- Volume 39 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Derivation of Nacelle Transfer Function Using LiDAR Measurement
라이다(LiDAR) 측정을 이용한 나셀전달함수의 유도
- Kim, Hyun-Goo (New-Renewable Energy Resource Center, Korea Institute of Energy Research) ;
- Kang, Yong-Heack (New-Renewable Energy Resource Center, Korea Institute of Energy Research) ;
- Yun, Chang-Yeol (New-Renewable Energy Resource Center, Korea Institute of Energy Research)
- Received : 2015.02.27
- Accepted : 2015.07.15
- Published : 2015.09.01
Nacelle anemometers are mounted on wind-turbine nacelles behind blade roots to measure the free-stream wind speed projected onto the wind turbine for control purposes. However, nacelle anemometers measure the transformed wind speed that is due to the wake effect caused by the blades' rotation and the nacelle geometry, etc. In this paper, we derive the Nacelle Transfer Function (NTF) to calibrate the nacelle wind speed to the free-stream wind speed, as required to carry out the performance test of wind turbines according to the IEC 61400-12-2 Wind-Turbine Standard. For the reference free-stream wind data, we use the Light Detection And Ranging (LiDAR) measurement at the Shinan wind power plant located on the Bigeumdo Island shoreline. To improve the simple linear regression NTF, we derive the multiple nonlinear regression NTF. The standard error of the wind speed was found to have decreased by a factor of 9.4, whereas the mean of the power-output residual distribution decreased by 6.5 when the 2-parameter NTF was used instead of the 1-parameter NTF.
Nacelle Transfer Function(NTF);Nacelle Anemometer;Wind Turbine;LiDAR(Light Detection And Ranging);Multiple regression analysis
Supported by : 한국에너지기술연구원
- International Electrotechnical Commission (IEA), 2008, WIND TURBINES - Part 12-2: Power Performance of Electricity Producing Wind Turbines Based on Nacelle Anemometry, IEC 61400-12-2.
- Antonius, I. and Pedersen, T.F., 1997, Nacelle Anemometry on a 1MW Wind Turbine: Comparing the Power Performance Results by Use of the Nacelle or Mast Anemometer, Rosie-R-941(EN), Risoe National Laboratory, Denmark.
- Hunter, R., Pedersen, T. F., Dunbabin, P., Antoniou, I., Frandsen, S., Klug, H., Albers, A. and Lee. W. K., 2001, European Wind Turbine Testing Procedure Developments, Task 1: Measurement Method to Verify Wind Turbine Performance Characteristics, Riso-R-1209(EN), Risoe National Laboratory, Denmark.
- Smith, B., Link, H., Randall, G. and McCoy, T., 2002, Applicability of Nacelle Anemometer Measurements for Use in Turbine Power Performance Tests, NREL/CP-500-32494, National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), USA.
- Kim, H. W. 2013, Wind Turbine Power Performance Testing Using Nacelle Transfer Function and Uncertainty Analysis, M.S. Thesis, Multidisciplinary Graduate School, Jeju National University, Korea.
- Ziter, B., 2010, Alternative Methods Of Estimating Hub-Height Wind Speed For Small Wind Turbine Performance Evaluation, M.S. Thesis, Dept. of Applied Science, The University of Guelph, Canada.
- Kim, S. S. and Park, S. W., 2012, "Evaluation of Power Performance by Anemometer on Wind Turbine Generator System," J. of Sensor Science and Technology, Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 303-310. https://doi.org/10.5369/JSST.2012.21.4.303
- Siebers, T., Kooijman, H. J. and Rogers, D., 2008, Anemometer Calibration Method and Wind Turbine, US Patent, US 2008/0307853 A1, General Electric.
- Kim, K. H., Shon, C. H., Ha, I. C. and Lee, J. S., 2012, System and Method for Compensation Nacelle Wind Velocity of Wind Turbine, Korea Patent, 10-1215503, Samsung Heavy Industry.
- Kim, H. G., 2014, Method of Calibration of Nacelle Anemometer using LiDAR Measurements, Korea Patent, 10-1383792, Korea Institute of Energy Research.
- Kim, H. G., Ahn, H. J., Yang, S. J., Park, W. J. and Kim, S. W., 2013, "Calibration Equation for Nacelle Anemometer Derived by LIDAR Measurements," J. of New & Renewable Energy, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 12-16. https://doi.org/10.7849/ksnre.2013.9.1.012
- Kim, H. G. and Kang, Y. H., 2012, "The 2010 Wind Resource Map of the Korean Peninsula," J. of Wind Engineering Institute of Korea, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 167-172.