- Volume 11 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Infant Parents' Marital Satisfaction and Their Family Environment Focused on Employment Status
영아기 자녀를 둔 부모의 결혼만족도 및 가정환경 탐색 - 취업여부를 중심으로
- Received : 2015.05.22
- Accepted : 2015.07.25
- Published : 2015.08.30
This study explored the effect of mother's employment status on family environment and physical environment and psychological environment, the main concern of this which factors have effects on marital satisfactions of either employed or non-employed mothers. First, the result of analysis on family environment according to mothers' employment status shows non-employed mother's parental stress is higher than employed mother's. Besides, non-employed mother's self-esteem is lower than employed mother's, and non-employed mother's depression is significantly high. Concerning fathers' factors, the level of conflict between husband and wife is higher among husbands when their wives are employed. In the light of childrens' factors, non-employed mothers consider that their children display more negative emotion and more picky. Children's development of employed mothers is included in normal development range more than that of non-employed mothers. Second, conflict between husbands and wives have an significantly negative effect on marital satisfaction regardless wife's employment status. Husbands' cooperation in child-rearing and marital satisfaction have a positive effect on wives' marital satisfaction. The significant factor which influences on employed mother's marital satisfaction is education level of wives. This study would be meaningful in that infancy home environment was compared focusing on the mothers' employment status, and some factors which factors(variables) have impacts on marital satisfaction of infancy mothers were examined.
family environment;parenting participation;marital satisfaction;self-efficacy;depression
- 마경희 (2004). 맞벌이 부부의 가사노동 분담(영향요인과 부부관계에 미치는 효과). 한국사회학회 심포지엄 논문집, 119-144.
- 손문금 (2005). 여성의 이중부담과 유급노동시간의 주변화-맞벌이부부를 중심으로. 한국인구학, 28(1), 277-311.
- 유계숙 (2010). 맞벌이부부의 가사분담이 부인의 일-가족 전이와 결혼생활만족도에 미치는 영향. 아시아여성연구, 49(1), 41-69.
- 유계숙, 강수향, 오아림, 이주현 (2011). 맞벌이 부부의 가사분담이 남편과 부인의 결혼만족도에 미치는 영향. 한국가족자원경영학회지, 15(1), 117-136.
- 윤지원, 황라일, 조헌하 (2009). 미취학 자녀를 둔 어머니의 취업여부에 따른 양육스트레스와 관련요인. 여성건강간호학회지, 15(4), 294-302.
- 이재열 (1996). 여성의 생산노동과 재생산노동의 상호연관성이 취업에 미치는 영향에 관한 경험적 연구. 한국인구학, 19(1), 5-44.
- 정진화, 이경희 (2008). 기혼여성의 취업과 고등학생 자녀의 진로에 대한 시간투자. 노동경제논집, 31(1), 135-162.
- 조숙, 정혜정, 이주연 (2015). 취업모와 비취업모의 모성이데올로기 인식과 양육스트레스 및 결혼만족도의 관계. 한국가족관계학회지, 20(1), 25-49.
- 조흥식, 김인숙, 김혜란, 김혜련, 신은주 (2006). 가족복지학. 서울: 학지사
- 채로, 이기영 (2004). 맞벌이부부의 가사노동시간과 생활만족도에 관한 연구. 한국가정관리학회지, 22(5), 265-281.
- 최형재 (2008). 자녀교육과 기혼여성의 노동공급. 한국국제경제연구, 577-597.
- 최효식, 연은모, 윤영, 홍윤정 (2014). 영유아기 자녀를 둔 어머니의 취업유무에 따른 결혼만족도와 양육태도 간의 관계. 한국영유아보육학, 84, 57-84.
- 통계청 (2014). 사회조사보고서.
- 한주희 (2005). 맞벌이 가족을 위한 한국형 코하우징 계획안. 가톨릭대학교 대학원 박사학위 청구논문.
- Abidin, R. R. (1992). The determinants of parenting behavior. Journal Clinic Child Adolescent Psychology, 21(4), 401-412.
