- Volume 52 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Lug Arrangement and Dynamic Analysis of Lifting Simulation for Underwater Installation of Structure in Asymmetric Position
비대칭 위치의 수중 구조물 설치를 위한 러그 위치 산정 및 리프팅 동역학 해석
- Received : 2014.11.24
- Accepted : 2015.06.02
- Published : 2015.08.20
RGT(Riser Guide Tube) is a part of mooring on the bottom of a turret system to be connected with a production riser, and DBSC(Diverless Bend Stiffener Connector) is a latching component between them. In this paper, appropriate lug arrangement is decided mathematically for the case that a DBSC is lifted and installed on a RGT under the water while FPSO is under construction. Considering asymmetric arrangement & position of RGT and initial lug position, additional lug positions are determined by using an optimization method. The modified installation scheme with new lug points is investigated with a lifting simulation system, SIMSON. The simulation result shows that the installation of DBSC on RGT under the given conditions is quite feasible; therefore the mathematical method is proven to be appropriate.
Diverless bend stiffener connector;Lug arrangement;Lifting simulation
- Park, K.P. Cha, J.H. & Lee, K.Y., 2011. Analysis for Lifting Design of a Floating Crane with Elastic Booms. Special Issue of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, pp.5-11.
- Tin-Loi, F. & Lee, Z., 2004, Optimal Tilt Lifting of Beams as a Min-Max Problem. Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, 26(1-2), pp.160-168. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00158-003-0312-9
- Boyd, S., 2007. Handouts of Introduction to Linear Dynamical Systems. Stanford Engineering Everywhere(SEE), Stanford University.
- Cha, J.H. Ham, S.H. Lee, K.Y. Park, K.P. Suh, H.W. & Roh, M.I., 2007. Development of an integrated simulation framework and its application to shipbuilding process planning. International Conference on Computer Applications in Shipbuilding 2007, Portsmouth, United Kingdom, 18-20 September 2007, pp.293-290.
- Choi, K.S. & Shin, M.K., 2003. Lifting Analysis for a Sunken Ship in Consideration of Elongation of Crane Ropes. Journal of the Korean Society of Ocean Engineers, 14(3), pp.33-38.
- FES International, 2013. Diverless Bend Stiffener Connectors – Specification. Ashington: FES International Group.
- Hwang, J.H. Kim, Y.H. Ha, S.H. Seo, J.G. Lee, C.Y. Lee, K.Y. Park, K.P. & Cha, J.H., 2009. Guideline of Weight Factor for Lifting Operation by Parallel Connected Floating Cranes and Verification using Simulation. Special Issue of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, pp.107-114.