables of a spindle-shaped part from the thermal and static viewpoints. Therefore, research was carried out by examining the correlation of each variable to find the optimum conditions. Moreover, DOE (design of experiments) was extensively used. The model used in this study was a grinding spindle to which a hydrostatic bearing was applied. This model was used in a preliminary analysis based on the experimental results of the previous studies. The influences of the output variables and design variables were compared through a main effect analysis. Generated response surfaces were applied to the Kriging model. To optimize the model, a screening method was selected. In comparison with the initial model, the deformation of the optimized model designed by DOE decreased by 4.1 μm, while the thermal deformation decreased by 1.2 μm. Therefore, it was efficient to design a spindle-shaped part through DOE to improve the accuracy of the machine.
Design of experiment;Kriging metamodle;Rotatable central composite design;Response surface analysis;Spindle
- Bryan, J., 1968. International Status of Thermal Error Research(Keynote), Ann. Of the CIRP, 16. 203-215.
- Chi, L.Z., Lee, S.J., Park, H.M., Oh, S.L., Ha, M.K., 2004. Effect of Change of Grinding Force on Geometric Error. Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Process Engineers, 3(2). 10-17.
- Choi, S.S., Koo, Y., Kwak, J.S., Ha, M.K., Park, N.K., 2002. Variation of Grinding Force and Wheel Life in Surface Grinding. Journal of the Korean Society of Precision Engineering, 19(3). 59-65.
- Kim, H.S., Kim, H.J., Kim, H.G., Lee, J.S., 2007. Shape Optimum Design of ship's Bellows Using Statistical Method. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 21(5). 55-60.
- Kim, D.S., Lee, J.S., Choi, H.Y., 2013. Optimization of Stress and Deformation of Culvert Gate by using RSM and NSGA-II. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 27(2). 27-32.
- Lee, C.H., Park, C.H., Lee, H.S., 1996. The Optimization of a Hydrostatic Spindle System for Grinding Machines. Journal of the Korean Society of Precision Engineering, 13(7). 140-147.
- Park, S.S., Chung, W.J., 2011. A Study on Select Bearing Position of High Speed Spindle Considering the Thermo Behavior. Korean Society of Manufacturing Technology Engineers, (20)6. 767-772.
- Park, Y.C., Kang, J.H., Lee, J.M., Kang, J., 2006. Optimization of Butterfly Valve's Disc Using the DACE Model Based on CAE. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 20(3). 96-102.
- Srinivasan, N., Zigert, J.C., 1996. Automeated Measurement and Compensation(1) of Thermally Induced Error Maps in Machine Tools. Precision Engng, 19. 112-132. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0141-6359(96)00042-6