- Volume 24 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Leveling of Aged Low Carbon Steel Sheets in order to Prevent Shape Defects after Stamping
시효 발생한 저탄소 냉연강판의 가공형상 불량 방지를 위한 판재 교정기술 활용
- Received : 2015.01.19
- Accepted : 2015.05.06
- Published : 2015.08.01
In order to prevent shape defects such as fluting and stretcher strains during press forming of aged low carbon steel sheets, roller leveling conditions for reducing yield point elongation were studied. Yield point elongations of leveled sheets were determined as a function of leveling, which is defined as the plastic fraction or the ratio of plastically deformed part in sheet thickness section to the whole thickness of the sheet. By adjusting this plastic fraction during leveling to more than 78%, yield point elongation in the leveled sheets was reduced so no fluting occurred during subsequent tangential bending. Stretcher strains can be avoided by leveling the sheet to an 84% plastic fraction condition.
Aging;Fluting;Stretcher Strain;Bending;Stamping;Leveling;Roller Leveler;Shape Defect
- Y. Misaka, T. Masui, 1978, Shape Correction of Steel Strip by Tension Leveller, Transactions ISIJ, Vol.18, pp. 475-484.
- Y. Kimura, M. Ueno, Y. Sodani, 2002, Proc. 44th MWSP Conference Proceedings Vol. XL, Iron and Steel Society, Orlando, Floruda, USA, pp. 1011~1021.
- K. C.Park, Y. W. Jeon, K. J. Jeong, 1997, Analysis of Deformation and Residual Curvature of Steel Sheets in Strip Process Lines, Trans. Mater. Process., Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 118~135.
- F. Yoshida, M. Urabe, 1999, Computer-aided Process Design for the Tension Levelling of Metallic Strips, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 89-90, pp. 218~223. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-0136(99)00034-5
- T. Matoba, M. Ataka, T. Jimma, 1995, Calculation Method of Roller Leveling Conditions for Steel Plates, J. Jpn. Soc. Technol. Plast., Vol. 36, No. 418, pp. 1306~1311.
- H. Kano, K. Kenmochi, I. Yarita, 1998, Proc. 7th Int. Conf. on Steel Rolling : Steel Rolling ’98(eds. Makuhari), Iron and Steel Institute of Japan, Chiba, Japan, pp. 313~317.
- K. C. Park, S. M. Hwang, 2002, Development of a Finite Element Analysis Program for Roller Leveling and Application for Removing Blanking Bow Defects of Thin Sheel Sheet, ISIJ International, Vol. 42, No. 9, pp. 990~999. https://doi.org/10.2355/isijinternational.42.990
- K. C. Park, J. B. Yoon, 2007, Analysis on the Mechanism of Fluting in the Bending of Low Carbon Steels, Trans. Mater. Process., Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 317~322. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSPP.2007.16.4.317
- K. C. Park, H. J. Kim, K. S. Kim, 2006, Leveling Condition in Cut-To-Length Lines to Produce Low Residual Stress Flat Plate from Hot Rolled Coils, Trans. Mater. Process., Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 311~318. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSPP.2006.15.4.311
- E.Thesis, 2002, Everything You Need to Know about Flatteners and Levelers for Coil Processing-Part2:Flattening Solutions and the Anatomy of a Bend Flat-Rolled Metals, The Fabricator, November 7.
- W. C. Leslie, 1981, The Physical Metallurgy of Steels, International Student ed., McGraw-Hill International Book Company, pp. 74~90.
- R. Pearce 1991, Sheet Metal Forming, IOP Publishing Ltd, New York, pp. 191~204.
- W. F. Fosford, R. M. Caddell, 2007, Metal Forming 3rd Ed., Cambridge University Press, NewYork, pp. 289~295.
- M. G. Kinnavy, 1972, Recent Developments in Tension Leveling, Iron and Steel Engineer Year Book, pp. 605~ 610.