- Volume 52 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Morphology and Properties of Textiles Manufactured by Three-Dimensional Printing Based on Fused Deposition Modeling
용융 수지 압출 조형방식 3D 프린팅으로 제조된 텍스타일의 형태 및 물성
- Lee, Sun Hee (Department of Fashion Design, Dong-A University)
- 이선희 (동아대학교 패션디자인학과)
- Received : 2015.07.04
- Accepted : 2015.08.08
- Published : 2015.08.31
In this study, the possibility of textile manufacture by 3D printing based on fused deposition modeling (FDM) was investigated. Among the various filaments that can be used for 3D printing, three polylactic acid (PLA) filaments and one thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) filament was collected and then examined by dynamic mechanical thermal analysis (DMTA), differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), and a tensile test. An Stereolithograpy (STL) file with a 3D textile model was prepared and transformed into a G-code file using a G-code generator. The extrusion conditions for 3D printing were controlled by nozzle speed, nozzle temperature, thickness of the outer layer, height of the layer, and extrusion speed. Textiles manufactured by 3D printing based on FDM using PLA and TPU filaments were obtained. A 3D textile sample prepared using TPU filament was analyzed for morphology, and thermal and tensile properties, and the following results were obtained: melt temperature of approximately
- S. Huh and H. H. Cho, "The Application of 3D Printing of Consumer Viewpoint", PD Issue Report, KEIT, 2013, pp.14-26.
- W. S. Jang, S. H. Lee, and C. Y. Jung, "The Strategy of Korea Ceramic Industry for 3D Printing Manufacturing Innovation", PD Issue Report, KEIT, 2013, pp.32-53.
- T. E. Sung, "3D Printer : View and Task of 3D Printer", KISTI Market Report, 2013, 3, 7-10.
- D. H. Nam, H. Y. Cho, S. B. Lee, and J. W. Huh, "Current State and Research Direction of 3D Printing Polymer", PD Issue Report, KEIT, 2014, pp.53-75.
- J. W. Yang, Master's Thesis, Hongik University, Seoul, 2014.
- Rokit, User's Manual, Creator K V8, Seoul, 2014.
- TPC Mechatronics, User's manual-Cura, Seoul, 2014.
- S. H. Lee, "A Study of Materials of Fashion Product of Manufactured by 3D Printer", Proceeding's the Korean Clothing Industry, 2014, p.169.
- S. H. Lee and M. Y. Hur, "Study on Physical Properties and Processing Conditions of Filaments Manufacturing by FDM 3D Printing", Proceedings of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 2014, p.132.
- The Korean Fiber Society, "Synthetic Fibers", Hyungsul, Seoul, 1994.
- Evaluation of Mechanical Properties and Washability of 3D Printed lace/voil Composite Fabrics Manufactured by FDM 3D printing Technology vol.20, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2018.20.3.353
- The Recent Tendency of Fashion Textiles by 3D Printing vol.20, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2018.20.2.117