- Volume 39 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Estimation of Transient Creep C(t)-integrals for SE(B) Specimen Under Elastic-Plastic-Creep Conditions
탄성-소성-크리프 상태에서 SE(B) 시편의 천이크리프 C(t)-적분 평가
- Lee, Han-Sang (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Korea Univ.) ;
- Je, Jin-Ho (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Korea Univ.) ;
- Kim, Dong-Jun (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Korea Univ.) ;
- Kim, Yun-Jae (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Korea Univ.)
- Received : 2015.04.23
- Accepted : 2015.06.24
- Published : 2015.09.01
In this paper, we estimate the time-dependent C(t) integrals under elastic-plastic-creep conditions. Finite-element (FE) transient creep analyses have been performed for single-edge-notched-bend (SEB) specimens. We investigate the effect of the initial plasticity on the transient creep by systematically varying the magnitude of the initial step load. We consider both the same stress exponent and different stress exponents in the power-law creep and plasticity to elastic-plastic-creep behavior. To estimate the C(t) integrals, we compare the FE analysis results with those obtained using formulas. In this paper, we propose a modified equation to predict the C(t) integrals for the case of creep exponents that are different from the plastic exponent.
Elastic-plastic-creep;C-integrals;Transient Creep;FE Analysis;SEB Specimen
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Riedel, H., 1987, Fracture at High Temperature, Springer-Verlag, Berlin.
- Ainsworth, R. A., 1982, "Some Observations on Creep Crack Growth," International Journal of Fracture Mechanics, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 147-159. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01141263
- Ainsworth, R. A. and Budden, P. J., 1990, "Crack Tip Fields Under Non-Steady Creep Conditions-I. Estimates of the Amplitudes of the Fields," Fatigue & Fracture of Engineering Materials & Structures, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 263-276. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1460-2695.1990.tb00598.x
- Joch, J. and Ainsworth, R. A., 1992, "The Effect of Geometry on the Development of Creep Singular Fields for Defects Under Step-Load Controlled Loading," Fatigue & Fracture of Engineering Materials & Structures, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 229-240. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1460-2695.1992.tb01266.x
- Fujioka, T. and Ainsworth, R. A., 2000, "A Simplified Estimation Method of a Crack Propagation Parameter in Non-Steady Creep," ASME PVP Conference, Seattle, Vol. 412, pp. 75-81.
- Kim, Y. J., Dean, D. W. and Budden, P. J., 2001, "Finite Element Analysis to Assess the Effect of Initial Plasticity on Transient Creep for Defects Under Mechanical Loading," International Journal of Pressure Vessels and Piping, Vol. 78, No. 11-12, pp. 1021-1029. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0308-0161(01)00119-3
- Webster, G. A. and Ainsworth, R. A., 1994, High Temperature Component Life Assessment, CHAPMAN&HALL, UK.
- ABAQUS version 6. 13., 2013, User's Manual, Inc. and Dassault Systems.
- Kim, Y. J., 1999, "Evaluation of Time Dependent Contour Integrals (J and C) in Creep: Comparison of ABAQUS and BERSAFE Results," British Energy Generation LTd, Report EPD/GEN/REP/0500/99.
- Ehlers, R. and Riedel, H., 1981, "A Finite Element Analysis of Creep Deformation in a Specimen Containing a Macroscopic Crack," ICF5, France, Vol. 2, pp. 691-708.
- Hutchinson, J. W., 1968, "Singular Behavior at the End of a Tensile Crack Tip in a Hardening Material," Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, Vol. 16, pp. 13-31. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-5096(68)90014-8
- Rice, J. R. and Rosengren, G. F., 1968, "Plane Strain Deformation near a Crack Tip in a Power-Law Hardening Material," Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, Vol. 16, pp. 1-12. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-5096(68)90013-6
- Riedel, H. and Rice, J. R., 1980, "Tensile Cracks in Creeping Solids," American Society for Testing and Materials, Philadelphia, pp. 112-130.
- Han, J. J., Kim, Y. J., Jerng, D. W., Nikbin, K. and Dean, D., 2014, "Quantification of Creep Stresses Within HAZ in Welded Branch Juctions," Fatigue & Fracture of Engineering Materials & Structures, Vol. 38, No. 1, pp. 113-124.