- Volume 39 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Experimental Verification of Characteristics of Magnetic Abrasive Polishing Combined with Ultrasonic Vibration
실험계획법에 의한 초음파가 부가된 자기연마가공의 특성평가
- Jin, Dong-Hyun (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Pukyung Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kwak, Jae-Seob (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Pukyung Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2015.01.15
- Accepted : 2015.04.13
- Published : 2015.09.01
In this paper, we propose an ultrasonic magnetic abrasive polishing (US-MAP) technique to effectively machine a high-strength material, and we prove the efficiency of hybrid finishing. We use Taguchi's experimental method to determine the influence of each parameter. Based on the results, US-MAP exhibited a higher polishing efficiency than traditional MAP, and a suitable frequency for hybrid finishing was 28 kHz. When investigating the effect of the parameters on the surface roughness, the ultrasonic amplitude had the greatest effect. However, when machining with
Magnetic Abrasive Polishing;Ultrasonic Machining;Taguchi Method;Design of Experiment
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Kang, I. S., Kang, M. C., Kim, J. S., Kim, K. H. and Seo, Y. W., 2003, "A Study on the Ultrasonic Machining Characteristics of Alumina Ceramics," Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Process Engineers, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 32-38.
- Moon, H. H., Park, B. G., Lee, C. H. and Kim, S. C., 2003, "A Study on the Surface Roughness of Ceramics According to Ultrasonic Polishing," Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Process Engineers, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 15-21.
- Kwak, J. S., 2009, "Enhanced Magnetic Abrasive Polishing of Non-ferrous Metals utilizing a Permanent Magnet," International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol. 49, No. 7-8, pp. 613-618. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmachtools.2009.01.013
- Kim, J. D. and Choi, M. S., 1997, "Study on Magnetic Polishing of Free-form Surface," International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol. 37, No. 8, pp. 1179-1187. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0890-6955(95)00078-X
- Kim, S. O. and Kwak, J. S., 2008, "Magnetic Force Improvement and Parameter Optimization for Magnetic Abrasive Polishing of AZ31 Magnesium Alloy," Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 369-373. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1003-6326(10)60234-8
- Suzuki, H., Hamada, S., Okino, T., Kondo, M., Yamagata, Y. and Higuchi, T., 2010, "Ultraprecision Finishing of Micro-aspheric Surface by Ultrasonic Two-axis Vibration Assisted Polishing," International Journal of the College International pour la Recherche en Productique, Vol. 59, pp. 347-350.
- Jung, M. W., Kwak, T. S., Kim, M. K. and Kim, G. H., 2014, "Effects of Ultrasonic Vibration on Machined Surface of Aluminium 6061 in Endmill Cutting Process," Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Process Engineers, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 96-102. https://doi.org/10.14775/ksmpe.2014.13.3.096
- Kwak, T. S., Jung, M. W., Kim, G. H. and Kwak, I. S., 2013, "The Effect of Ultrasonic Vibration Table on ELID Grinding Process of Aluminium Nitride Ceramics," Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineers, Vol. 30, No. 12, pp. 1237-1243. https://doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2013.30.12.1237
- Park, S. J., Ahn, B. W. and Lee, S. J., 2004, "Nano-scale Precision Polishing Characteristics using a Micro Quill and Magnetic Chain Structure," Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineers, Vol. 21, No. 8, pp. 34-42.