- Volume 39 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Performance Improvement of Hot-Air Dryer Through Optimum Round-Hole Plate
최적의 타공판을 통한 열풍건조로 성능향상 연구
- Seo, Eung Soo (School of Mechanical Engineering, Yeungnam Univ.) ;
- Kim, Yongsik (School of Mechanical Engineering, Yeungnam Univ.) ;
- Hwang, Joong Kook (Dept. of Convergence Science and Technology, Dong-a Univ.) ;
- Chai, Young Suck (School of Mechanical Engineering, Yeungnam Univ.) ;
- Shim, Jaesool (School of Mechanical Engineering, Yeungnam Univ.)
- 서응수 (영남대학교 기계공학부) ;
- 김용식 (영남대학교 기계공학부) ;
- 황중국 (동아대학교 융합과학기술학과) ;
- 채영석 (영남대학교 기계공학부) ;
- 심재술 (영남대학교 기계공학부)
- Received : 2015.03.27
- Accepted : 2015.05.18
- Published : 2015.09.01
The homogeneous coating of a flexible film that is applied to dye-sensitized solar cells is related to the performance and durability of the product. The applied coating is obtained from the uniform temperature distribution and the mass flow rate in the nozzle of the hot air dryer. In this study, we determine the uniform temperature distribution and mass flow rate of each nozzle by performing numerical simulations to understand how various factors affect the performance of the hot air dryer. The numerical model is composed of the momentum equation for flow motion and the energy equation for temperature. In addition, we compare the numerical results to the experimental results to validate the model. Based on the results, the round-hole plate inside the hot air dryer significantly affects the uniform temperature and the mass flow rate.
Computational Fluid Dynamics;Hot Air Dryer;Temperature Distribution;Mass Flow Rate;Round-Hole Plate
Supported by : 중소기업청
- Mujumdar, A. S., 1987, "Handbook of Industrial Drying," Marcel Dekker, Inc.
- Strawinski, A., 1991, "Analysis of Paper Dryers Heat Consumption," Drying'91, pp. 567-590.
- Stubbing, T. J., 1993, "Airless Drying: It's Invention, Method and Applications," Trans IchemE, Vol.71, Part A, pp. 488-495.
- Kim, M.B., 1997, "Technology Status and Outlook for Domestic Dryers," KICHE, Vol.15, No.5, pp.398-403.
- Kim, D.K., Kum, J.S., Kim, J.R., Kim, S.J., Chung, Y.H., Kim, D.K. and Kong, K.B., 2008, "Economic Evaluation Through Thermal Efficiency Elevation in Hot Air Drying Tower," KSFME, Jour. Fish. Mar. Sci. Edu., Vol.20, No.3, pp.500-507.
- Kang, W.J. and Hwang, J., 2009, "Study on CFD Analysis of Dying Plant with Rotary Kiln Type for Eco-Industrial Park," Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Process Engineers, Vol.8, No.4, pp.61-68.
- Hong, S.C., Lee, J.H. and Jung, G.Y., 2009, "A Study on the Drying Characteristics of Conductive Ink by oven Drying System and the Hot-air Drying System," Proceedings of the SAREK, pp.1429-1434.
- Kim, Y.M., Hong, S.C. and Lee, J.H., 2010, "An Experimental Study on the Drying and Curing Characteristics of Conductive Metallic Ink Using Combined IR and Hot Air Type in the Roll-to-Roll System," Journal of the Semiconductor & Display Technology, Vol. 9, No.2, pp. 73-78
- Seo, Y.H., Chang, Y.B. and Kim, C.W., 2010, "Analysis on Aerodynamic Characteristics of Drying Process in R2R Printed Electronics," Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering, Vol.27, No.3, pp.95-103.
- Kim, S., Cho, S.W., Park, E.G. and Lee, K.B., 2013, "Geometric Optimization of Industrial Dryer for Reduction of Energy Consumption," Proceedings of the Korean Society of Precision Engineering Conference, Vol. 13, pp.1521-1522.