- Volume 28 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effect of Green Manure Crops Incorporation for Reduction of Pythium zingiberum in Ginger Continuous Cultivation
생강연작재배지에서 Pythium zingiberum 경감을 위한 녹비작물 재배효과
- Received : 2014.10.06
- Accepted : 2015.04.10
- Published : 2015.04.30
This experiment was carried out to evaluate the effects of green manure crops on the changes of chemical properties and microorganisms in soil of continuous ginger cultivation. The biomass and nitrogen absorption of green manure crop were the highest in crimson clover. After cropping, soil phosphate content was the lowest in orchard grass, however, T-N content was the highest of hairy vetch > crimson clover > orchard grass. Also real-time PCR analysis was conducted to measure density of Pythium zingiberum in soil of before and after incorporation of green manure crop. Density of P. zingiberum was the lowest of all the green manures. In this results are summarized that green manure cropping reduced salt accumulation and density of P. zingiberum in continuous ginger cultivation.
Green manure;Continuous ginger cultivation;Pythium zingiberum;Salt accumulation;Soil microorganisms
- Chang, C.W. and H.E. Drenge. 1955. The effect of exchangeable sodium on soil properties on growth and cation content of alfalfa and cotton. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. Proc. 19:29-35. https://doi.org/10.2136/sssaj1955.03615995001900010007x
- Bernstein, L. 1975. Effects of salinity and sodicity on plant growth, Ann. Rev. of Phytopathology 13:295-312. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.py.13.090175.001455
- Carter, M.R. 2002. Soil quality for sustainable land management: organic matter and aggregation interaction that maintain soil functions. Agron. J. 94: 38-47. https://doi.org/10.2134/agronj2002.0038
- Cheng, H.H. 1990. Pesticides in the soil environment; precesses, impacts and medeling. Soil Sci. Soc. of America. pp. 429-466.
- Jeon, W.T., K.Y. Seong, M.T. Kim, I.S. Oh, B.S. Choi and U.G. Kang. 2011. Effect of biomass and N production by cultivation methods of Leguminous and Gramineae green mamure on rice growth in central regions of Korea. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 44(5):853-858. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2011.44.5.853
- Cho, K.R., C.S. Kang, T.J. Won and K.Y. Park. 2006. Effects of compressed expansion rice hull application and drip irrigation on the alleviation of salt accumulation in the plastic film house soil. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 39(6):327-379.
- Cho, J.Y., K.W. Han, J.K. Choi, Y.J. Kim and K.S. Yoon. 2002. N and P losses from a paddy field plot in central Korea. Soil Sci. Plant Nutr. 48:301-206. https://doi.org/10.1080/00380768.2002.10409205
- Jeon, W.T., K.Y. Seong, M.T. Kim, G.J. Oh I.S. Oh and U.G. Kang. 2010. Change of soil physical properties by glomalin concentration and rice yield using difference green manure crop in paddy. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 43(2):119-123.
- Jeon, W.T., K.Y. Seong, G.J. Oh, M.T. Kim, Y.H. Lee, U.G. Kang, H.B. Lee and H.W. Kang. 2012. Changes of biomass of green manure and rice growth and yield using leguminous crops and barley mixtures by cutting height at paddy. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 45:192-197. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2012.45.2.192
- Kim, C.G., J.H. Seo, H.S. Cho, S.H. Choi and S.J. Kim. 2002. Effect of hairy vetch as green manure on rice cultivation. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 35(3):169-174.
- Kim, E.S. and Y.H. Lee. 2011. Response of soil microbial communities to applications of green manures in paddy at an early rice-growing stage. Korean J. Soil. Sci. Fert. Vol. 44(2):221-227. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2011.44.2.221
- Kim, C.H., S.S. Yang and K.D. Hahn. 1998. Effect of soil disinfection, fungicide application, and narrow ridge cultivation on development of ginger rhizome rot caused by Pythium myriotylum in fields. Korean J. Plant Pathol. 14(3):253-259.
