- Volume 29 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Statistical Predictability of Drinking Water Qualities for Contamination Warning System
수질오염 감시체계 구축을 위한 수질 데이터의 통계적 예측 가능성 검토
Park, No-Suk;Lee, Young-Joo;Chae, Seonha;Yoon, Sukmin
- Received : 2015.05.29
- Accepted : 2015.08.05
- Published : 2015.08.15
This study have been conducted to analyze the feasibility of establishing Contamination Warning System(CWS) that is capable of monitoring early natural or intentional water quality accidents, and providing active and quick responses for domestic C_water supply system. In order to evaluate the water quality data set, pH, turbidity and free residual chlorine concentration data were collected and each statistical value(mean, variation, range) was calculated, then the seasonal variability of those were analyzed using the independent t-test. From the results of analyzing the distribution of outliers in the measurement data using a high-pass filter, it could be confirmed that a lot of lower outliers appeared due to data missing. In addition, linear filter model based on autoregressive model(AR(1) and AR(2)) was applied for the state estimation of each water quality data set. From the results of analyzing the variability of the autocorrelation coefficient structure according to the change of window size(6hours~48hours), at least the window size longer than 12hours should be necessary for estimating the state of water quality data satisfactorily.
contamination warning system;outlier;high-pass filter;linear filter model
- Alfredo Hua-Sing. Ang and Wilson H. Tang (2006). Probability concepts in Engineering 2nd Ed., John Wiley & Sons. New York, pp.406.
- Hart, W.E., Murray, R. (2010). Review of Sensor Placement Strategies for Contamination Warning Systems in Drinking Water Distribution Systems. Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, ASCE, 136(6), pp. 611-619. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)WR.1943-5452.0000081
- Janke, R., Murray, R. Uber, J., Taxon, T. (2006). Comparison of Physical Sampling and Real-Time Monitoring Strategies for Designing a Contamination Warning System in a Drinking Water Distribution System. Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, 132(4), pp. 310-313. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9496(2006)132:4(310)
- Kim, Y.H, (1990), Time series analysis, FREEACADEMY, pp 735
- Kim, S.J. (2010), Essential Kalman Filter, A-jin, pp. 270.
- Kim, S., Cho, N.W., Kang, S.H. (2010), Density-based Outlier Detection for Very Large Data , Journal of the Korean Operations Research and Management Science Society, 35(2), pp. 71-88.
- Kim, D.J. (2011). Solutions for Missing Values in Categorical Data, The Korean Association For Comparative Government, 15(2), pp.319-342.
- Lee, T.H. (2014), A Comparison of Full Information Maximum Likelihood, Multiple Imputation, and Bayesian Approach in Overall Goodness of Fit Assessment of Structural Equation Modeling with Missing Data, Korean Journal of Psychology: General, 33(2), pp.507-536
- Lim, S.H., Kim, S.W., Park, H.J (2006). Optimal Construction of Multiple Indexes for Time-Series Subsequence Matching, Journal of KISS: Databases, 33(2), pp. 201-2013.
- Tangena, B. H., Janssen, P. J. C. M., Tiesjema, G., van den Brandhof, E.J., Klein Koerkamp, M., Verhoef, J. W., Filippi, A., (2011), A Novel approach early warning of drinking water contamination events, the Water Contamination Emergencies Conference 4 in Mullheim, October 11-13, 2010.
- U.S. EPA (2005), Water Sentinel System Architecture Draft, Version 1.0, U.S EPA Water Security Division.
- U.S. EPA (2010), Water Quality Event Detection Systema for Drinking Water Contamination Warning System, Development, Testing, and Application of CANARY.
- U.S. EPAa (2014), Water Security Initiative: System Evaluation of the Cincinnati Contamination Warning System Pilot, U.S EPA Water Security Division.
- U.S. EPAb (2014), Water Security Initiative: Evaluation of the Water Quality Monitoring Component of the Cincinnati Contamination Warning System Pilot, U.S EPA Water Security Division.
- Watkinson, John (1998), The Art of Sound Reproduction. Focal Press. Massachusetts, pp. 576.
- A Study on the Turbidity Estimation Model Using Data Mining Techniques in the Water Supply System vol.38, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2016.38.2.87
- Application of the LPCF Model for Real-Time Contamination Warning in the Water Supply System vol.40, pp.10, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2018.40.10.403
Grant : 차세대 에코이노베이션사업(글로벌탑 환경기술개발사업)
Supported by : 환경부