- Volume 39 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Basic Study of Evaporative Characteristics of Emulsified Fuels
에멀젼연료 증발특성에 관한 기초 연구
- Yeom, Jeong Kuk (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Dong-A Univ.) ;
- Yoon, Jeong Hwan (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Dong-A Univ.)
- Received : 2015.02.23
- Accepted : 2015.06.16
- Published : 2015.09.01
The goal of this study is to consider the application of alternative blended fuel to diesel engine. In this study, as the test fuels, we use a blended fuel mix of diesel and hydrogen peroxide. As the primary variable, we vary the mixing ratio of diesel and hydrogen peroxide in the experimental and numerical analysis. We perform an evaporative behavior characteristics analysis of the emulsified fuel using the Schlieren method. The numerical analysis was carried out based on results obtained from the experimental analysis using the commercial code(ANSYS CFX). Consequently, we found that the micro-explosion depends on the fraction of hydrogen peroxide, and we propose a numerical method for the quantitative evaporation analysis of emulsified fuel droplets using the calculation of the volume fraction in the oil domain.
Diesel Engine;Emulsified Fuel;Mixing Ratio;Oil in Water;Water in Oil
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Yeom, J. K., 2011, "Basic Experimental Study on the Application of Biofuel to a Diesel Engine," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. B, Vol. 35, No. 11, pp. 1163-1168. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2011.35.11.1163
- No, S. Y., 2009, Bioenergy Engineering, ABCNURI, Chungbuk National University, pp. 47-60.
- Park, J. K., Oh, J. M., Kim, H. I., Lee, C. H. and Lee, K. H., 2012, "Combustion Characteristics of MDO and MDO Emulsion in Automotive Diesel Engine," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. B, Vol. 36, No. 9, pp. 954-951.
- Kim, M. C. and Lee, C. S., 2008, "It's Effects for Engine Emission of Water/Oil Emulsified Fuel," Journal of Korean Society of Analytical Science, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 159-166.
- Watanabe, H. and Okazaki, K., 2013, "Visualization of Secondary Atomization in Emulsified-fuel Spray Flow by Shadow Imaging," Proceedings of the Combustion Institute, Vol. 34, pp. 1651-1658. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proci.2012.07.005
- Kim, C. J., Kim, D. K. and Park, K. H., 2013, "Burner Combustion Characteristics of Hybrid Type Water Mixing Emulsion Fuel," Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineering, Vol. 37, No. 4, pp. 308-315. https://doi.org/10.5916/jkosme.2013.37.4.308
- Yeom, J. K. and Yoon, J. H., 2015, "Study of Behavior Characteristics of Emulsified Fuels with Evaporative Field," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. B, Vol. 39, No. 3, pp. 237-243. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2015.39.3.237