- Anderson, S. A., & Sabatelli, R. M. (2003). Family interaction: A multigenerational developmental perspective. Boston, Mass: Pearson Education Co.
- Bittman, M., England, P., Sayer, L., Folbre, N., & Matheson, G. (2003). When does gender trump money? Bargaining and time in household. The American Journal of Sociology, 109(1), 186-214. https://doi.org/10.1086/378341
- Boca, D., & Wetzels, C. (2007). Social policies, labour markets & motherhood: A comparative analysis of European counties. Economic Issues-Stoke on Trent-, 14(1), 100-101.
- Bronfenbrenner, U. (1979). The ecology of human development. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.
- Bronfenbrenner, U. (1989). Ecological systems theory. In R. Vasta (Ed.), Annals of child development, 6, 187-249. Greenwich, CT: JAI Press.
- Christopher, C., Umemura, T., Mann, T., Jacobvitz, D., & Hazen, N. (2015). Marital quality over the transition to parenthood as a Predictor of coparenting, Journal of Child and Family Studies. 10.1007/s10826-015-0172-0 https://doi.org/10.1007/s10826-015-0172-0
- Craig, L., & Bittman, M. (2008). The incremental time costs of children: An analysis of children's impact on adult time-Use in Australia. Feminist Economics, 14(2), 57-85.
- Elder, G. H. (1998). The life course and human development. In R. M. Lerner (Ed.). Handbook of child psychology(vol. 1, pp. 939-991). New York: Wiley.
- Elder, G. H., & Shanahan, M. J. (2006). The life course and human development. In R. M. Lerner, & Damon(Eds.). Handbook of child psychology: vol. 1. Theoretical models of human development(6th ed., pp. 313-399). New York: Wiley.
- Ermisch, J. F., & Francesconi, M. (2002). Family structure and children's achievements. Family Structure and Children's Achievements, 14(2), 249-270.
- Fuwa, M. (2004). Macro-level gender inequality and the division of household labor in 22 countries. American Sociological Review, 69(6), 751-767. https://doi.org/10.1177/000312240406900601
- Greenstein, T. N. (2000). Economic dependence, gender, and the division of labor in the home: A Replication and Extension. Journal of Marriage and the Family, 62(2), 322-335. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1741-3737.2000.00322.x
- Hashmi, H. A., Khurshid, L., & Hassan, I. (2007). Marital adjustment, stress and depression among working and nonworking women. Internet Journal Med Update, 2(1), 1-11.
- Harish, H. (2008). Dose parental employment affect children's educational attainment? Evidence from Germany. Discussion Paper 2008-05, Department of Economics, University of Munich.
- Kwan, R. W. H., Kwok, S. Y. C. L., & Ling, C. C. Y. (2015). The moderating roles of parenting self-efficacy and co-parenting alliance on marital satisfaction among Chinese fathers and mothers. Journal of Child and Family Studies, 24, 772-783. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10826-013-9888-x
- Ross, C. E., & Mirowsky, J. (1988). Child care and emotional adjustment to wives' employment. Journal of Health and Social Behavior, 29, 127-138. https://doi.org/10.2307/2137053
- Sayer, L. C. (2005). Gender, time and inequality: Trends in women's and men's paid work, unpaid work and free time. Social Forces, 84(1), 285-304. https://doi.org/10.1353/sof.2005.0126
- Spurlock, J. (1995). Multiple roles of women and role strains. Health Care Women International, 16, 501-508. https://doi.org/10.1080/07399339509516205
- Vannoy, D., & Philliber, W. P. (1992). Wife's employment and quality of marriage. Journal of Marriage and the Family, 54, 387-398. https://doi.org/10.2307/353070
- The Relationship between Job Stress and Turnover Intention of Child Care Teachers and the Moderating Role of Motivation for Child Care Work vol.33, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7466/JKHMA.2015.33.5.87
- A Study on the Factors Related Parenting Stress of Employed and Unemployed Mothers with Preschoolers vol.25, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5934/kjhe.2016.25.6.665
Supported by : 한국방송통신대학교