- Volume 24 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Development of Automotive Dash Panel Parts Using Warm Drawing of Magnesium Alloy AZ31B
마그네슘 합금 AZ31B 판재를 활용한 활용한 차체 Dash Panel 온간 성형 부품 개발
- Received : 2014.12.09
- Accepted : 2015.03.18
- Published : 2015.08.01
The warm drawing of magnesium alloy AZ31B sheet is affected by temperature because tensile elongation is changed due to the elevated temperature. In the current study, the effect of temperature was investigated for an automotive dash panel part by both experimental and FE analysis. Tensile tests were performed to obtain mechanical properties for various temperatures. AZ31B alloy sheet shows increased total elongation with increasing deformation temperature in the range of 200 to 300℃. The heating channel inserted into the die was used to regulate and to obtain an optimal temperature. A temperature controller was constructed to reduce temperature variation. Warm drawing of magnesium alloy AZ31B was performed to produce the desired shape of the lightweight automotive dash panel. The simulated results showed good agreement with the experimental results.
Warm Drawing;Automotive Dash Panel;Magnesium Alloy;AZ31B;Lightweight
- S. S. Choi, 2010, Prediction of Fatigue Design Life in Magnesium Alloy by Failure Probability, J. Kor. Soc. Manuf. Technol. Eng., Vol. 19, No. 6, pp. 804~811.
- S. S. Choi, 2009, Effect of Specimen Thickness on Probability Distribution of Fatigue Crack Propagation Behavior in Magnesium Alloy AZ31, J. Kor. Soc. Manuf. Technol. Eng., Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 395~400.
- H. K. Kim, J. D. Kim, Y. M. Heo, W. J. Kim, 2012, A Comparative Study of Failure Criteria for Magnesium Alloy Sheet under Warm Press Forming Condition, Trans. Mater. Process., Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 113~118. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSTP.2012.21.2.113
- S. W. Kim, Y. S. Lee, 2012, Failure Prediction for an AZ31 Alloy Sheet during Warm Drawing using FEM Combined with Ductile Fracture Criteria, Trans. Mater. Process., Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 258~264. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSTP.2012.21.4.258
- M. G. Lee, H. J. Kim, 2011, Experimental and Analytical Evaluation of Forming Characteristics for AZ31B Magnesium Alloy Sheet, Trans. Mater. Process., Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 146~153. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSTP.2011.20.2.146
- S. S. Han, M. Y. Lee, 2013, Numerical Study of the Butting Process for a AZ31B Magnesium Alloy Tube, Trans. Mater. Process., Vol. 22, No. 8, pp. 486~491. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSTP.2013.22.8.486
- D. O. Kim, C. W. Kang, S. Y. Lee, 2011, The Study of the Variation of Strain Rate Sensitivity Index Depending on the Strain and Microstructural Observations of AZ31 Mg Alloy Sheet, Trans. Mater. Process., Vol. 20, No. 7, pp. 498~503. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSTP.2011.20.7.498
- W. J. Song, S. C. Heo, T. W. Ku, B. S. Kang, J. Kim, 2011, Evaluation of Strain, Strain Rate and Temperature Dependent Flow Stress Model for Magnesium Alloy Sheets, Trans. Mater. Process., Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 229~235. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSTP.2011.20.3.229
- D. H. Jang, 2011, Process Development for Automotive Hybrid Hood using Magnesium Alloy AZ31B Sheet, Trans. Mater. Process., Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 160~166. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSTP.2011.20.2.160