- Volume 28 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
곰취 신품종의 고랭지재배시 수확시기별 생리활성 비교
Suh, Jong Taek;Choi, Eun Yeong;Yoo, Dong Lim;Kim, Ki Deog;Lee, Jong Nam;Hong, Su Young;Kim, Su Jeong;Nam, Jeong Hoan;Han, Hye Min;Kim, Myong Jo
- 투고 : 2014.12.17
- 심사 : 2015.05.13
- 발행 : 2015.08.31
There has been little research on the harvesting time-dependent changes in the antioxidant activities of new varieties of highland cultures of Gomchwi (Ligularia fischeri) crossed with Turcs (Ligularia fischeri (Ledeb.)) and Nakai (Ligularia fischeri var. spiciformis), namely Sammany (S), Gommany (G) and Damogy (D). This study was conducted to assess the effect of different harvesting times on nutritional and health-related properties such as total phenolic contents, flavonoids, DPPH (1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrasyl) free radical scavenging activities and reducing power. From these harvests, extracts were prepared using methanol. Total phenolic content in Jul 14-G (Gommany harvested on July 14, 0.172 ㎎·GAE/ml) was higher than that in other products harvested after the same period (S, 0.154; D, 0.141 ㎎·GAE/ml). Flavonoid content was higher in Jul 3-G (0.114 ㎎·QE/ml), compared to Jul 3-S (0.113 ㎎·QE/ml) and Jul 14-D (0.089 ㎎·QE/ml). Antioxidant activities were higher in samples harvested after June 12 in all cases. On July 14, the highest DPPH free radical scavenging activities among all harvest dates were seen (92.875~94.595%). The reducing power was also dependent on harvest day (Abs 0.5~0.6 on July 14), showing a pattern similar to that of DPPH free radical-scavenging activities. Antioxidant activity and harvesting times seem to correlate with total polyphenol and flavonoid contents.
Total phenolic contents;Flavonoids;DPPH free radical scavenging activities;Reducing power;Antioxidant activity
- Sun, J., Y.F. Chu, X. Wu and R.H. Liu. 2002. Antioxidant and anti-proliferative activities of common fruits. J. Agr. Food Chem. 50:7449-7454. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf0207530
- Yeon, B.R., H.M. Cho, M.S. Yun, J.W. Jhoo, J.W. Jung, Y.H. Park and S.M. Kim. 2012. Comparison of fragrance and chemical composition of essential oils in Gom-chewi (Ligularia fischeri) and Handaeri Gom-chewi (Ligularia fischeri var. spicifoprmis). J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. 41(12):1758-1763 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2012.41.12.1758
- Moreno, M.I.N., M.I. Isla., A.R. Sampietro and M.A. Vattuone. 2000. Comparison of the free radical-scavenging activity of propolis from several regions of Argentina. J. Ethnopharmacol. 71:109-114. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-8741(99)00189-0
- Oyaisu, M. 1986. Studies on product of browning reaction prepared from glucose amine. Journal of Nutrition 44:307-315.
- Park, C.H. 1997. Development of high income plant resources in Kangwon province. National Research Foundation of Korea. p. 4.
- Park, H.J. and K.Y. Lee. 2013. Evaluations on antioxidant effect of methanol extract from immature cotton boll. Korean J. Plant Res. 26(4):426-432 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.7732/kjpr.2013.26.4.426
- Park, S.J., W.J. Park, B.C. Lee, S.D. Kim and M.H. Kang. 2006. Antioxidative activity of different species Lycium chinensis Miller extracts by harvest time. J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. 35(9):1146-1150 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2006.35.9.1146
- Sa, Y.J., J.S. Kim, M.O. Kim, H.J. Jeong, C.Y. Yu, D.S. Park and M.J. Kim. 2010. Comparative study of electron donating ability, reducing rower, antimicrobial activity and inhibition of α-glucosidase by sorghum bicolor extracts. Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. 42(5):598-604 (in Korean).
- Woo, J.H. and C.H. Lee. 2008. Effect of harvest date on antioxidant of Dendranthema sawadskii var. latilobum (Maxim.) Kitam and D. sawadskii var. yesoense (Maek.) Y.M. Lee & H.J. Choi. Korean J. Plant Res. 21(2):128-133 (in Korean).
- Xiong, Q., S. Kadota, T. Tadata and T. Namba. 1996. Antioxidative effects of phenylethanoids from Cistanche deserticola. Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin 19:1580-1585. https://doi.org/10.1248/bpb.19.1580
- Kim, E.J., J.Y. Choi, M.R. Yu, M.Y. Kim, S.H. Lee and B.H. Lee. 2012. Total polyphenols, total flavonoid contents, and antioxidant activity of Korean natural and medicinal plants. Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. 44(3):337-342 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2012.44.3.337
- Kim, S.M., S.W. Kang and B.H. Um. 2010. Extraction conditions of radical scavenging Caffeoylquinic acids from Gomchui (Ligularia fischeri) Tea. J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. 39(3):399-405 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2010.39.3.399
- Kim, Y.D., W.J. Ko, K.S. Koh, Y.J. Jeon and S.H. Kim. 2009. Composition of flavonoids and antioxidative activity from juice of Jeju native citrus fruits during maturation. Korean J. Nutr. 42(3):278-290 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.4163/kjn.2009.42.3.278
- Lee, S.H., S.H. Lee, S.K. Kim, E.Y. Hong, S.H. Chun, I.C. Son and D.I. Kim. 2014b. Effect of harvest time on the several phenolic compounds and fruit quality of grape cultivars. Korean J. Plant Res. 27(2):119-124 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.7732/kjpr.2014.27.2.119
- Kuhnau, J. 1976. The Flavonoids: a class of semiessential food components: their role in human nutrition. World Rev. Nutr. Diet. 24:117-120. https://doi.org/10.1159/000399407
- Kwon, Y.J., K.H. Kim and H.K. Kim. 2002. Changes of total polyphenol content and antioxidant activity of Ligularia fischeri extracts with different microwave-assisted extraction conditions. Korean J. Food Preserv. 9(3):332-337 (in Korean).
