- Volume 28 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Study on the production of porous CuO/MnO2 using the mix proportioning method and their properties
반응몰비에 따른 다공성 CuO/MnO2의 제조 및 특성 연구
- Kim, W.G. (Korea Interfacial Science and Engineering Institute (KISEI)) ;
- Woo, D.S. (Korea Interfacial Science and Engineering Institute (KISEI)) ;
- Cho, N.J. (School of Energy, Materials & Chemical Engineering, Korea Univ. of Tech. & Edu.) ;
- Kim, Y.O. (Hyundai Engineering & Construction) ;
- Lee, H.S. (Korea Interfacial Science and Engineering Institute (KISEI))
- 김완규 ((재)한국계면공학연구소) ;
- 우달식 ((재)한국계면공학연구소) ;
- 조남준 (한국기술교육대학교 에너지신소재화학공학부) ;
- 김영오 (현대건설) ;
- 이학수 ((재)한국계면공학연구소)
- Received : 2015.04.13
- Accepted : 2015.05.30
- Published : 2015.06.25
In this study, the porous CuO/MnO2 catalyst was prepared through the co-precipitation process from an aqueous solution of potassium permanganate (KMnO4), manganese(II) acetate (Mn(CH3COO)2·4H2O) and copper(II) acetate (Cu(CH3COO)2·H2O). The phase change in MnO2 was analyzed according to the reaction molar ratio of KMnO4 to Mn(CH3COO)2. The reaction mole ratio of KMnO4 to Mn(CH3COO)2·4H2O was varied at 0.3:1, 0.6:1, and 1:1. The aqueous solution of Cu(CH3COO)2 was injected into a mixed solution of KMnO4 and Mn(CH3COO)2 to 10~75 wt% relative to MnO2. The Cu ion co-precipitates as CuO with MnO2 in a highly dispersed state on MnO2. The physicochemical property of the prepared CuO/MnO2 was analyzed by using the TGA, DSC, XRD, SEM, and BET. The different phase types of MnO2 were prepared according to the reaction mole ratio of KMnO4 to Mn(CH3COO)2·4H2O. The results confirmed that the porous CuO/MnO2 catalyst with γ-phase MnO2 was produced in the reaction mole ratio of KMnO4 to Mn(CH3COO)2 as 0.6:1 at room temperature.
- M. A. Palazzolo, ‘Control of industrial VOC emissions by catalytic incineration’, Research Triangle Park, NC, U. S. Environmental Protection Agency, 1985.
- H. C. Han, 'Study on the Treatment Characteristics of VOCs by Catalytic Combustion' Ph. D. Dissertation, Myongji University, Korea, Yong-in, 1994.
- G. Ramis, C. Yi, G. Busca, M. Turco, E. Kotur and R. J. Willy, Adsorption, J. Cat., 157(2), 523-535 (1995).
- Z. Zhu, Z. Liu, S. Liu and H. Nia, App. Cat. B: Environ., 30(3-4), 267-276 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0926-3373(00)00239-3
- Y. Li and J. N. Armor, App. Cat. B: Environ., 13(2), 131-139 (1997). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0926-3373(96)00098-7
- J. Y. Lee, S. B. Kim and S. C. Hong, Chemosphere, 50(8), 1115-1122 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0045-6535(02)00708-7
- S. S. Kim and S. C. Hong, T, J. Kor. Ind. Eng. Chem., 18, 255 (2007).
- T. Yamashita and A. Vannice, App. Cat. B: Environ., 13(2), 141-155 (1997). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0926-3373(96)00099-9
- S. C. Hong, Kor. Chem. Eng. Res., 43(2), 278-285 (2005).
- K, Waak and C. F. Warner, 'Air Pollution Its Origin and Control', Harper and Row, 1981.
- C. D. Cooper and F. C. Alley, 'Air Pollution Control : A Design Approach', Waveland Press, 1994.
- E. S. Cho and Y.-S. Park, Odor Res. and Eng., 8(2), 78-84 (2009).
- J. H. Lee and S. H. Kang, J. of Kor. Society of Water and Wastewater, 21(5), 621-629. (2007).
- E. C. Jeon, J. H. Sa, S. T. Kim, J. H. Hong and K. H. Kim, J. of Kor. Society Atmospheric Environ., 22(3), 337-351. (2006).
- B. J. Song, J.-E. Jeong, S.-Y. Jeong and J.-G. Won, J. Kor. Society of Waste Management, 21(2), 107-116. (2004).
- E. C. Moretti and N. Mukhopadhyay, Chem. Eng. Prog., July, 20-26 (1993).