- Volume 29 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A study on Determination Method of the Compliance Concentration of Effluent Limitation from Public Sewage Treatment Works in the Jinwee-stream Watershed Sewer System
유역하수도 공공하수처리시설의 방류수 수질 준수농도 설정방안 연구: 진위천 수계를 중심으로
Jeong, Dong-Hwan;Cho, Yangseok;Kim, Youngseok;Ahn, Kyunghee;Chung, Hyen-Mi;Kwon, Ohsang
- Received : 2015.06.15
- Accepted : 2015.08.07
- Published : 2015.08.15
In accordance with the Watershed Sewer System Maintenance Plan enforced on February 2, 2013, the different compliance concentration of effluent limit be applied to effluent discharged from public sewage treatment works(PSTWs) in each watershed on the basis of water quality thereof. With the introduction of watershed sewer system, it is necessary to set the compliance concentration of effluent limit for PSTWs situated in the watershed, by region and PSTW size, to achieve water quality criteria for regional watersheds or target water quality under TMDL program. Watershed Environmental Agencies establish the Watershed Sewer System Maintenance Plan and set the compliance concentrations of effluent limit for PSTWs under the plan. The agencies plan to apply tougher effluent BOD concentration limits in Class I to IV areas. Effluent BOD concentration limits will be toughened from 5~10 mg/L to 3 mg/L in class II~III areas, from 10mg/L to 5mg/L in class IV areas. Uniform application of effluent BOD concentration limits to PSTWs in the watershed sewer system need to be complemented considering type of sewage treatment technology employed and watershed characteristics. Therefore, this study presents method to determine the compliance concentration of effluent limit from PSTWs in the watershed.
Best treatment technology;Determination method;Effluent limitation;Sewage treatment works;Watershed sewer system
- England and Wales (2003) The urban wastewater treatment regulation.
- EU (1991) Water quality in the European Union, Council Directive of 21 May 1991 concerning Urban wastewater treatment(91/271/EEC).; EU (1998) Revised Directive.
- Federal Environment Agency (2014) Water resource management in Germany.
- Frost, R.C. (2009) EU practice in setting wastewater emission limit values, http://wgw.org.ua/materials.php.
- Haksik Lee.Jihoon Lim (2005) Manual of SPSS 12.0, Beopmoon-sa.
- Ministere de l'ecologie, de l'energie, du developpement durable et de la mer (2009) Directive europeenne du 21 mai 1991 relative au traitement des eaux urbaines residuaires.
- Ministry of Environment (2008) A study of management measures and maintenance for watershed sewer system.
- Ministry of Environment (2011) Commission report to establish the Watershed Sewer System Maintenance Plan in the Miho-stream watershed.
- Ministry of Environment (2013) Guideline for the establishment of Watershed Sewer System Maintenance Plan.
- Ministry of Environment (2013.02.01) Specified unit watershed of the Watershed Sewer System Maintenance Plan, The notice of MOE No. 2013-10.
- Ministry of Environment (2013.11.29) Implementation regulation of Sewerage Act, The Ordinance of Ministry of Environment No. 526.
- Ministry of Environment (2014.04.30) Assessment guideline for implementation plan of Water Pollution Total Load Management, The notice of MOE No. 2014-71.
- Ministry of Environment.Han-River Basin Environmental Office (2014) Commission report to establish the Watershed Sewer System Maintenance Plan in the Anseong-stream watershed.
- National Institute of Environmental Research (2011) Manual of standard technological assessment for establishment of individual wastewater limitations of each industrial facility.
- Northern Ireland (2007) The urban wastewater treatment regulation.
- Scotland (2003) The urban wastewater treatment regulation.
- US EPA (2010) NPDES permit writer's manual.
- Youngsan-River Basin Environmental Office (2013) Commission report to establish the Watershed Sewer System Maintenance Plan in the upper area of Youngsan river.
- 日本 (2012) 下水道法 施行令(平成 24年).
Grant : 유역하수도 정비계획수립을 위한 공공하수처리시설 최적처리기술 연구(Ⅲ)