- Volume 39 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Study on Computational Simulation of a Metro Collision Accident and Improvement of Passive Safety
도시철도 충돌사고 시뮬레이션 및 충돌안전도 개선방안 연구
- Jung, Hyun Seung (Railroad Safety Research Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Son, Seung Wan (Railroad Safety Research Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Kwon, Tae Soo (Railroad Safety Research Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Jin Sung (Railroad Safety Research Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute)
- 정현승 (한국철도기술연구원 철도안전연구실) ;
- 손승완 (한국철도기술연구원 철도안전연구실) ;
- 권태수 (한국철도기술연구원 철도안전연구실) ;
- 김진성 (한국철도기술연구원 철도안전연구실)
- Received : 2015.04.09
- Accepted : 2015.06.16
- Published : 2015.09.01
In this study, we simulate the railway crash accident that occurred at the Sangwangsimni station on the Seoul Metro Line #2, and we propose a solution to minimize the damage. We use LS-DYNA, which is the commercial software employed for collision analysis to perform 1-D and 3-D simulations for the recurrence of accidents. By performing 1-D simulations, we analyze the load, displacement, absorbed energy of the couplers, and acceleration of vehicles, and we evaluate the safety in accidental collisions. By performing 3-D simulations, we analyze the deformation of the car and over-ridding. We propose methods to improve the safety in collisions involving railway vehicles, and we perform collision accident simulations to determine improvements when applying a high-performance energy absorber to the front car.
Passive Safety;Metro Train;Collision Accident;Simulation
- Achieved at araib.molit.go.kr
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, 2007, "Rolling Stock Safety Regulation," Notification No. 2007-278 of the MLTM
- European Committee for Standardization, 2010, "The European Standard EN15227 : Railway Applications-Crashworthiness Requirement for Railway Vehicle Bodies,"
- Maeng, H.Y., Kim, J.S. and Park, Y.I., 2013, "Collision Simulation for the Coupler System of Rolling Stock," Journal of the Korean Society for Manufacturing Technology Engineers, Vol. 22, No. 3-1, pp. 566-572. https://doi.org/10.7735/ksmte.2013.22.3.566
- Lee, H.C. and Koo, J.S., 2009, "Crashworthiness Analysis of the Urban Maglev Vehicle According to Korean Railway Safety Law and Urban Transit Safety Law," Trans. Korean Soc. Auto. Eng., Vol. 17, No. 5, pp. 115-126.
- Kim, G.Y., Koo, J.S. and Kwon, T.S., 2011, "Study on a 2-Dimensional Dynamic Modeling Technique to Analyze the Overriding Phenomena of Rolling Stock," Journal of Korean Soc. Railway, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 11-18. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2011.14.1.11
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, 2014, Report of Seoul Metro 2nd line EMU Crash Accident, Report No. ARAIB/R 2014-8.
- Jung, H. S., Kwon, T.S. and Koo, J.S., 2006, "A Study on Rolling Stock Shunting Impact Analysis Using LS-DYNA," The Korean Society of Railway spring conference, pp. 25-30.