- Volume 28 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Determination of terbutaline in human plasma by coupled column chromatography
커플드칼럼크로마토그래피에 의한 사람 혈장 중 테르부탈린의 정량
- Received : 2014.08.18
- Accepted : 2015.03.23
- Published : 2015.04.25
A method was developed and fully validated for the determination of terbutaline, a β2-receptor agonist, in human plasma. Plasma samples were prepared by solid-phase extraction with Sep-Pak silica, followed by high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC). The terbutaline was pre-separated from the interfering components in plasma on a Luna C18 (2) column, and terbutaline and salbutamol as an internal standard were resolved and determined on a Luna Silica column. The two columns were connected by a switching valve equipped with silica pre-column. The pre-column was used to concentrate the terbutaline in the eluent from the C18 column before back-flushing onto the silica column with fluorescence detection at an excitation/emission wavelength of 276/306 nm. The method was shown to be specific by testing six different human plasma sources. Linearity was established for a concentration range of 0.4-20.0 ng/mL with a correlation coefficient of 0.9999. The lower limit of quantitation was 0.4 ng/mL with a precision of 10.1% as C.V.%.
terbutaline;coupled column chromatography;HPLC;solid phase extraction;plasma
- Y. Arai, T. Fukushima, M. Shirao, X. Yang and K. Imai, Biomed. Chromatogr., 14, 118-124 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-0801(200004)14:2<118::AID-BMC936>3.0.CO;2-O
- R. Wyss, F. Bucheli and W. Philipp, J. Chromatogr. A., 870, 189-198 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9673(99)01016-X
- K. H. Kim, H. J. Kim, J. H. Kim and S. D. Shin, J, Chromatpgr. B., 751, 69-77 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-4347(00)00449-7
- Y. Zhang and Z. R. Zhang, J. Chromatpgr. B., 805, 211-214 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jchromb.2004.02.037
- M. T. Acekrmans, J. L. Beckers, F. M. Everaerts and I. G. J. A. Seelen, J. Chromatogr., 590, 341-353 (1992). https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9673(92)85397-C
- G. A. Jacobson and G. M. Peterson, J. Pharm. Biomed. Anal., 12, 825-832 (1994). https://doi.org/10.1016/0731-7085(94)E0006-M
- United States Pharmacopeia (USP30) and National formulary (NF 25), United State Pharmacopeial Convention, Rockville, MD (2007).
- British Pharmacopoeia (BP 2013), British Pharmacopoeia Commission, Market Towers, London (2013).
- R. A. Clare, D. S. Davies and T. A. Baillie, Biomed. Mass. Spectrom., 6, 31-37 (1979). https://doi.org/10.1002/bms.1200060108
- S. E. Jacobsson, S. Jonsson, C. Lindberg and L. A. Svensson, Biomed. Mass. Spectrom., 7, 265-268 (1980). https://doi.org/10.1002/bms.1200070608
- M. Caban, P. Stepnowski, M. Kwiatkowski, N. Migowska and J. Kumirska, J. Chromatogr. A., 1281, 8110-8122 (2011).
- V. L. Herring and J. A. Johnson, J. Chromatogr. B., 741, 307-312 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-4347(00)00107-9
- Y. Q. Xia, D. Q. Liu and R. Bakhtiar, Chirality, 14, 742-749 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1002/chir.10135
- T. Zhou, T. Zhao, Q. Cheng, S. Liu, L. Xu and W. Tan, Biomed. Chromatogr., 28, 994-1002 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1002/bmc.3107
- P. T. McCarthy, S. Atwal, A. P. Sykes and J. G. Ayres, Biomed. Chromatogr., 7, 25-28 (1993). https://doi.org/10.1002/bmc.1130070107
- K. H. Kim, H. J. Kim, S. P. Hong and S. D. Shin, Arch. Pharm. Res., 23(5), 441-445, (2000). https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02976568