- Volume 24 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Surface Hardness as a Function of Laser Metal Deposition Parameters
레이저 메탈 디포지션 변수에 의한 표면경도 특성 분석
Kim, WH;Jung, BH;Park, ID;Oh, MH;Choi, SW;Kang, DM
- Received : 2015.02.11
- Accepted : 2015.05.14
- Published : 2015.08.01
The characteristics of the laser metal deposition parameters were studied to enhance the deposition efficiency using a diode pumped disk laser. STD61 hot tool steel plate and Fe based AISI M2 alloy were used as a substrate and powder for the laser metal deposition, respectively. Among the laser metal deposition parameters the laser power, track pitch and powder feed rate were used to estimate the deposition efficiency. From the experimental results, the deposition efficiency was shown to be excellent when 1.8kW laser power 500um track pitch and 10g/min of the powder feed rate were used. For this optimal condition the average hardness of the deposition track was approximately 830HV, and this value is 30~50% better than the hardness of the commercially produced tool steel after heat treatment.
Laser Metal Deposition;STD61;M2 Powder;Track;Hardness
- C. Mitterer, F. Holler, F. Ustel, D. Heim, 2000, Application of Hard Coatings in Aluminium Die Casting - Soldering, Erosion and Thermal Fatigue Behaviour, Surf. Coat. Technol., Vol.125, No. 1~3, pp. 233~239. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0257-8972(99)00555-1
- O. Salas, K. Kearns, S. Carrera, J. J. Moore, 2003, Tribological Behavior of Candidate Coatings for Al Die Casting Dies, Surf. Coat. Technol., Vol. 172, No. 2~3, pp. 117~127. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0257-8972(03)00322-0
- H. Forati Rad, A. Amadeh, H. Moradi, 2011, Wear Assessment of Plasma Nitrided AISI H11 Steel, Mater. Des., Vol. 32, No. 5, pp. 2635~2643. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matdes.2011.01.027
- H. Gedda, 2000, Laser Surface Cladding - A Literature Survey, Tech. Rep.
- N. H. Kang, Y. G. Yoo, 2007, Laser Cladding Technology in Overlay Welding, J. Korean. Weld. Joining. Soc., Vol. 25, No.1, pp. 7~8. https://doi.org/10.5781/KWJS.2007.25.1.007
- G. Telasang, J. Dutta. Majumdar, G. Padmanabham, I. Manna, 2014, Structure-property Correlation in Laser Surface Treated AISI H13 Tool Steel for Improved Mechanical Properties, Mater. Sci. Eng., A, Vol. 599, pp. 255~267. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msea.2014.01.083
- Z. Zhang, P. Lin, D. Cong, S. Kong, H. Zhou, L. Ren, 2014, The Characteristics of Treated Zone Processed by Pulsed Nd-YAG Laser Surface Remelting on Hot Work Steel, Opt. Laser Technol., Vol. 64, pp. 227~234. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optlastec.2014.05.015
- C. Navas, A. Conde, B. J. Fernandez, F. Zubiri, J. de Damborenea, 2005, Laser Coatings to Improve Wear Resistance of Mould Steel, Surf. Coat. Technol., Vol. 194, No. 1, pp. 136~142. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.surfcoat.2004.05.002
- S. H. Yeh, L. H. Chiu, W. C. Lo, C. L. Huang, 2011, Influence of Vacuum Heat Treatment and Salt-Bath Nitrocarburization on the Corrosion Behavior of JIS SKD61 and DH31S Hot Work Steels, Adv. Mater. Res., Vol. 154~155, pp. 1165~1169.
- Y. S. Chang, 2007, Evaluation of the Productivity and Environmental Effects of Laser Aided Direct Metal Deposition Process for Remanufacturing, Clean Technol., Vol.13, No.3, pp. 228~234.
- S. Q. Wang, K. M. Chen, X. H. Cui, Q. C. Jiang, B. Hong, 2006, Effect of Alloying Elements on Thermal Wear of Cast Hot-Forging Die Steels, J. Iron. Steel Res. Int., Vol.13, No. 5, pp. 53~59.
- W. Zhang, 2012, Research on Microstructure and Property of Fe-VC Composite Material Made by Laser Cladding, Physics Procedia, Int. Conf. Solid State Devices Mater. Sci., Vol.25, pp. 200~204.
- Effect of substrate preheating by induction heater on direct energy deposition of AISI M4 powder vol.682, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msea.2016.11.029
- Study of High Speed Steel AISI M4 Powder Deposition using Direct Energy Deposition Process vol.25, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5228/KSTP.2016.25.6.353
- Influence of heat treatment on wear behavior and impact toughness of AISI M4 coated by laser melting deposition vol.328, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.surfcoat.2017.08.059
- Effects of substrate preheating during direct energy deposition on microstructure, hardness, tensile strength, and notch toughness vol.23, pp.6, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12540-017-7049-2
- A Study on Micro-Structure and Wear Behavior of AISI M4 and CPM15V Deposited by Laser Melting vol.56, pp.6, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3365/KJMM.2018.56.6.430