- Volume 39 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Lateral Position Measurement System for Precision Alignment of Roll-to-Roll Printing Using Alignment Patterns and Quantity of Light
정렬패턴과 광량을 이용한 롤투롤 인쇄전자공정의 횡 방향 웹 위치 측정 시스템
- Jung, Minkyu (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kim, Hyungi (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Oh, Dongho (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2015.03.17
- Accepted : 2015.07.28
- Published : 2015.09.01
Printed electronics is a technology that produces electronic devices and circuits by printing functional ink on a web, which is a film-like flexible material. This technology is suitable for large-scale and high-speed mass production, and is a next-generation process technology that can fabricate electronic devices from flexible materials. As precise measurement of the positions of the web is required in order to commercialize such a printed electronics process, a measurement system with an optical encoder with a precision of micrometers had been proposed in the preceding research of this study. However, the lateral positions of the web could not be measured in the preceding research as the phenomenon of the entire web being moved in the lateral direction could not be detected. In this study, a measurement system that utilizes the differences in the amount of light reflected from the alignment patterns depending on the web positions in the lateral direction was proposed for measuring the lateral positions of the web. In addition, its reliability was verified and then the effect when measuring printed alignment patterns was analyzed by experiments.
Printed Electronics;Roll-to-roll Printing;Alignment Patterns;Quantity of Light;Web Position Measurement
- Shin K. H., 2006, "Roll to Roll Technology for Display Manufacturing," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 45, No.12, pp. 62-66.
- Kim, D. S. and Lee, T. M., 2006, "Technical Trend of Printed Electro-Mechanical System," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 46, No. 12, pp. 38-41.
- Kim, C. H., Lee, Y. S., Kim, Y. K., Kim, D. S. and Choi, B. O., 2007, "Characteristics of Resonant Frequency of Printed RFID Tag Antenna," KSME International Conference, pp. 228-230.
- Oh. D., 2013, "Method and Apparatus for Providing Precise Printing Using Linear Encoder," Korea Patent, No. 10-1294358.
- Seo, Y., Kim, Y. M. and Oh, D., 2012, "Alignment Patterns and Position Measurement System for Precision Alignment of Roll-to-Roll Printing" Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 36, No.12, pp. 1563-1568. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2012.36.12.1563
- Seo, Y., Kim, Y. M. and Oh, D., 2013, "A Position Measurement System for Precision Alignment of Roll-to-Roll Printing and Sensitivity Analysis of Thermal Deformation," Microsystem Technologies-Micro and Nanosystems-Information Storage and Processing Systems, Vol.19(9), pp. 1548-1549.