- Lee, Y.H. and S.T. Lee. Comparison of microbial community of orchard soils in gyeongnam province. Kor. J. Soil. Sci. Fert. 44:492-497.
- Kim, C.H., S.S. Yang and K.D. Hahn. 1997. Ecology of ginger rhizome rot development cased by Pythium myriotylum. Korean J. Plant Pathol. 13(3):184-190.
- Kjeldahl, J.Z. 1883. A new method for the determination of nitrogen in organic bodies. Analytical Chemistry 22:366. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01338151
- Lee, B.H., J.W. Ahn, D.Y. Hwang, S.H. Oh, J.H. Kim, S.Y. Kim, Y.C. Ku and Z.R. Choi. 2006. Growth characteristics of six rice cultivars under rice-chinese milk vetch (Astragulus sinicus L.) cropping system. Korean J. Crop Sci. 51:84-91.
- Munnecke, D.M., L.M. John, H.W. Talbot and S. Barik. 1982. Microbial metabolism and enzymology of selected pesricides: In Chakrabarty, A.M. (ed.), Biodegradation and Detoxication of Environmental Pollutants, CRC press, Boca Raton, FL (USA). 1-32.
- NIAST. 2000. Methods of soil and plant analysis. National Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology, RDA, Suwon, Korea.
- Pedersen, E.A. and G.R. Hughes. 1992. The effect of crop rotation on development of the septoria disease complex on spring wheat in SasKatchewan. Can. J. Plant Pathol. 14:152-158. https://doi.org/10.1080/07060669209500892
- Pollock, C., J. Pretty, I. Crute, C. Leaver and H. Dalton. 2008. Introduction sustainable agriculture. Philos Trans R. Soc. B. 363:445-446. https://doi.org/10.1098/rstb.2007.2193
- Sarantonio, M. and T.W. Scott. 1988. Tillage effects on availability of nitrogen to corn following a winter green manure crop. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. 52:1661-1668. https://doi.org/10.2136/sssaj1988.03615995005200060029x
- Scholte, K. 1987. The effect of crop rotation and granular nematicides on the incidence of Rhizoctonia solani in Potato. Potato Res. 30:187-199. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02357662
- Takada, H.Y. and N. Matsumoto. 2004. “An improved DNA extraction method using skim milk from soils that strongly adsorb DNA”. Microbes Environ. 19:13-19. https://doi.org/10.1264/jsme2.19.13
- Sohn, B.K., J.S. Cho, D.J. Lee, Y.J. Kim, S.Y. Jin and G.S. Cha. 2004. Paddy rice growth and yield as affected by incorporation of green barley and chinese milk vech. J. Korean Soc. Soil Sci. Fert. 37:156-164.
- Suh, J.S. 1998. Soil microbiology. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 31(S):76-89.
- Tang, J., B. Zhang, C. Gao and H. Zepp. 2008. Hydrological pathway and source area of nutrient losses identified by a multi-scale monitoring in an agricultural catchment. Catena 72:374-385. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.catena.2007.07.004
- Tate, R. L. 1995. Soil microbiology. Energy Transformations and Metabolic Activities of Soil Microbes. John Wiley & Sons Inc. New York (USA). pp. 64-92.
- Tyurin, I.V. 1931. A new modification of the volumetric method of determining soil 344 organic matter by means of chromic acid. Pochvovedenie 5(6):36-47.
- Zhao, J., Q. Luo, H. Deng and Y. Yan. 2008. Opportunities and challenges of sustainable agricultural development in China. Philos Trans R. Soc. B. 363:893-904. https://doi.org/10.1098/rstb.2007.2190
- 심형권, 이두구, 이용훈. 2000. 생강뿌리썩음병 생리생태 및 방제연구. 호남농업시험장 시험연구보고서 pp. 367-379.
- 조성진, 박천서, 엄대익. 2003. 토양학. 향문사. 서울. pp. 137-143.
- 한국식물 병리학회. 1998. 한국식물병명목록. 제 3판. p. 436.
- Suppression of Rhizome Rot in Organically Cultivated Ginger Using Integrated Pest Management vol.21, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2015.21.3.215