- Volume 13 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Study on Economy Effects of ICT Industry on Transportation Industry -For Convergence of ICT and Transportation-
정보통신산업이 운송산업에 미치는 경제적 효과에 관한 연구 -정보통신과 운송의 융합을 위한-
- Shin, Yong-Jae (School of Business, Sogang University) ;
- Choi, Sung-Wook (Dept. of Management Information Systems, Sahmyook University)
- Received : 2015.06.28
- Accepted : 2015.08.20
- Published : 2015.08.28
This study investigates effects of hardware and telecommunication and software service divided by ICT service on each 5 transportations to explore convergence of ICT and Transportation. Research models are production inducing effects, Added Value inducing effects of Demand-Driven model and Shortage cost effects of Supply-Driven model by using data for 2010~2012 of Input-Output Table. Results are that network and software service effects are more impact than hardware effects on transportations. Especially, hardware is impacted heavily on production inducing effect, telecommunications and software services has had a significant impact on the production inducing effect and Shortage cost effects. In addition, by each detail the transportation industries, packages and other transport and road transport is influenced greatly from ICT. On the other hand, rail and water transport are relatively lower impact by ICT, However, the effects of rail and water transport by ICT is grater than investment ratio of ICT. As a result, increasing investment in the ICT services could contribute to development of rail and water transport development.
- Bae, K.H., "The Analysis of Economic Effects of Logistics Industry by Input-Output Table", Korea Logistics Review, Vo1.18, No.1, pp.159-178, 2008.
- Choi, J., Ryu. J.H., "New Growth Power, Economic Effect Analysis of Software Industry", Journal of Information Technology Applications & Management, Vol. 21, No.4, pp. 381-401, 2014.
- Choi, S.W., Shin, Y.J., "Economy Effects of IT Industry on Financial and Insurance Services", The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 13, No.1, pp. 191-203, 2015.
- Choi, Y.Y., Ha H.K., "The Role of the Logistics Industry in the Korean National Economy: An Input-Output Analysis", Korean Journal of Logistics, Vol. 16, No.2, pp. 81-103, 2008.
- Chung H. D. Lee, S.H. "A Study of the Spill-over Effect of Logistics Industry", Korea Logistics Review, Vol.21, No.1, pp. 131-153, 2011.
- Heo J. Y. .Yoo, S. H., Kwak S. J. "The Role of the IT Industry in the Korean National Economy: an Input-Out Analysis", Journal of Industrial Economics and Business, Vol.21, No.2, pp. 483-500, 2008.
- Jeong, V. Shim, J., "An Analysis of the Economic Effects of Marine Transport and Port Industry, Journal of Korea Port Economic Association, Vol.27, No.3, pp. 311-329, 2011.
- Kim, D., "Economic Impacts of Information and Communications Technology Industry In Korea Using Input-Output Tables", Journal of the Korean Operations Research and Management Science Society, Vol. 32, No. 3, pp.81-96, 2007.
- Lee, M.K., "A Study on the Economic Impacts of Transportation Modes Using Input-output Analysis", Ocean Policy Research, Vol. 27. No.2, pp.55-91, 2013.
- Lee S.C., Yoo, J.G., Han, W.Y., "A Study of Economic Value Estimation of Korea Railroad Industry", 2004 Spring Conference of The Korean Society for Railway, pp.48-55, 2004.
- Lim, B.J., "An Empirical Study on the Mutual Influence between Stock Prices Index of Transport Industry in the Korea and Stock Prices Index of Transport Industry in the Japan, The Japanese Modern Association of Korea, No.44, pp. 471-488, 2014.
- Lim, E.S., "A Comparative Study on Economic Effects of Transport Industry- Focused on Road, Rail, Water, Air Transport Sector -", Traffic Research, Vol.17, No.2, pp. 61-71, 2010.
- Miller R. E., & Blair P. D. (1985). Input-Output Analysis: Foundations and Extensions, Prentice-Hall.
- The Bank of Korea, "Input-Output Analysis", 2007.
- The Bank of Korea, Input-Output Table 2011, 2014.