- Volume 28 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A study on the development of analytical method for zinc pyrithione in cosmetics
화장품 중 zinc pyrithione 분석방법 개발에 대한 연구
- Jung, Jung-sul ;
- Bae, Kyeong-mi ;
- Son, Seung-hwan ;
- Park, Jung-woo ;
- Kim, Ji-hyun ;
- Hong, Sung-taeg ;
- Sun, Yle-shik
- Received : 2015.05.26
- Accepted : 2015.06.15
- Published : 2015.06.25
This study aims to develop a new analytical method to detect zinc pyrithione, the ingredient of cosmetics appointed as restricted ingredients and used as preservatives.. The analytical method was based on data gathered from the relevant literature. Information about the amounts of these ingredients was researched in order to select the base-matrix materials used to validate the analytical method. After selecting and preparing the base-matrix materials, the analytical method was validated by method validation procedures. The analytical method was verified first by inter-laboratory validation and then through analyzing the cosmetics sold in the market. Based on the results of this study, guidelines are proposed for the analysis of restricted ingredients in cosmetics, which will provide a method to test the cosmetics circulating in the Korean market. The use of the proposed guidelines will increase the quality of the cosmetics as well as the safety of human health, which will enhance the competitiveness of the Korean cosmetics industry and lead to an increase in the exportation of cosmetics.
zinc pyrithione;development of analytical method;preservative ingredients;method validation;cosmetic ingredients
- Ministry of Food and Drug Safety Guideline No. B2-2012-4-001(2012.01.01), Republic of Korea.
- Pharmaceutical and Food Safety Bureau, Ministry of Health, labour and Welfare Notification No. 1219-1(2011.12.19), Japan.
- US EPA method 3500C, Organic extraction and sample preparation, 2007.
- US EPA method 3550C, Ultrasonic extraction, 2007.
- V. A. SAKKAS & K. SHIBATA, Proceedings of the 10th International conference on environmental science and technology, B-731 (2007).
- B. L. KABACOFF, B. S. and C. M. FAIRCHILD, B. S., J. Soc. Cosmet. Chem., 26, 453-459 (1975).
- KS M 0033, General rules for analytical methods in high performance liquid chromatography, 2008.
- Ministry of Food and Drug Safety Guideline No. B1-2012-2-013(2012.09.19), Republic of Korea.
- Korean Agency for Technology and Standards Notification No. 2012-0084 (2012.02.17), Republic of Korea.
- Guide to the Expression of Uncertainty in Measurement, 1stEd., ISO, Switzerland, 1993.
- Report of the federal advisory committee on detection and quantitation approaches and uses in clean water act programs, US EPA, 2007.
Supported by : 식품의약품안전처