- Volume 39 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Accelerated Life Testing and Validity Evaluation of Finger Strips Used for Electromagnetic Shielding Doors
전자파 차폐 도어용 핑거 스트립의 가속수명시험 및 유효성 평가
- Lee, Joo Hong (Reliability Assessment Center, Korea Institute of Machinery & Materials) ;
- Kim, Do Sik (Reliability Assessment Center, Korea Institute of Machinery & Materials) ;
- Chang, Mu Seong (Reliability Assessment Center, Korea Institute of Machinery & Materials) ;
- Cho, Hae Yong (Dept. of Mechanical Eng., Chungbuk Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2015.02.09
- Accepted : 2015.07.16
- Published : 2015.09.01
Many persons and electronic devices are exposed to electromagnetic (EM) waves generated from magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) equipment, EM pulses (EMPs), and many other kinds of EM wave devices. Finger strips are used to provide shielding from these EM waves. Because of the high thermal conductivity of finger strips, they are used in the design of specialized doors that are installed in shielded rooms. In this study, we perform an accelerated life test using the load acceleration stress, which affects the main failure mode of finger strips. We predict the life of the finger strip under normal usage conditions based on the results of the accelerated life test. We compare the results with those predicted from the life test under normal usage conditions to evaluate the validity of accelerated life testing.
Finger Strip;Accelerated Life Test;
- Seo, M. J., Chi, S. W., Kim, Y. J., Park, W. C., Kang, H. J. and Huh, C. S., 2014, "Electromagnetic Wave Shielding Effectiveness Measurement Method of EMP Protection Facility," The Journal of Korean Institute of Electromagnetic Engineering Science. Vol.25, No.5, pp. 548-558. https://doi.org/10.5515/KJKIEES.2014.25.5.548
- Park, S. S., Hwang, K. B., Kim, J. B. and Kim, J. H., 2010, "Investigation of Deep Drawability and Product Qualities of Ultra Thin Beryllium Copper Sheet Metal," Transactions of Materials Processing, Vol.19, No.3, pp. 179-184. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSPP.2010.19.3.179
- Heinz P. Bloch and Fred K. Geitner, Machinery Failure Analysis and Troubleshooting, Gulf Professional Pub, 3rd edition, Vol. 2.
- Jeong, H. S., 2007, "A Study on Optimal of Accelerated Life Tests," International Research of Reliability Application, Vol.7, No.2, pp. 57-72.
- Lee, G. H., Kim, H. E. and Kang, B. S., 2003, "Development of Accelerated Life Test Method for Mechanical Components Using Weibull-IPL(Inverse Power Law) Model," Proceedings of the 2003 KSME Spring Conference, pp. 445-450.
- Kim, D. S. and Sung, B. J., 2014, "Accelerated Life Evaluation of Propeller Shaft for Forklift Truck," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 38, No. 11, pp. 1221-1229. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2014.38.11.1221
- Reliability Assessment Criteria, 2013, "Electromagnetic Shielding Doorsets," RS-KIMM-2013-0195.