- Lee, M.K., J.S. Park, H.J. Song and S.U. Chon. 2014a. Effects of polyphenol and catechin levels on antioxidant activity of several edible flower extracts. Korean J. Plant Res. 27(2): 111-118 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.7732/kjpr.2014.27.2.111
- Lee, Y.S. 2000. Studies of Ligularia fischeri, Perilla leave, Taraxacum platycarpum and Allium tubrosum Rottler on the antioxidative activity. Graduate school, Hallym Univ., Korea.
- Choi, J.S., J.H. Park, H.G. Kim, H.S. Young and S.I. Mun. 1993. Screening for antioxidant activity of plants and marine algae and its active principles from Prunus daviana. Korean Journal of Pharmacology 24:299-303 (in Korean).
- Dewanto, V., W. Xianshong and R.H. Liu. 2002. Processed sweet corn has higher antioxidant activity. J. Agric Food Chem. 50:4959-4964. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf0255937
- Duan, Y., M.A. Kim, J.H. Seong, H.S. Chung and H.S. Kim. 2014. Antioxidative activities of various solvent extracts from haw (Crataegus pinnatifida Bunge). Korean J. Food Preserv. 21(2):246-253 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2014.21.2.246
- Ham, S.S., S.Y. Lee, D.H. Oh, S.W. Jung, S.H. Kim, C.K. Jeong and I.J. Kang. 1998. Cytotoxicity of Ligularia fischeri extracts. J. Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr. 27:987-992 (in Korean).
- Kawaguchi, K., T. Misuno, K. Aida and K. Uchino. 1997. Hesperidin as an inhibitor of lipases from porcine pancreas and pseudomonas. Biosci. Biotecnol. Biochem. 61:102-104. https://doi.org/10.1271/bbb.61.102
- Hwang, I.W., J.E. Kim and S.K. Chung. 2010. Antioxidant capacities and flavonoid contents of Wild mulberry and Ginko eaves teas. Agric. Rex. Bull. Kyungpook Natl. Univ. 28:1-7 (in Korean).
- Kang, S.K. and M.Y. Shon. 2007. Changes of bioactive compounds and antioxidant activities in Korean Green Tea (Camellia sinensis) with different harvesting periods. Korean J. Food Preserv. 14(6):709-715 (in Korean).
- Kang, Y.H., Y.K. Park and G.D. Lee. 1996. The nitrite scavenging and electron donating ability of phenolic compounds. J. Korean Food Sci. Technol. 28(2): 232-239 (in Korean).
- Khan, N., D.N. Syed, N. Ahmad and H. Mukhtar. 2013. Fisetin: A dietary antioxidant for health promotion. Antioxiants & Redox Signaling 19(2):151-162. https://doi.org/10.1089/ars.2012.4901
- Choi, J.H. and S.K. Oh. 1985. Studies on the anti-aging action of Korean Ginseng. Korean J. Food sci. Technol. 17:506-515 (in Korean).
- Ahn, M.J. 2015. Constituents and Their bioactivities of Ligularia fischeri Turcs leaves. Ph.D Thesis, Chung-Ang Univ., Korea.
- Bae, J.H., S.O. Yu, Y.M. Kim, S.U. Chon, B.W. Kim and B.G Heo. 2009. Physiological activity of methanol extracts from Ligularia fischeri and their hyperplasia inhibition activity of cancer cell. J Bio-Environ Control. 18:67-73.
- Cho, S.D. and S.D. Kim. 2005. Food product development and quality characterisation of Ligularia fischeri for food resources. Korean J. Food Preserv. 12: 43-47 (in Korean).
- Antioxidant and Antiproliferative Activity of Extracts from Water Chestnut (Trapa japonica Flerow) vol.24, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7732/kjpr.2015.28.4.391
- Review of Recent Studies and Research Analysis for Anti-oxidant and Anti-aging Materials vol.14, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7732/kjpr.2015.28.4.391
- Several Factors Affecting Seed Emergence, Seedling Quality and Survival of Potted Seedling on Ligularia fischeri vol.105, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7732/kjpr.2015.28.4.391
- Breeding of ‘Gommany’ Cultivar of Gomchwi with Disease Resistant, High Quality, and Yield vol.29, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7732/kjpr.2015.28.4.391
연구 과제번호 : 곰취류 고품질 내병 다수성 품종육성